Cowboys "visiting" on signing Dalvin Cook

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This year, Cook has 67 carries for 214 yards. During the prior 4 years (2019-2022), he averaged over 1,100 yds each year. I really don't know much about him, but why the big drop-off? Apparently, he was a healthy scratch a couple times this year.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why wouldn't we try to improve the run game? Then again, McCarthy supposedly didn't know about the Trey Lance trade so Jerry might bring Cook on without even telling him.

_sturt_

Reaction score
My take, fwiw.

McCarthy wants Cook to feel respected, and to the point that he acknowledges the name came up in conversation.

But that's as far as it's went/going.

Broaddus indicated yesterday that his sources are unenthusiastic, and see a different Cook from last season.

And by the way... maybe this is somehow an underappreciated stat...

Cook averaged 1 fumble for every 67 carries in his last four seasons with MIN.

Cook has 2 this season in NYJ... having had 67 carries exactly.

Not good.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This year, Cook has 67 carries for 214 yards. During the prior 4 years (2019-2022), he averaged over 1,100 yds each year. I really don't know much about him, but why the big drop-off? Apparently, he was a healthy scratch a couple times this year.
There's some highlights that show his skills might still be pretty good, but they are highlights and his overall numbers this year are not that good. Maybe a change will be good for him.

I don't know, but I definitely don't mind us trying something for a running game that hasn't been what we'd like for it to be.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He’s averaging under 4 yards a carry and has 2 fumbles. Good luck finding any room to run behind this OL.

darealvelle

Reaction score
My take, fwiw.

McCarthy wants Cook to feel respected, and to the point that he acknowledges the name came up in conversation.

But that's as far as it's went/going.

Broaddus indicated yesterday that his sources are unenthusiastic, and see a different Cook from last season.

And by the way... maybe this is somehow an underappreciated stat...

Cook averaged 1 fumble for every 67 carries in his last four seasons with MIN.

Cook has 2 this season in NYJ... having had 67 carries exactly.

Not good.
1 fumble came against us. Micah ripped it from him.

foofighters

Reaction score
only if you'll go play in traffic, trying to catch your eagle, eagle lover
That's pretty neat. Wishing for someone to get hurt. I basically call you out for being annoying 24/7 but I'd never wish for you to get hurt. Real cool and you're finally showing this forum what the old forum knew about you already.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
We'd be the team to go to if he wants opportunities.
Maybe but he'd be getting the Rico Dowdle workload; which is probably about 20 snaps a game when he's healthy.

If Cook wants to sign with a playoff team he'll need to be smart enough to realize a starting spot won't be available to him.