Game Day ***Cowboys vs 49ers second half game thread***

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
you could roll all three backup qbs for dallas and they still wouldn't make one

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I'm more intrigued by Showers' talent long term than Vaughan. Vaughan has shown absolutely nothing with better talent.

Showers has earned the right to get reps with better talent, IMO. Would like to see it next week to really see what he's capable of.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think you're mistake if you believe that the majority of teams don't have a QB that they are intrigued by. And out of the ones that don't, some aren't looking to keep 3 QBs.

I'm not mistaken. I understand that some teams have two or three backups they like. But we aren't that removed from a team claiming Alex Tanney.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We have got to get a QB with a pulse in here.

Anyone.. I'd take Matt Schaub right now. Anything.

Jenky

Reaction score
I'm more intrigued by Showers' talent long term than Vaughan. Vaughan has shown absolutely nothing with better talent.

Showers has earned the right to get reps with better talent, IMO. Would like to see it next week to really see what he's capable of.

At the very least, he should be playing with better talent.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I'm not mistaken. I understand that some teams have two or three backups they like. But we aren't that removed from a team claiming Alex Tanney.

He was not claimed off waivers, but was signed in late November. Big difference, if Showers shows more in practice, we always have the option of signing him, but it's very unlikely he's claimed and if he is, it likely will hurt us about the same as it did when Alex Tanney was.

Daillest88

Reaction score
I'd take showers over Vaughn.. He needs reps, just a raw player, but definitely has athletic ability..

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

Funny you use that example, Cleveland had there 3 QBs in Hoyert, Campbell and Weeden but a spot opened up when Hoyert went on IR in early October.

Deep_South

Reaction score
We held the 49ers to 50 yards passing. Our QB's had 155, so they have some serious problems at QB themselves.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Showers has impressed me. Give him some shots with the 2nd stringers and see how he does. I Would love To develop him behind romo

Romo was on the bench for awhile.. Showers is a good prospect, I see why they brought him in.. He did show some flashes tonight

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
A few pages back someone had him being a back up to Romo next year and claimed he looked like a young Wilson.and quite a few have him ahead of Weeden and Vaughn.

Well saying he's ahead of Vaughn and Weeden not saying much lol. And he has some tools. You guys don't have to be afraid to embrace Showers. You don't have to anoint him but the guy deserves a more serious look.

erod

Reaction score
Dallas should trade fit Mettenberger. Backup now, replace Romo later.