Twitter: Cowboys tried to trade for Von Miller

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Read it somewhere that no other teams were really interested and never got near making a serious offer. Can't find the exact article.
Ok, had not heard that. I heard BUF was in it and now have heard that DAL was.

But I would imagine DEN played it cagey with LA to keep him away from AZ, GB or DAL.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
When Tank comes back, we're going to need him to play at Randy Gregory level. It would be the difference in beating teams like the Bucs and Cards. Similar to our DE Ware teaming up with Von Miller in Denver got by the Patriots on their way to winning super bowl 50 I believe. Miller ended up winning MVP, but Ware was a big part of that success. You can't double team everyone.

Von is so much better than Tank, it is almost laughable.

Gregory and Miller would have been Armageddon for opposing QBs.

And then imagine Parsons and Odiggy rocketing down the middle.

Diggs would be catching wounded ducks all game long.

ONE player can take a defense from very good to unstoppable.

Cowboys fans who watched in the 90's have first hand knowledge of this.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
damn what could’ve been. can you imagine this place if the news broke? whew

Jimmy took Jerry's nuts with him when he left.

Either that or Stevie has too much say in areas he has no clue about.

As in building great teams, has no experience or talent in taking risks to turn SB contenders into SB champions.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
The Rams were a better team than the Cowboys before that trade. Trading for Miller for the Cowboys does not even that up.

While I do think the Cowboys are contenders, I still do not think this is their year and they are not one vet LB away from that.

Could not disagree more.

Gotta say it man, what is up with that loser mentality?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think they care, the owner, HC and city do not have a SB ring and they want to give them one in a home game as TB did last season.

I still think it was a mistake to give LA a team, let alone two, but winning a ring after opening that stadium makes one hell of a statement.

I have a bud that's a diehard Eagles fan and I made fun when they pulled that "Dream Team" fiasco but his response was "at least my owner tried".

The fans of the Rams know what they've done with Ramsey, Stafford, Michel and now Miller to bring it home. If they fail at least they pulled out all the stops and went all in.

I was referring to the Cowboys needing their draft picks.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
I'd have really liked to have had Miller, but that's a rich deal to get him.

Glad the Cowboys were in the negotiation.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Ok, had not heard that. I heard BUF was in it and now have heard that DAL was.

But I would imagine DEN played it cagey with LA to keep him away from AZ, GB or DAL.

Sounds like we read similar articles. I also heard Buffalo and Dallas showed interested. I was surprised at Buffalo. Didn't think they needed DE/LB help. Same with Dallas. I didn't see where the team would put Miller with Lawrence supposedly coming back. Who would Miller take snaps from? From Gregory and Lawrence and Golston and Armstrong and Basham? Didn't make sense to me.

Jipper

Reaction score
Cowboys probably offer a 3rd or 4th. We get his services this year then let him walk next year. And get the 3rd back as a comp the year after. But man having Von wouldve been sweet.

Having von Miller 3 years ago would have been sweeter....guy is still a good player but hasn't had double digit sacks since 2018. Again still a good player but no where worth what they paid for a half season rental

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
If Von Miller is the player that helped us win a Super Bowl this year, it would not be poor decision making. It would be great decision making!

Haven’t you noticed we are one of the best teams in the NFL right now. Are defense is getting better every game.

Like the Rams we should be ALL in this year. I think we can win the Super Bowl without Miller, but if we had Miller and Gregory on passing downs, and Lawrence playing on running downs this D couple be dominant. It’s all about the pass rush in the playoffs.

Why would any fan be looking to next year when this team has sooooo much potential this year?

Next season is not guaranteed.

You take advantage of the doors open in front of you RIGHT NOW.

Bird in the hand ...

conner01

Reaction score
Not if that gets them what they want. Kronke wants a ring and is willing to do anything he can to get it.

The risk they run is having an all star cast in their Hollywood production and bombing out in the first round.
It’s taking a shot but the rams have done this before
Sometimes I think they have the whole drafting thing
If it works then it’s worth it
But they have a talented defense already
I just think the risk vs the chances one player takes you over the top are very high
That’s two picks that could be starters at cheap salaries for a few years vs 10 games of a single player

Proof

Reaction score
Von is so much better than Tank, it is almost laughable.

Gregory and Miller would have been Armageddon for opposing QBs.

And then imagine Parsons and Odiggy rocketing down the middle.

Diggs would be catching wounded ducks all game long.

ONE player can take a defense from very good to unstoppable.

Cowboys fans who watched in the 90's have first hand knowledge of this.

i think tank may really provide a spark. him opposite gregory is going to be problematic for teams, and silver lining we have a von miller esque guy in house already in micah. so he just may be the difference maker when the time comes to really get after qbs in crunch time

lostar2009

Reaction score
Having von Miller 3 years ago would have been sweeter....guy is still a good player but hasn't had double digit sacks since 2018. Again still a good player but no where worth what they paid for a half season rental

He always wanted to play for the boys. He might come in next year on the cheap since he already made all his money.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Message to Jerry:

There is no try.

Either do, or do not.

Aulac

Reaction score
Cowboys have the best roster, but the Rams are the best team. After what McVay did with Goff, he honestly might be the best coach in the entire NFL. As of right now, I think Stafford and Rodgers are the two best QB. We have more talent but I don't trust Dak or MM when the pressure mount up later on.

kevm3

Reaction score
Next season is not guaranteed.

You take advantage of the doors open in front of you RIGHT NOW.

Bird in the hand ...

Exactly. We can sit around and try to save all the draft picks, but if Moore and Quinn leave as well as the departure of several key players, this could very well be an 8 and 8 team next year and we just lost out on a superbowl being complacent. You don't necessarily go crazy like the rams and give away all draft picks, but then again if they win, it'd have been worth it for them.

Reactions: BAT

plasticman

Reaction score
A game of Trade Chicken.

You up the bid trying to sound excited that you might get him but secretly hoping you are outbid. This goes on until one side makes their max offer. The goal is to try to get your bidding opponent to pay more than the value of what he is getting.

One small problem....what if he is trying to do the same thing and stops bidding before you do? Now you are stuck.

I think the Rams got stuck.