Twitter: Cowboys tried to trade for Von Miller

ghst187

Reaction score
Believe I red he’s 32….can’t have too many years left and the injuries are piling up.

conner01

Reaction score
Believe I red he’s 32….can’t have too many years left and the injuries are piling up.
Age not really a factor since he’s a FA after the season and the rams won’t likely keep him either
It’s a short term rental
And an expensive one

ghst187

Reaction score
Age not really a factor since he’s a FA after the season and the rams won’t likely keep him either
It’s a short term rental
And an expensive one

yep, he would be a great situational pass rusher which is going to have to be his role soon but his price tag doesn’t reflect that

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Broncos had fun with that one.

Called up all the 1 and 2 loss teams and started the auction. LOL

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
they're not particularly old. they've got a good amount of veterans, but not especially old players. I think they have 3 guys on their roster over 30.
well, I wasn't just talking about this year.

next year, no draft picks of value and they have a lot of their major players 30+

Kupp will be 29
Higbee will be 29
Floyd will be 30
Robert Woods is 30
Donald will be 31
Miller is FA
Stafford will be 34
Whitworth is 39
Jackson is 34

so they are going to be older, if they are not going to win it this year, they have no assets to trade except future picks which will further deplete them. that's why I said, they are putting all eggs in this year's basket....maybe next, but no infusion of new talent, just the same old ones trying again...

Twin928

Reaction score
If this is true ****** I love this team not scared to make a big trade to help out Miller n Gregory would of been scarrryyyyyyy

Proof

Reaction score
well, I wasn't just talking about this year.

next year, no draft picks of value and they have a lot of their major players 30+

Kupp will be 29
Higbee will be 29
Floyd will be 30
Robert Woods is 30
Donald will be 31
Miller is FA
Stafford will be 34
Whitworth is 39
Jackson is 34

so they are going to be older, if they are not going to win it this year, they have no assets to trade except future picks which will further deplete them. that's why I said, they are putting all eggs in this year's basket....maybe next, but no infusion of new talent, just the same old ones trying again...

still not particularly old imo. placing their eggs in this "window" which has pretty much been their mo the past few years.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Sheesh -- a 2nd + a third?! Now I see why so many folks are saying the Rams are selling out for a SB bid. That's a bit cuckoo! :omg:

Aulac

Reaction score
The Rams are well on their way to being a bad team. A few injuries and they will be finished and they have nothing in future drafts. A recipe for disaster.

Not with Les Snead late round drafting ability. They haven't had a first round draft pick since 2016 and they are still contender every year, and this time without Jared Goff. Also they get picks from losing their coaches. If they end up winning, the rest of the league FO would start to copy them.

Baring injuries to the Rams, I don't see us beating them. Dak is not going to survive a Donald, Miller, Floyd, SJD rush.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Especially with the team’s recent draft success. Those picks could flip to something more valuable at this point.

Absolutely! Someone mentioned it could be another Diggs and Odighizuwa.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The Rams next available draft pick is in 2075

lqmac1

Reaction score
I think this shows the lack of maturity w McVay. Reason I say that is because he’ll be a free agent after the season and also, it’s not like there’s only one team in the NFC that can beat them. Cowboys, Packers, Cardinals and Buccaneers are all good enough to do it.

It would’ve made sense for Buffalo, but it’s way too risky to go all in, not only for now, but for the foreseeable future for the Rams who have to get through the NFC.

They already lack depth & this move kills their draft picks for the next few years in addition to the other moves they’ve made. The Rams are going to be a **** show in a couple of years and he’s going to get blasted for it, if they don’t win the Super Bowl.

rambo2

Reaction score
Not with Les Snead late round drafting ability. They haven't had a first round draft pick since 2016 and they are still contender every year, and this time without Jared Goff. Also they get picks from losing their coaches. If they end up winning, the rest of the league FO would start to copy them.

Baring injuries to the Rams, I don't see us beating them. Dak is not going to survive a Donald, Miller, Floyd, SJD rush.
I have a feeling that the Rams are totally screwed. Age, injury, and no draft picks will kill them going forward.

Havic

Reaction score
Rams know this is their window and making the most of it.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Dang, the Rams are all in this year.

They are certainly mortgaging their future trying to win now.
People have been saying that about the rams for a few years, and they still are doing very well. A few years ago it was like "Dam the Rams are all in this year if they dont make it they are set back for many years to come" but they still keep on rolling.