Game Day ***Cowboys vs 49ers second half game thread***

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Showers just reminds me of when Romo came in in 2004. You saw something in him. I'm not saying he's the second-coming of Romo, I just think there's something there worth developing.

He sat through 2004 and 2005. But in those preseasons he showed something. It was enough that Jerry made sure to pay Romo when Sean Payton came looking. I think Dallas has a similar thing in Showers.

Just from we've seen, I honesty don't think Showers would clear waivers. I think a team like maybe Houston, Carolina, or maybe even Washington would take a shot at putting him on their PS.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He was not claimed off waivers, but was signed in late November. Big difference, if Showers shows more in practice, we always have the option of signing him, but it's very unlikely he's claimed and if he is, it likely will hurt us about the same as it did when Alex Tanney was.

But my point is if a team was willing to claim Tanney you think no one would want a stronger look at Showers? You put him on PS and someone can steal him from you. He's far away but let's remember Romo wasn't Romi his first year.

KingLerxst

Reaction score
Well saying he's ahead of Vaughn and Weeden not saying much lol. And he has some tools. You guys don't have to be afraid to embrace Showers. You don't have to anoint him but the guy deserves a more serious look.

No problem giving him a serious look. I've given up, never was really sold, on Vaughn. But I wouldn't put Showers ahead of Weeden right now. And I gurantee the coaching staff isn't. He had some good plays tonight. But for the most part. Looked every bit of what I would expect a fourth string UDFA to look like. And certainly nothing close to a young Russell Wilson.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Who would be the idiot? Cowboys or Titans? There's a argument for both.

Titans would be dumb unless we gave up a premium pick...

I don't know but we goofed not getting a guy like Ryan Fitzpatrick or someone.

chris1995

Reaction score
Showers just reminds me of when Romo came in in 2004. You saw something in him. I'm not saying he's the second-coming of Romo, I just think there's something there worth developing.

He sat through 2004 and 2005. But in those preseasons he showed something. It was enough that Jerry made sure to pay Romo when Sean Payton came looking. I think Dallas has a similar thing in Showers.

Just from we've seen, I honesty don't think Showers would clear waivers. I think a team like maybe Houston, Carolina, or maybe even Washington would take a shot at putting him on their PS.

Showers might be the 2nd best QB the Cowboys have !!!!

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The only sure thing that I came away from this game with......................Dill played himself out of the NFL!

Not counting poor QB and ST play :(

To be fair, it is almost impossible to judge anything on offense due to that horrendous line.

Swanny

Reaction score

Where's Nors when you need him? He was the only guy I remember loving Romo before Romo was Romo. If he endorses Showers then I'm behind Showers

lostar2009

Reaction score
The only sure thing that I came away from this game with......................Dill played himself out of the NFL!

Not counting poor QB and ST play :(

To be fair, it is almost impossible to judge anything on offense due to that horrendous line.

They put Dill pickle on a sandwich and ate his !!