Cowboys to sign Sanchez

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
So of all the QB's that are available, This is who they get. I can't stand him. I understand that there's not a whole lot to choose from but this guy is the worst. Dak please stay healthy. That's ok though. Sanchez can sit on the bench with the 2 Smith fullbacks who really aren't fullbacks.

Look at the bright side: Jerry and Stephen said they were going to fix the backup QB position. Well it's fixed now. :huh:

Satchel89

Reaction score
Who else is out there?

Austin Davis was not the answer and Aaron Murray is a project with a weak arm.

He will be here one season and gone.
I said I know there's not a lot out there. Davis isn't the answer and neither is Sanchez. But like you said he won't be here very long

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Agreed.

Sanchez is 29. Been a bus driver before, won't cost much. Has won in this league and in the playoffs.

Austin Davis is 27 and hasn't done squat outside of a big game against us.

But people are mad at this?

Because people on ESPN and sports radio have derided Sanchez.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I said I know there's not a lot out there. Davis isn't the answer and neither is Sanchez. But like you said he won't be here very long
There are no answers out there. At least from waiver wires or released QB's.

If Dak isn't it season prob over but at least now we have a backup QB with NFL experience and didn't cost a draft pick .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agreed.

Sanchez is 29. Been a bus driver before, won't cost much. Has won in this league and in the playoffs.

Austin Davis is 27 and hasn't done squat outside of a big game against us.

But people are mad at this?
Mad? IDK. Just critical.

Surely they wouldn't rather have Showers on the bench?

Last edited:

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
So the Broncos drop Sanchez, we signed Sanchez, and the Broncos sign Davis. Why do I think we got hosed in this deal?

Craig

Reaction score
Im fine with it. Hopefully he never needs to see the field.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
It begs the question, if Dak does down, who would give us the best chance to win?:
1. A mediocre veteran QB in Sanchez who has not been through our training camp or preseason.
2. An untested 2nd year man in Showers who has never had a regular-season snap, but has been through training camp and preseason.

What is the correct answer to this question? Or does it even matter? Will we simply crash and burn with no Dak or Romo as we're on our way to another high draft pick?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The Cowboys will sign free agent quarterback Mark Sanchez, per Adam Schefter of ESPN.com (Twitter link).

[content added by staff]

Sanchez released by Den
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/9/3/12680850/mark-sanchez-release-broncos
The naysayers on Sanchez are the same ones who want a Showers instead or worsez an aged veteran who is in the caliber of a Weeden.
Who would you propose? A Brady? A Wilson?
THERE ARE NO BLUE CHIPPERS AVAILABLE OUT THERE, YOU EINSTEINS!!
SORRY I HAD TO GET ROUGH, BLOKES.:cool:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So the Broncos drop Sanchez, we signed Sanchez, and the Broncos sign Davis. Why do I think we got hosed in this deal?
Davis wasn't coming here so we basically just picked up the scraps and darn lucky I think.

What was our second option? Showers?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Mark Buttfumble can sit on the bench and keep Daks seats warm. That better be all he ever does.