Signed by Cowboys Cowboys UDFA signed thread

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Facts are stubborn. He started LG, and until injured, Connor never got the job back. By all accounts, Su'a-Filo is your starting LG going into 2019.

The McGovern pick suggests the Cowboys aren't excited about that situation.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
From the list I was able to put together. They signed 11 UDFA's. Seen where they expect to sign around 15. To my count they are currently at 89 on the roster.
So they can sign one more, unless they release some players.

But I have yet to see an official list yet. Usually the team website has the drafts picks and the UDFA's signed article or list. But they did not as one 3 hours ago. The team website actually is not all that good.
Wikipedia keeps a more up to date roster.

I think we'll sign a QB for rookie camp and take some ota reps.

_sturt_

Reaction score
The McGovern pick suggests the Cowboys aren't excited about that situation.

Rewinding before the draft, I believe Garrett wanted to see Williams win the job back, but he'd be made to win it back, not given it back.

And I believe they'd be satisfied to let that play out, and still might be, but the La'el Collins situation paired with the ambiguity of Frederick's comeback just made the McGovern pick make too much sense.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
This vid made my day, looks like he is going against Pop Warner league players. Fun stuff to watch, plenty of pancakes and knockdowns. Good for him...

Looks like if you get near him he just shoves you down. I swear I think a few of those guys he was going against just flopped so as not to have to take him on.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Can someone post an updated UDFA list so we don’t have to scroll through 11 pages?

Looks like the latest here...

2019 Cowboys UDFA Tracker

Player
Position School
Daniel Wise DT Kansas
Chris Westry CB Kentucky
Jon'Vea Johnson WR Toledo
Jalen Guyton WR North Texas
Brandon Knight OL Indiana
Ricky Walker DT Virginia Tech
Justin Phillips LB Oklahoma State
Luke Gifford LB Nebraska
Mitch Hyatt OT Clemson
Derrick Puni OL Central Missouri
Andrew Dowell LB Michigan State
Nate Hall LB Northwestern

Gaede

Reaction score
I like this guy. 6'6" 320 lbs. From a very small school no one has ever heard of (Central Missuori Mules? C'mon, yer just making that up) but so was Larry Allen. Looks like a PS project though.

Hold on. Is this guys last name pronounced Puny? As in, very small?

robjay04

Reaction score
Looks like the latest here...

Player
Position School
Daniel Wise DT Kansas
Chris Westry CB Kentucky
Luke Gifford LB Nebraska
Mitch Hyatt OT Clemson

My phone just told me we signed Larry Allen Jr.

:-D

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Facts are stubborn. He started LG, and until injured, Connor never got the job back. By all accounts, Su'a-Filo is your starting LG going into 2019.

Not sure that he is. He was inserted into the starting lineup when Williams got hurt and proved to be a more stout blocker who got into trouble when his technique was off. Then, when he got hurt, Williams re-entered the starting lineup, starting both playoff games there and looking better than he did earlier in the season. Since Williams closed the season as the starter, I think Su'a-Filo likely would have to win the job back.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score

Player
Position School
Daniel Wise DT Kansas
Chris Westry CB Kentucky
Luke Gifford LB Nebraska
Mitch Hyatt OT Clemson
Larry Allen Jr OL Harvard

Updated because it's being reported LA Jr will sign.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Not sure that he is. He was inserted into the starting lineup when Williams got hurt and proved to be a more stout blocker who got into trouble when his technique was off. Then, when he got hurt, Williams re-entered the starting lineup, starting both playoff games there and looking better than he did earlier in the season. Since Williams closed the season as the starter, I think Su'a-Filo likely would have to win the job back.

I suppose we can agree it's a viable question that ultimately will get decided in training camp. But as we sit here in April, I'm slow to discount the last time the two were healthy at the same time, as-if that's not the starting point.