Cowboys to sign Sanchez

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Typical responses. Here it is, folks. We DID have 3 QBs in preseason and TC, one got hurt. The other one flunked preseason while the other passed. This is what happens fellas, and it happens to nearly every team in the league. What exactly is the criticism here? That we didn't have 12 QBs on the roster ready to backup Romo/Dak? I mean, come on.

This is beyond silly. I'm just going to assume some of you are often bored and enjoy the drama.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
I like the signing. We didn't waste any draft picks. We were patient and got a QB who has won games in this league. He has never been on a team with this type of offensive talent, and he's just a backup for us. Smart move IMO. Need Dak to go 3-3 (or better), and have Romo come back after the bye to lead us to #6
starspin.gif

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Not only did you ignore reality, it makes no sense.

Fine, you don't like Moore. He only played the best out of the backup QBs Dallas trotted out.

When was this magical time Dallas had to bring in QB's? The off season? Who, pray tell, were these QBs?

Brock Osweiler? 17m a year, and wasn't going to be a backup.

Robert Griffin III? Ryan Fitzpatrick? Johnny Manziel?

Payton Manning????

Everyone willing to be a backup was average at best.

And did they ignore the position in drafting Dak? Attempting to move up for Lynch?

Hindsight is always a *****. You can always look back and state they should do more.

Who would you have brought in, if you were magically made the GM?

I did nto ignore reality, i gave you facts.

and this is cost, why pay sanchez to do what a cheaper qb can do? IF we all believe Sanchez wont last long, why pay him. I dont care if they signed Murray if hes cheaper, i dont care if they pay anyone off the street thats cheaper. They will both do the same thing and the season is over. We tried this last year and failed. Other teams do it and do what they need to do, we do it and lose all semblance of winning.

silver

Reaction score
well sanchez better not buy a place in dallas for the season. when romo comes back he will be gone.
Romo needs to string more that two games in a row without breaking down before we cut any backup QB. Even if he proves to be ironman after coming back I'd keep Sanchez as insurance. Don't have to much faith in Tony playing that much longer. His back will not get any younger. I remember last year Troy pointed out that Tony's back issue must be chronic for the Cowboys to have to keep resting him on Wednesdays after being out for 8 weeks.

"Troy Aikman said:
There are a lot of people that believe the concussions led to my retirement, but nothing could be further from the truth," Aikman said. "I then, nor now, have ever experienced anything that had to deal with the concussions. I had surgery back when I was 26. I was young when I had my first back surgery following our first Super Bowl victory and didn't miss any time for it.

"Then, going into my last year, I was having some back issues," Aikman said. "I took epidural shots, as I understand Tony [Romo] had this week, and the first time I took them was before the Jacksonville game that season in 2000, and I remember on the day of the game, waking up, and I'd never felt better for a game in my life. My back felt pain free for the first time in years. And in the first quarter, we completely turned Tony Brackens loose and he slammed me on the turf right flat on my back, and immediately, my back went into spasms. I was done for the day. So that good feeling lasted about half of a quarter. And I took shots the following week hoping that I could recapture the pain-free symptoms, and it never took again. So, that is why I retired."

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...retirement-romo-s-back-should-concern-cowboys

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Veteran with starting experience. That's more than you could ask for in a 3rd QB.

I've got no issues with the signing.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
So to summarise... someone wanted to wish Kellen luck and he broke a leg. We put Romo on I/R leaving us covered in a Dirty Sánchez. Leaving us needing a Showers.

Dak Gone It.

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
I don't love it but I can live with it because
  1. He's a back up
  2. He didn't cost us a 1st & a 4th
  3. He has NFL experience
  4. He won't be here long, Romo's coming back
  5. He's meme-arific

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Romo needs to string more that two games in a row without breaking down before we cut any backup QB. Even if he proves to be ironman after coming back I'd keep Sanchez as insurance. Don't have to much faith in Tony playing that much longer. His back will not get any younger. I remember last year Troy pointed out that Tony's back issue must be chronic for the Cowboys to have to keep resting him on Wednesdays after being out for 8 weeks.

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...retirement-romo-s-back-should-concern-cowboys
Whatever Troy.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Could've been worse. Sanchez is meh but he could even win a few games for us in a run heavy scheme w very selective PA shots; we take deserved shots at Chip, but even he made him look formidable at times.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Typical responses. Here it is, folks. We DID have 3 QBs in preseason and TC, one got hurt. The other one flunked preseason while the other passed. This is what happens fellas, and it happens to nearly every team in the league. What exactly is the criticism here? That we didn't have 12 QBs on the roster ready to backup Romo/Dak? I mean, come on.

This is beyond silly. I'm just going to assume some of you are often bored and enjoy the drama.
You sure seem to let this message board get to you.