Cowboys to sign Sanchez

Big D

Reaction score
Did you not see the 4th preseason game? Showers displayed worst than Weeden or Cassell.

We've yet to see showers play with a full cast so I don't put too much stock on what he did with a team full of soon to be cuts and again, I lean towards believing that Prescott can remain upright until Romo gets back. If we get to the point where Showers has to play then so be it the season is gone anyway. Sanchez will not save our season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We've yet to see showers play with a full cast so I don't put too much stock on what he did with a team full of soon to be cuts and again, I lean towards believing that Prescott can remain upright until Romo gets back. If we get to the point where Showers has to play then so be it the season is gone anyway. Sanchez will not save our season.

We'll never get to see Showers play with a full cast because he never performed well enough in camp to earn the opportunity to play with a full cast. A player is slotted based on how they perform in practice.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
It is the actual player. You are arguing for a concept.

Sanchez is a turover waiting to happen each and every time his hands surround the football. That is an established fact.

Call me crazy but that does not exactly spell "great move".

yea, any plan that involves counting on Mark Sanchez is doomed to fail. look no further than 2014, Sanchez looked pretty good in Chip Kelly's QB friendly offense, carved us up on Thanksgiving as well. Then, the law of averages kicks in. He plays poorly vs Seattle, but that is Seattle, so it's understandable. Has a 0 TD 2 int game vs us, but hey everyone gets a crap game here and there. But then there was the complete and utter failure vs Washington. First half fumble and an int with the score tied late in the 4th (led to gw FG).

ShiningStar

Reaction score
No offense, but I couldn't understand one thing you wrote.

non taken. i do that .

Basically, The cowboys havent solved the back up qb problem since the days of Garrett. Ok, this time they would have, BUT they again hedged the bet on Romos health. A very bad gamble. Dallas should have kept showers and ran with him or just signed a cheap back up. If Dak goes down anyway no QB we bring is ready, (see Orton) Dallas just never takes care of this problem. They liken it to starting Witten, there is no medal or stat that helps them win for starting Witten but they love to do it anyway. They dont win anything by letting Romo play ever snap and never use a back up, but they still keep doing the same mistake over and over and over. Just something they like to do. No matter who we sign wont be ready anyway because Dallas never lets them play enough.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I'm glad we play in this division. Philly is starting a rookie driver new to the road. Washington is starting a bus driver. The Giants QB needs a designated driver.

Gabe

Reaction score
where are all these new people coming and why do they all hate romo.

When romo is healthy he is the starter. Push him down the depth chart? What?

Seeing that Sanchez has had more success in the playoffs than Romo, and can actually finish games... It is a VERY safe assumption. Dak needs a reliable backup. Again, good pickup for Dallas.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score

We were imprisoned on a far away island. They finally decided to let us back into society. :popcorn:

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I'm glad we play in this division. Philly is starting a rookie driver new to the road. Washington is starting a bus driver. The Giants QB needs a designated driver.

and we are gambling, its a good gamble, but its still a gamble.