Cowboys "visiting" on signing Dalvin Cook

silver

Reaction score
My guess is it depends on how Rico Dowdle looks today in practice. Knowing Dowdle's injury history I would bring Cook in but also knowing how cheap the FO can be with veterans I'm not shocked if we pass on him. They probably think Cook isn't much of an upgrade from Dowdle. Dowdle's availability and Pollard's short yardage's futility has them, and all of us concerned.

CWR

Reaction score
Maybe but he'd be getting the Rico Dowdle workload; which is probably about 20 snaps a game when he's healthy.

If Cook wants to sign with a playoff team he'll need to be smart enough to realize a starting spot won't be available to him.
If he can find holes or get yards where Pollard couldn't he may get more opportunities. I don't know if that's actually possible though.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Too late to fire OL coach and fix scheme, getting Cook is really the only thing left to do this year to TRY to fix the run game.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
He was brought in to back up Hall.
That's true, but you'd expect a guy with his pedigree to push him or at least put up better numbers if he still had a lot left in the tank.

For the Cowboys to take a shot at him they'd have to be pretty sure he's better than Dowdle, With Dowdle's injury that may be true but I'm not holding my breath.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Dalvin would make a bigger impact on the Cowboys than the Ravens, but if he is looking for a SB ring then Baltimore is probably the best bet.

popp1234

Reaction score
Kind of reads like "click bait" maybe?

McCarthy's quote that seemed to be the impetus for the article:
"Those are questions you are always visiting with and so forth," Cowboys coach McCarthy said. "Obviously I have a tremendous amount of respect for him, played a number of games against (him) when Dalvin was in Minnesota. I have great respect for him."
Guy: I heard Dalvin Cook was free. Do we sign him?
Guys: Nope
Guy: OK

offlimits

Reaction score
Lmao exactly. Fish is such a friggin hack.

It’ll be something like Dallas will visit the thought of thinking of having Cook in for a visit but nothing imminent and there is no real interest.
He's been a hack for 25 years. I skip everything that has his name attached to it.

kevm3

Reaction score
Not having a backup option for our RB situation would be idiotic especially when Dalvin is there for the taking. Dalvin may not be anywhere near the Dalvin of old, but if one of our guys get injured, are we really going to try to run Deuce out there during the playoffs?

RoboQB

Reaction score
Well, the Jets appeared to be fried. How much can you judge him with who he has been playing with?
Cook was essentially signed as insurance on Breece Hall (sp?).
Hall seems to be fully recovered. The Jets have a top 5 defense and
some play-makers but, unfortunately, no QB. They would be in the same
boat as the Browns if only they'd signed Joe Flacco, who was there last year.

Hey, maybe joining Dallas will be rejuvenating for Cook.
Never against "kicking the tires" if there's something there.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Cook's yds per carry has steadily declined every year since 2020.

This year was abysmal.

The New York JETS looked at him and said "you're not good enough to play for us"

He's just a name now.

Pass.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Cook has been awful this year, couldn't even take a starting role with NY.

Most articles from other suitor teams sportswriters are begging their front offices to pass.
You realize Breece Hall is really good. No one expected Dalvin Cook to beat him out.