Cowboys to sign Sanchez

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
as expected because as i stated and you proved, Dallas doesnt take the position serious and this isnt helping either. Especally with everyone agreeing hes gone once Romo comes back, So this is neither a cheap project, nor any help, but he gets paid to warm the bench, YAH for spending money.

Name.

Someone.

Better.

And please show they've a) willing to be a backup and b) have won in NFL.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Ro McClain

Insert Hitchens. Fact that we don't have Velcro on skates playing NT mitigates the need for the thumping MIKE. Gachkar and Nzeocha have talent too. Wilson can play SAM. If Lee goes down then sure but that is not the case.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
And then with a 4th round selection the Joneses drafted Prescott. Then Garrett coached him. Who is to say they could not have done the same with Lynch or that someone else could do the same with Dak? No one thought Dak would be as he is either.

The point here is that you are unwilling to give credit where credit is due and are determined to be upset.

Luck brought Dak to Dallas, and both he and the coaching staff have done well thus far. Happy?

My original point was simply to say that the resistance the fan base is putting forth on the Sanchez signing has more to do with a lack of confidence in the front office than bashing Sanchez. There are those that have lost or are losing faith in the leadership and direction of the franchise. The fact that we inadequately addressed a glaring issue (backup QB) after watching what happened last year is mind-boggling.

Their "solution" was to ultimately spend a 4th round pick on a QB. Can you imagine what it would be like if we were looking at starting Kellen Moore for 8 weeks? Don't forget-- the only reason we got to see so much of Dak is b/c Kellen broke his leg.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Name.

Someone.

Better.

And please show they've a) willing to be a backup and b) have won in NFL.

again, i dont need anyone better, i dont need to pay Sanchez to ride the bench to be sanchez, its a waste of money and a spot, take a project, take someone who is a zombie. They are both not going to do anything. IF Dak loses 3 or 4, its over anyway. So its not like Sanchez is going to save our season. So its not justified paying him

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Insert Hitchens. Fact that we don't have Velcro on skates playing NT mitigates the need for the thumping MIKE. Gachkar and Nzeocha have talent too. Wilson can play SAM. If Lee goes down then sure but that is not the case.

The plan was to start Ro. Counting on a guy you can't count on... Hitchens is an average LBer, nothing more. Don't overstate his talent level.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Luck brought Dak to Dallas, and both he and the coaching staff have done well thus far. Happy?

My original point was simply to say that the resistance the fan base is putting forth on the Sanchez signing has more to do with a lack of confidence in the front office than bashing Sanchez. There are those that have lost or are losing faith in the leadership and direction of the franchise. The fact that we inadequately addressed a glaring issue (backup QB) after watching what happened last year is mind-boggling.

Their "solution" was to ultimately spend a 4th round pick on a QB. Can you imagine what it would be like if we were looking at starting Kellen Moore for 8 weeks? Don't forget-- the only reason we got to see so much of Dak is b/c Kellen broke his leg.

I don't believe in luck. The QB they selected to be their backup worked out. The font office picked him. The coaches coached him. I guess Seattle 'lucked' into Wilson using your interpretation. It's just mental gymnastics to not give credit where credit is due.

I understand completely that you are biased against any move the front office makes. I fail to see how that is an argument for your position. It just shows you are not objective.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The plan was to start Ro. Counting on a guy you can't count on... Hitchens is an average LBer, nothing more. Don't overstate his talent level.

Ro was inconsistent and averaged out to average through the peaks and valleys. Don't overstate his contribution.

Hitchens played well at MIKE when given the chance in the past. Durant, Nzeocha, Gachkar and Wilson is good depth. I remember the days of Laurence and Sims. That was a problem.

I'm willing to wait and see as opposed to predicting defeat.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I don't believe in luck. The QB they selected to be their backup worked out. The font office picked him. The coaches coached him. I guess Seattle 'lucked' into Wilson using your interpretation. It's just mental gymnastics to not give credit where credit is due.

I understand completely that you are biased against any move the front office makes. I fail to see how that is an argument for your position. It just shows you are not objective.

They "lucked" into him b/c they originally tried to trade TWICE for different QBs. Did Seattle do that with Wilson? If not-- then you are comparing apples to oranges. I already gave Dak and the coaches credit for doing well thus far.

If anyone isn't being objective it's you...being overly-sensitive to some well deserved criticism towards a front office that has made some strategic errors. Try not to take it personal when grown ups express an opinion different than yours.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Ro was inconsistent and averaged out to average through the peaks and valleys. Don't overstate his contribution.

