Cowboys to sign Sanchez

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Like who?

It's easy to just say that..give us some names.

At this point, there probably isn't much better out there. Then again, I don't remember anyone laying out ground rules that included Dallas having to wait until all the better prospects were off the market.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Broncos sign Mark Sanchez to be their starter: "He can do just fine as long as he's only asked to drive the bus. Solid veteran leader".

Cowboys sign Mark Sanchez to be their backup: "Cowboys are idiots! They signed the Butt Fumbler! Ha ha ha ha ha!!!"

I think that about covers it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
At this point, there probably isn't much better out there. Then again, I don't remember anyone laying out ground rules that included Dallas having to wait until all the better prospects were off the market.

Then who were these better prospects before?

Sanchez went 5-4 in 2014 when he took over, nearly beat us a second time too. That's about what you'd expect from a capable backup, not going to win you every game, he'll win you some in hopes of keeping you in contention when your franchise QB returns.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Best you could do right now.

I would start him.

I start Dak, let Sanchez learn the Playbook. If Dak falls put Sanchez in until Romo gets back. I don't see Dak giving the job to Sanchez but hey u never know, it's only been pre-season

Bizwah

Reaction score
Romo is our past/present. He is our best chance at a Super Bowl. Dak is the future.

Sanchez is in case of emergency. Nothing more.

haleyrules

Reaction score
If Mark becomes a Cowboy..l would welcome him as an experienced QB...but GD...The buttfumbler in Dallas...is that really necessary. It kinka hurts.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Then who were these better prospects before?

Sanchez went 5-4 in 2014 when he took over, nearly beat us a second time too. That's about what you'd expect from a capable backup, not going to win you every game, he'll win you some in hopes of keeping you in contention when your franchise QB returns.

Is Mark Sanchez the best possible backup the team could have acquired this offseason?

haleyrules

Reaction score
I start Dak, let Sanchez learn the Playbook. If Dak falls put Sanchez in until Romo gets back. I don't see Dak giving the job to Sanchez but hey u never know, it's only been pre-season
Thats about it. Its a little disappointing...but what to heck. Mark is not a bum.8

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
If Mark becomes a Cowboy..l would welcome him as an experienced QB...but GD...The buttfumbler in Dallas...is that really necessary. It kinka hurts.

Sanchez is a nice choice as a veteran backup. Dak is the guy until Romo gets back. Sanchez is here on a relatively cheap one year deal and didn't cost a draft pick to acquire. Overall this is a nice move given the situation Dallas is in.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Is Mark Sanchez the best possible backup the team could have acquired this offseason?

No, he's not, because the Cowboys didn't want to pay $21 million for Chase Daniel; who's still a backup in Philly even after the Sam Bradford trade.

But remember, Sanchez was signed by Denver to start! He's a better option for Dallas than a guy that's never taken a snap, like Aaron Murray.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Sure. Understood. Mark can play also. He is not the bum he has been made out to be. It still hurts a bit.

rkell87

Reaction score
He has the skill set, our line might offer him the time he needs to show the first round talent people saw in college. Here's hoping he helps the team and simultaneously isn't needed.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/quarterback/

Which is better than Sanchez? Osweiler and RG3 are considered starters. Daniels I don't think even started a game before. Ryan Fitzpatrick was attached to Jets even as a FA, he was always going to return there. Best chance at starting and best chance at winning.

The only one on that list I'd consider a better trade/signing would be Foles.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
He's won recently in the NFL. That's more than you can say for Weeden or Cassell.