Game Day ***Cowboys vs Bucs post game thread***

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
We overrated this team and this coaching staff. Not sure there is a quick fix. We need help in several areas. Romo can't be depended on over a full season anymore. If dallas falls another game back you have to tank and go get your next QB.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I cannot stand looking at Garrett anymore. Has there been anyone as unworthy of his position and provided nothing of value as much this guy to a football team?

Clap some more, smack some butts, take the team to NY and shamelessly use a tragedy to make fancy political speeches, all to cover up the lack of anything you bring to the table.

utrunner07

Reaction score
The intangibles. The little things. The culture.

All those buzzwords that really mean nothing.

He's held on to Romo's cape for years, even when he was a mediocre OC sabotaging Wade Philips.

I hear he comes up with tshirt slogans like a boss

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
poor coaching, poor game plan, poor execution, poor players, poor atmosphere round the whole organization , poor season.

its obvious last season was the exception NOT the rule

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
are you at least leaning towards the dark(correct) side now?? :laugh:

I don't remotely think the issue has been coaching, no. But it's their responsibility to fix it.

I will say that at some point, the losing takes on a life of its own and it doesn't matter if the coaches are doing the right things, or not. If the ship takes on too much water, it doesn't matter. I think we're seeing some signs of that. This week will tell us a lot more about how the coaches are able to handle it, with Dez crapping the bed so badly.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
What does Garrett do for us, exactly?

We a) have no discipline (preventable game-losing plays by players on both sides of the ball) b) have a less talented roster than the year before (he clearly cannot judge talent) c) his 'process' has brought this team 1 winning season in five d) his offense is historically bad (regardless of who is actually calling the plays, and we've had to cycle through three of them in 5 years) e) there's distractions left right and centre (in his lockerroom no less) and f) the myth of the 'Garrett' guy is BS (we signed multiple former offenders this year, one of which had to be fired during the year).

Sorry to say, but things were WAY more stable when Wade was the coach. And I actually enjoyed watching this team play. With Garrett's offense and process, I'd literally rather spend my Sunday's driving all over town to find my wife a pair of used boots

But Landry didn't start out that great either, he's just trying to follow in those footsteps for those who said he was the next Landry.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
This season is now about satiating my morbid curiosity: How many consecutive games can they lose before Garrett is fired?

i think its a possibility. if the team continues to lose
with romo as our qb. garrett may be out of town

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
From 12-4 4o 4-12?

Lose: Panthers, Skins once, Packers, Jets, Bills?

4th or 5th pick in draft??

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Hasn't mattered much, has it?

I have to say, in fairness to Matt, he's gotten better in our system as he's gone along.

I don't know. I look at it like this. Our 7 losses have been the result of either the offense not playing well enough to win or the defense not playing well enough to win. I won't include the Patriots game because they do that to every team. In the 2 games Weeden played (not including the Patriots), the offense played well enough to win and the defense was awful. Sure, the offense fell asleep in the 2nd half against Atlanta, but the defense also got torn to pieces. In the 4 games Cassel played, the offense lost us 2 of those games (Seattle and Tampa).

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I don't remotely think the issue has been coaching, no. But it's their responsibility to fix it.

I will say that at some point, the losing takes on a life of its own and it doesn't matter if the coaches are doing the right things, or not. If the ship takes on too much water, it doesn't matter. I think we're seeing some signs of that. This week will tell us a lot more about how the coaches are able to handle it, with Dez crapping the bed so badly.

Jg is going to handle it no problem. Coach Romo is back next week.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Yeah! They never showed the scramble and if he had passed the LOS right when the hold happened imp. But, it is the correct call if he scrambled behind LOS because he was still in pocket. Thag hold was garbage because Winston wasnt going to throw to him once he past the middle of the field.

I don't even know why Heath did it, knowing he had backup. It was completely unnecessary.