Cowboys to sign Sanchez

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Insurance......that is all....better than Showers

When running from a bear you don't have to be faster than the bear, just faster than anyone else running

DFWJC

Reaction score
I like the signing though. No trade, just a pickup. Not much downside really.
He was fine for a backup in the preseason, but more pricey than the other guys.
Most vet QBs could operate ok behind out line and with our weapons.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
If Romo misses 8 games, I would say there is a 50/50 chance Sanchez starts games for us.

No way he starts over Dak. Sanchez is 3rd stringer at best. Only negative in my book would be if we have to pay his full $4.5M salary.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It is the actual player. You are arguing for a concept.

Sanchez is a turnover waiting to happen each and every time his hands surround the football. That is an established fact.

Call me crazy but that does not exactly spell "great move".

He has had a passer rating of over 80 the past 2 seasons. He also has more TD than INT in that time as well.

I agree he is decidedly mediocre but then there aren't 20 quality QBs in the league and the notion that Kosars are easily available to play backup in the new millennium is delusional.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Zi4dWaj.gif
One of the best movies ever.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Seeing that Sanchez has had more success in the playoffs than Romo, and can actually finish games... It is a VERY safe assumption. Dak needs a reliable backup. Again, good pickup for Dallas.

oh dear.

Big D

Reaction score
We'll never get to see Showers play with a full cast because he never performed well enough in camp to earn the opportunity to play with a full cast. A player is slotted based on how they perform in practice.

Perhaps but the kids been on the team for 3yrs already. Why not give him a shot? And we're not even guaranteeing him any playing time because I doubt Dak relinquishes his spot that easily. That just tells me either the staff either thinks he's no good or has no faith in what they've taught him.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
non taken. i do that .

Basically, The cowboys havent solved the back up qb problem since the days of Garrett. Ok, this time they would have, BUT they again hedged the bet on Romos health. A very bad gamble. Dallas should have kept showers and ran with him or just signed a cheap back up. If Dak goes down anyway no QB we bring is ready, (see Orton) Dallas just never takes care of this problem. They liken it to starting Witten, there is no medal or stat that helps them win for starting Witten but they love to do it anyway. They dont win anything by letting Romo play ever snap and never use a back up, but they still keep doing the same mistake over and over and over. Just something they like to do. No matter who we sign wont be ready anyway because Dallas never lets them play enough.

What more is Dallas supposed to do? The 1st and 2nd string QB are out. The 3rd string/ rookie is now starting. What additional playtime could he get, unless this is just a backhanded slap at Romo.

And name a team that doesn't let the starter take every possible snap, outside of preseason. How many snaps does Brady's backup normally get?
Rodgers?
Manning?
Wilson?

Anyone with a legitimate starting QB?

I don't get the complaint that Dallas did not have a legitimate, prepared, experienced 4th string QB. What you advocate doesn't exist.

Last edited:

Qbert

Reaction score
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1m1 minute ago

Cowboys may be in hot water with league for signing Sanchez before NFL issued official transaction report for the day, source tells PFT.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
No way he starts over Dak. Sanchez is 3rd stringer at best. Only negative in my book would be if we have to pay his full $4.5M salary.
You mean a guy who has played in 6 playoff games would never start over a 4th round rookie drafted as a project, who is still learning how to play under center and that the team did not even want to see the field in 2016? Ok.

I know we have a lot of crazy people in here chiseling Dak's Hall of Fame bust already, but there is a very real, very good chance he could struggle mightily like most rookies. They are not going to just flush the season, for his and the team's own good he would be benched. There is a very real chance Sanchez will start games here. The first guy always gets the quick hook.