Cowboys to sign Sanchez

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Whatever. I ain't new to this.

Huh?

I'm just saying I don't think there really are any better backups out there. I understand the perspective on Sanchez, but he's got experience and he's fine driving the bus for a short time. It's not like we are signing him to start half the season for us.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Huh?

I'm just saying I don't think there really are any better backups out there. I understand the perspective on Sanchez, but he's got experience and he's fine driving the bus for a short time. It's not like we are signing him to start half the season for us.
I respect your post.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
haha, i knew Weeden wasn't going to get cut, i didn't check on Cassell though. you want to put the band back together?
No way do I want Cassell, but give me Weeden over Sanchez every chance I get.

coult44

Reaction score
If Dak gets hurt, we're done...like last year.

Dak isn't getting hurt though. We are so used to Romo's bones breaking that we think it's normal. Dak will start hot and never give th job up. The future is now!!!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are people really upset over this? Now?

After spending all offseason not addressing backup QB, if Dak is for real, we're really, really fortunate to be in the position we're in at this position. I have no issue with Sanchez as the vet backup at QB3.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Lol I didn't say any of that. What I said is that he is done. He will not take Days job. Yes I said it. Romo is a geek. Dak is a leader. Let me know where to put the money.

I've seen some foolish assumptions leapt to - your's ranks right up there.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
You don't sign a backup to do nothing. You sign him in case you need him.

Really, it's like talking to children . . . :facepalm:

lol, what are you under the impression hes going to do? Win games like Cassel and Weeden? Did we not hav to pay them because they did nothing? no, you have to pay regardless of what they do, and if you are expecting anything of Sanchez, i am curious to what that is? I expect Sanchez to be Sanchez, what are you expecting and what makes you think Sanchez will succeed where others fail?

Man its like talking to peopel who expect things out of people who prove they cant do it

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
So Sanchez is the best possible option the team had all year?

Ah, so now we are going back in time, to anticipate losing the 1st and 2nd string QBs.

Well, based on such a prescient outlook, I guess Dallas should've cut Romo, signed Osweiler, drafted Dak #4 and trade back up to the first to get Lynch (offer Seattle an additional #1). Plus, for an experienced backup, meet Cleveland's demands for McCown.

Just carry 4 QBs. This way, no one can complain about "best possible past options."

Then again, maybe throw money at Manning?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Seriously?

Butt fumble boy is who we are going with?

If Dak gets hurt, I would just forfeit at this point and try again next year

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
lol, what are you under the impression hes going to do? Win games like Cassel and Weeden? Did we not hav to pay them because they did nothing? no, you have to pay regardless of what they do, and if you are expecting anything of Sanchez, i am curious to what that is? I expect Sanchez to be Sanchez, what are you expecting and what makes you think Sanchez will succeed where others fail?

Man its like talking to peopel who expect things out of people who prove they cant do it

Sanchez being Sanchez is still an above .500 QB. Tell me how the backup Dallas QBs did last year?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Sanchez being Sanchez is still an above .500 QB. Tell me how the backup Dallas QBs did last year?

as expected because as i stated and you proved, Dallas doesnt take the position serious and this isnt helping either. Especally with everyone agreeing hes gone once Romo comes back, So this is neither a cheap project, nor any help, but he gets paid to warm the bench, YAH for spending money.

TheHerd

Reaction score
When Cassel was forced into starter duty as an Eagle, he went 4-4, and his overall record is close to .500. Weeden is nowhere close to that. And it's been a while since Cassell was playing .500 ball.

Sanchez is exactly what you expect from a backup. I mean, if you were to rank back up quarterbacks in the NFL, I imagine Sanchez would be on the top half of the list.
No disagreement here. I was just responding to the comment that - Sanchez has won recently in this league, while Weeden has not.