Cowboys to sign Sanchez

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Didn't Weeden win 2 road games weeks 15 and 16 last year?

When Cassel was forced into starter duty as an Eagle, he went 4-4, and his overall record is close to .500. Weeden is nowhere close to that. And it's been a while since Cassell was playing .500 ball.

Sanchez is exactly what you expect from a backup. I mean, if you were to rank back up quarterbacks in the NFL, I imagine Sanchez would be on the top half of the list.

plasticman

Reaction score
Jim Plunkett

Trent Dilfer

Doug Williams

These quarterbacks were drafted in the 1st round, overall, 1st, 2nd, and 17th overall.

All three came in with high hopes.and.disappointed their original teams, poor teams that made it difficult to acheive success.

All three ended their careers in better teams teams that didnt expect them to be the saviour, teams that allowed them to be managers who put the ball in the hands of the playmakers.

All three of them were the starting QB's on Super Bowl champions.

Mark Sanchez's career is not over. He wont set the world on fire. However, at one time he had elite abilities. Something still remains. Combine that with experience and the knowledge that he still has one chance left to end his career in a way that fans will respect.

One string of late season games can reverse the perception of a 10 year career.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I think it is a great signing. As insurance in case Dak gets hurt? Hell yeah... Sign him up.

I don't know what some fans want or expect as a second/third string QB.

CWR

Reaction score
Why would anyone complain about this? Hes a third string QB. I hoped Showers would do more given the opportunity but he didnt and he does not apear to be ready. Do we not need a back up to Dak?

Phoenix

Reaction score
I'm sure it's already been said, and I am in no way going to read through this thread, but....

CHAMPIONSHIP!

:facepalm:

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
Why would anyone complain about this? Hes a third string QB. I hoped Showers would do more given the opportunity but he didnt and he does not apear to be ready. Do we not need a back up to Dak?
exactly, there is literally no downside to this signing given what he's going to get paid to be the 3rd string QB

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Sanchez?!

guy_screaming.gif

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The more I think about this, the more I like it. I "think" Sanchez is more than capable of driving this offensive bus just in case Dak gets shell-shocked. He is a good insurance policy if Dak starts out 0-2 or 0-3 and not looking good.

There isn't anyone else out there with a lot of game experience and I wanted no part of Vick.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I'm sure it's already been said, and I am in no way going to read through this thread, but....

CHAMPIONSHIP!

:facepalm:

I don't like it either, but this QB has been closer to a championship than Romo, arguably with lesser talent around him.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
The more I think about this, the more I like it. I "think" Sanchez is more than capable of driving this offensive bus just in case Dak gets shell-shocked. He is a good insurance policy if Dak starts out 0-2 or 0-3 and not looking good.

There isn't anyone else out there with a lot of game experience and I wanted no part of Vick.

The point is to "not get to that point" We have played that game and it never works out. If Dak cant do it, the season is lost. The problem is we are paying that much for a guy to not be able to even do that, nor need to. Romo isnt going to magically get younger and be able to take the hits. If Dak cant do it a QB like Sanchez wont be able to do it either because we dont have the team to compensate for him to do it. SO why pay Sanchez to do something a cheaper guy can do? Just because we like handing out fre money than complain about it?

Bigdog

Reaction score
T
I think it is a great signing. As insurance in case Dak gets hurt? Hell yeah... Sign him up.

I don't know what some fans want or expect as a second/third string QB.
They want a Super Bowl winning qb that can lead them to the promise land again.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Boy it sucks being a Cowboy fan on these trash talking groups on Facebook right now :laugh:

also seemed like we wanted to take the heat off the Vikings, when the Vikings have another bad day, we just need to try and top them.