Twitter: Cowboys tried to trade for Von Miller

rambo2

Reaction score
People have been saying that about the rams for a few years, and they still are doing very well. A few years ago it was like "Dam the Rams are all in this year if they dont make it they are set back for many years to come" but they still keep on rolling.
They haven't won a Super Bowl and have a decent shot at not winning one in the future.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Isn't Von Miller a poor "scheme fit" for a 4-3 defense? I mean that's the reason why the Cowboys drafted Taco instead of TJ Watt. :facepalm:
that was the previous 'regime" ..Thank God. It only took Jerrah and Junya over 10 years to add 2+2 and figure things out lol

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Not if a team is in all out "win now" mode and the Rams certainly are.

The Cowboys are still building the defense and giving up that kind of draft capital is poor decision making.
If Von Miller is the player that helped us win a Super Bowl this year, it would not be poor decision making. It would be great decision making!

Haven’t you noticed we are one of the best teams in the NFL right now. Are defense is getting better every game.

Like the Rams we should be ALL in this year. I think we can win the Super Bowl without Miller, but if we had Miller and Gregory on passing downs, and Lawrence playing on running downs this D couple be dominant. It’s all about the pass rush in the playoffs.

Why would any fan be looking to next year when this team has sooooo much potential this year?

Reactions: BAT

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And they’re going to need those draft picks to restock after the free agents losses after this season.
I don't think they care, the owner, HC and city do not have a SB ring and they want to give them one in a home game as TB did last season.

I still think it was a mistake to give LA a team, let alone two, but winning a ring after opening that stadium makes one hell of a statement.

I have a bud that's a diehard Eagles fan and I made fun when they pulled that "Dream Team" fiasco but his response was "at least my owner tried".

The fans of the Rams know what they've done with Ramsey, Stafford, Michel and now Miller to bring it home. If they fail at least they pulled out all the stops and went all in.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Von Miller is the player that helped us win a Super Bowl this year, it would not be poor decision making. It would be great decision making!

Haven’t you noticed we are one of the best teams in the NFL right now. Are defense is getting better every game.

Like the Rams we should be ALL in this year. I think we can win the Super Bowl without Miller, but if we had Miller and Gregory on passing downs, and Lawrence playing on running downs this D couple be dominant. It’s all about the pass rush in the playoffs.

Why would any fan be looking to next year when this team has sooooo much potential this year?
I just do not think the Cowboys are there yet, I do not see them equal to the Rams or Packers and right alongside the Cardinals and Bucs.

The Rams went after it when they went for Ramsey and Stafford, they are all in on this season. The Cowboys have a chance over the next few seasons, if they handle the talent and cap right.

I do not think Miller is the guy that puts Dallas over the top but add him to Donald and Floyd with that offense, I think they're the favorites for sure now.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A second and third for a 10 game rental is too high
Not if that gets them what they want. Kronke wants a ring and is willing to do anything he can to get it.

The risk they run is having an all star cast in their Hollywood production and bombing out in the first round.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Me too. Too expensive for an older player.
For the Cowboys, I agree but for the Rams, they get him and keep him away from a competitor.

For all they knew, AZ, GB or TB could have been in the mix once DEN decided he was on the block.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I heard no team other than the Rams made a serious offer. I think the other teams were just sniffing around and seeing what the Broncos were looking for.

The Rams were not bidding against anyone and gave up a 2nd and 3rd. Crazy amount to give up for a 32-year-old, injury prone player due to be a FA next year.

willia451

Reaction score
I wouldn't have given up a 2 and a 3. Plus having to pay him next season on top of it?

That's too much. The defense needs every pick we can get. And we also need a LT.

Nope.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I am a player with Miller's agent, I am asking him why this stud did not have a no trade clause and was blindsided as he was. When he did his last contract, he was the D stud in the league and when a player gets to that level, he usually gets to OK trades. Just like Watson could do if they could get anyone to take Mr. Massage.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I heard no team other than the Rams made a serious offer. I think the other teams were just sniffing around and seeing what the Broncos were looking for.

The Rams were not bidding against anyone and gave up a 2nd and 3rd. Crazy amount to give up for a 32-year-old, injury prone player due to be a FA next year.
How do you know they knew they were not bidding against anyone? Or if they were early on the deal and the Broncos said they were going public and fielding offers if they didn't pony up the 2nd and 3rd?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
How do you know they knew they were not bidding against anyone? Or if they were early on the deal and the Broncos said they were going public and fielding offers if they didn't pony up the 2nd and 3rd?

Read it somewhere that no other teams were really interested and never got near making a serious offer. Can't find the exact article.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Yeah a 2nd and a 3rd for a 32 year old for 8 games before he becomes a fa seems awfully steep....even though he is still a very good player

Cowboys probably offer a 3rd or 4th. We get his services this year then let him walk next year. And get the 3rd back as a comp the year after. But man having Von wouldve been sweet.