Hitchens played well at MIKE when given the chance in the past. Durant, Nzeocha, Gachkar and Wilson is good depth. I remember the days of Laurence and Sims. That was a problem.

I'm willing to wait and see as opposed to predicting defeat.

I'm not defending Ro-- simply restating what this Front Office's plan was this offseason. THEY were counting on him-- not me. I have not said one thing about his performance on the field.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Cowboys after the draft: "People sleeping on the Cowboys, we are gonna be good this year!"

Cowboys in September: "We officially signed Sanchez"

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
They "lucked" into him b/c they originally tried to trade TWICE for different QBs. Did Seattle do that with Wilson? If not-- then you are comparing apples to oranges. I already gave Dak and the coaches credit for doing well thus far.

If anyone isn't being objective it's you...being overly-sensitive to some well deserved criticism towards a front office that has made some strategic errors. Try not to take it personal when grown ups express an opinion different than yours.

Why are you sure they wouldn't have picked Dak too? They picked DJ after selecting Zeke and QB was a bigger need.

You aren't criticizing anything specifically; it's more a generalized whine. I can hammer Jones for plenty of stuff. I am just not going to accept your revisionist history to take credit way for their drafting and developing Dak.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I'm not defending Ro-- simply restating what this Front Office's plan was this offseason. THEY were counting on him-- not me. I have not said one thing about his performance on the field.

They counted on him so much they drafted yet another LB like they have done for the past 4 years. They counted on him so much that they gave him a 1 year conditional deal.

They wanted him to play MIKE for them sure. When he is on he is a good player but to act like they were unaware of the risk and were caught with their pants down is just delusional.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
If the Cowboys would have signed Sanchez for $2.5 before the preseason games I wouldn't have been mad. Seems a tad steep now, but at this point we just need someone the man the position.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Cowboys after the draft: "People sleeping on the Cowboys, we are gonna be good this year!"

Cowboys in September: "We officially signed Sanchez"

It's more like "THANK GOODNESS FOR DAK PRESCOTT!"

Sanchez is just the filler now that our starter and Kellen Moore got injured and Showers went down the drain. Personally I don't know that they could have done much better and am satisfied with the move is about the extent of it. I hope Dak stays healthy.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Why are you sure they wouldn't have picked Dak too? They picked DJ after selecting Zeke and QB was a bigger need.

You aren't criticizing anything specifically; it's more a generalized whine. I can hammer Jones for plenty of stuff. I am just not going to accept your revisionist history to take credit way for their drafting and developing Dak.

All I am looking at is the facts of what has and what has not occurred.

Let's review shall we?

-- They chose to sign Greg Hardy.
-- They chose to draft Gregory.
-- They chose to sign Ro.
-- They chose NOT to sign a FA backup QB (until signing Sanchez in desperation)

The biggest problems last year were at backup QB and a lack of a pass rush. Do you honestly think the front office deserves credit for handling those problem areas this offseason? If so-- you need to remove the homer glasses for a moment.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
They counted on him so much they drafted yet another LB like they have done for the past 4 years. They counted on him so much that they gave him a 1 year conditional deal.

They wanted him to play MIKE for them sure. When he is on he is a good player but to act like they were unaware of the risk and were caught with their pants down is just delusional.

Newsflash: They HAVE been caught with their pants down. The starting depth at DE is laughable. It will get better when D Law gets back-- but that still doesn't get us past what we had last year at that position anyway. Not only did they not upgrade the position-- they got worse talent-wise when Hardy crapped out.

They hedged their bet by drafting a LBer that won't even see the field this year. Brilliant. C'mon man...they were counting on Ro starting and it was a gamble that didn't pay off. We'll have to wait and see if their gamble (see a trend here?!) on Jaylon pays off.

Going to bed now...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
All I am looking at is the facts of what has and what has not occurred.

Let's review shall we?

-- They chose to sign Greg Hardy.
-- They chose to draft Gregory.
-- They chose to sign Ro.
-- They chose NOT to sign a FA backup QB (until signing Sanchez in desperation)

The biggest problems last year were at backup QB and a lack of a pass rush. Do you honestly think the front office deserves credit for handling those problem areas this offseason? If so-- you need to remove the homer glasses for a moment.

This started as a discussion about the LB position. It has now morphed into your angst about the front office. If you want to complain about the Joneses have at it. It's a fool's errand and I am not going to defend them Jerry in particular.

Dak is the backup QB and he is starting because Romo broke his back. Sanchez is a third quarterback given that. Fact is they drafted their backup QB and it worked out. You can try and revise it and characterize it but it still is what it is.