Cowboys to sign Sanchez

Kaiser

Reaction score
If you think completing 46% of his passes with three turnovers in preseason is showing enough to backup Dak then your standards must be incredibly low.

Its hard to take preseason stats at face value when the guy is playing entirely with 3rd stringers that didn't make the team.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
is Mark worth the price tag for 8 games, no

It is not much $ for a vet, you are not paying it, so not sure what the problem is. If Dak goes down and we have a winning record, will be worth it rather than give up and call it a season.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I didn't go through all pages... Is he Dirty?

y7Z0L.jpg

ShiningStar

Reaction score
It is not much $ for a vet, you are not paying it, so not sure what the problem is. If Dak goes down and we have a winning record, will be worth it rather than give up and call it a season.

yes it is, because people complain about dead money and it stops us from getting other pieces we need. So again, is Mark worth his price tag. Heres something for anyone, since they do the reverse, ill ask you, if mark goes undefeated do you tell Romo to sit?

Again, is Mark worth his price tag for 8 games, no. Thats it. Simple.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Its hard to take preseason stats at face value when the guy is playing entirely with 3rd stringers that didn't make the team.

He played with third stringers because that's all he earned the right to play with in training camp. If you play like a scrub you get stuck with scrubs. Romo played with backups and third stringers when he first came to the Cowboys and performed which is why he got opportunities with better players. Dak performed great with the starters and the backups. Regardless what players were on the field Dak performed at a very high level.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
yes it is, because people complain about dead money and it stops us from getting other pieces we need. So again, is Mark worth his price tag. Heres something for anyone, since they do the reverse, ill ask you, if mark goes undefeated do you tell Romo to sit?

where are you getting 8 games from?

Kaiser

Reaction score
Regardless what players were on the field Dak performed great.

And Dak would have the same stats with the 3rd stringers as he did with the first string? Seriously?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Sanchez is here for the season no matter the number of games he plays. With a rookie starter, brittle IR Romo and a terrible Showers, he is a much needed vet back-up. 2.5 million is nothing and that small amount would not stop the team from signing someone else on the defense to help.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Yes, lets review. It isn't homer glasses to see your list as cherry picking every gamble that didn't work out. And like others have said here, the team didn't spend the extra money on a backup last year and now that they have, you call it "desperation". But if they hadn't, you would be screaming that we have no veteran backup (at 3rd string).

Yes, they signed Hardy. He was gamble on an All Pro talent at a critical position that only cost money to gamble on, and only one year money at that. We paid him about what the Commanders payed Jason Hatcher.

Yes, they drafted Randy Gregory. They got a top ten talent at the end of the second round and haven't gotten anything out of him, but the story isn't over yet.

They chose to sign Rolondo - right after Sean Lee had a fluke, season ending injury. And for that season, he performed very well for a minimal salary. That was a big win for 2014. They draft Hitchens after that and likely have a top five talent in Jaylon Smith taking his place.

They also drafted Dez Bryant. And Dak Prescott. And DeMarco Murray. And Travis Frederick. And Nick Martin. And Tyron Smith. And Orlando Scandrick. And got La'el Collins for free. But if anyone mentions that you will call it "Homer Glasses".

I hope we did not draft Nick Martin, Zack may be upset with that...just playing my friend!

Kaiser

Reaction score

If Sanchez is only here for 8 games, his salary will only be 500K over the minimum unless he starts and is earning incentives. Also I don't have the current numbers but I believe @bkight13 said we were 8 million under the cap before this weekend.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And Dak would have the same stats with the 3rd stringers as he did with the first string? Seriously?

Maybe not as perfect as he's been but I bet he would have looked a hell of a lot better than Showers who's a very inaccurate passer. Saw him miss several open receivers. The guy is not an NFL caliber QB.

Reaction score
indifferent on this...if Sanchez is called upon to fill in, would be an ugly state of affairs anyways.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Cowboys to sign Sanchez--Now I'm sure Dallas wins the Super Bowl this Year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I hope you know I was being sarcastic. I think it was a good pick up by the Cowboys. Sanchez has experience and did well with the Jets when they had a good running game with a good OL. Both of that the Cowboys have.
I am extremely fluent in sarcasm (as most here probably know) and my sarcasm meter almost never fails me... it did here. My bad.

I'm getting that thing checked out.

Big D

Reaction score
You can't be serious? There's NO WAY Showers will be #2 behind Dak if the Cowboys sign Sanchez. Lol If Sanchez is added it's to be the #2. If you think completing 46% of his passes with three turnovers in preseason is showing enough to backup Dak then your standards must be incredibly low.

I guess we'll have to wait for game day depth chart to find that out. To be honest I think we'd survive with YOU at the #2 spot at this point because I don't think that Dak is coming off the field that easily.

Deep_South

Reaction score
It seems pretty clear that Sanchez will be #2 as soon as he is familiar enough with the playbook to drive the bus. We'll know when that time comes because the overlap will end and Showers will go to the Practice Squad, IMO. When Romo comes back, I think Dak or Sanchez will be #2, depending on how well they have performed up to that time. Even then, I would expect them all three to remain on the game day roster until Tony has shown he's healthy enough to take the hits on a regular basis.