Signed by Cowboys Cowboys trade for Michael Bennett

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
ehh, Pats castoffs......
That is my biggest reservation.

When Belichick gives up on a veteran acquisition, you usually don't hear much from them thereafter.

I also am very curious to what his issue was with Bielema. If it was about playing time, I don't see how that is going to improve with Dallas if Lawrence and Quinn are good to go and he is a spare.

dfense

Reaction score
I really dislike Bennett and a person and player, and his tiny pads annoyed me more than they should have. Will be interesting to see how I feel with him on this team.
Probably like that jerk fat neighbor you grew up hating moves in and starts dating your mom.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I think Michael Bennett is washed...has been for years now. But hey, maybe in a platoon he can be good in spots.
He can. He has some veteran savvy to him.

That is one plus. It does show we can actually recognize that it does always have to be about youth, youth, youth.

superonyx

Reaction score
Didn't the Bennett brothers rip Jerry Jones in an interview at one point? Or at least pick on him for being so rich he collects spoons or something.

He has a mixed personality. Some good sides to him but then he has that uncontrollable mouth problem where he says rude stuff and thinks its ok because he is "keeping it real".

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score

When Belichick gives up on a veteran acquisition, you usually don't hear much from them thereafter.

I also am very curious to what his issue was with Bielema. If it was about playing time, I don't see how that is going to improve with Dallas if Lawrence and Quinn are good to go and he is a spare.

I haven't found exactly what it was that he was unhappy about, however..it seems that New England doesn't have to give up their 5th, they got a 7th from Philly and the 6th/7th from Dallas.

They unload someone who wasn't quite a fit and was unhappy, then get a few picks from it.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I’m sure Martellus is happy for him.
We traded for an old DE that Seattle, and New England did not want, who is the brother of an ex Cowboy that hates both Garrett and Witten, and he got into it with the DL coach in New England and Seattle now dealing with the star of Grumpy Old Men in Dallas.

This gets more comical everyday. But for what it worth, he played DT in Tampa Bennett's best season as a Buccaneer came in 2012 when he recorded career-highs in tackles (41), sacks (9), and forced fumbles (3). He does perform averaging 8 sacks per year since 2012. However he plays aggressively and sometimes illegally. But he is a Texan and it will be interesting to see what he says about Jason Garrett.

I still want Leonard Williams as he is a long term talented solution to DT.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
ehh, Pats castoffs......

Exactly. This guy is a total moron. Plus he is near the end. I don’t see how he will help much. A 7th rounder is nothing so I guess it’s worth a flyer but I don’t see how he helps.

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score

The Hammer

Whyjerry

Reaction score
We traded for an old DE that Seattle, and New England did not want, who is the brother of an ex Cowboy that hates both Garrett and Witten, and he got into it with the DL coach in New England and Seattle now dealing with the star of Grumpy Old Men in Dallas.

This gets more comical everyday. But for what it worth, he played DT in Tampa Bennett's best season as a Buccaneer came in 2012 when he recorded career-highs in tackles (41), sacks (9), and forced fumbles (3). He does perform averaging 8 sacks per year since 2012. However he plays aggressively and sometimes illegally. But he is a Texan and it will be interesting to see what he says about Jason Garrett.

100 pct correct. This guy is a major jerk.