Game Day ***Cowboys vs Bucs post game thread***

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Peyton Manning just got benched unless he has an injury but he's having a horrible day and that's putting it mildly.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Didn't see the game until the very end and I haven't gone thru the thread. What was the reaction to the push off on the INT at the end?

romothesavior

Reaction score
Its hard to find an example of a team losing its #1 receiver and #1 quarterback and their best corner and seeing them have much success.

Everybody knew the Cowboys were going to struggle when Romo went down. Nobody is saying this team should be worldbeaters without him in there. Nobody.

But to go 0-7 with this team and in today's era of parity, even without Romo, is completely inexcusable. They should have taken 2-3 wins easily over the past seven weeks. This team is far more talented than any team Dave Campo ever coached, and we never saw a stretch this bad in his time here. There are multiple teams in the NFL right now who have worse personnel and just as bad (or worse) quarterbacks under center, and they still have found ways to win games. Without Romo, this team could be 0-9 right now. Let that sink in for a minute.

Obviously the coaching staff does not deserve all the blame. Nobody is saying that either. But at some point, when you're the head guy, you deserve to take the heat. The buck supposedly stops with you. You set the tone and you set the gameplan. Without Romo, Garrett has demonstrated what a fraud he is. He's got to go, but unfortunately, he won't.

bark

Reaction score
Didn't see the game until the very end and I haven't gone thru the thread. What was the reaction to the push off on the INT at the end?

That dez is a cry baby was the most prevailant reaction I saw

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Never really liked him or not but I hate to see him break the record and suck it up in the same game.

Would have to check his career stats but this has to be as bad a day as he's ever had. At one point he had almost as many INT's as completions.

sweetness0986

Reaction score
Can't believe they benched Peyton. Terrible game he's having but he could easily turn it around like he's done in the past.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Later in the week people will have sobered up, finished with the emotional outbursts, and will be in a better position to have more reasonable conversations. And I won't be dashing from thread to thread moderating posts.

And Garrett still won't suck and still won't be the actual problem in Dallas. My arguments aren't going to change, so you can just go back to last week's if you want a little preview of what I think. I'm still going to say that nobody who knows anything thinks the problem is with the coaching staff.

Scoreboard doesn't lie bro................you are what your record says you are and Garrett has 1 winning season in his entire head coaching career.

That is not a good head coach, virtually anybody can put up 1 winning season.............And I am going to keep saying that nobody who knows anything thinks actual records don't matter.

RomoFor6

Reaction score
Yep, I watched the game......I just didn't watch it wearing silver coated glasses.......if you want to blame somebody, try the freaking head coach who cant win a game without his starting QB.
Yup I watched the game with blue and silver glasses and blue kool aid to go with it. I'm speaking facts here. If refs make the rights calls we win the game. If you're going to call a hold when we clinch the game then at least make the obvious PI call or don't make any calls at all.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Everybody knew the Cowboys were going to struggle when Romo went down. Nobody is saying this team should be worldbeaters without him in there. Nobody.

But to go 0-7 with this team and in today's era of parity, even without Romo, is completely inexcusable. They should have taken 2-3 wins easily over the past seven weeks. This team is far more talented than any team Dave Campo ever coached, and we never saw a stretch this bad in his time here. There are multiple teams in the NFL right now who have worse personnel and just as bad (or worse) quarterbacks under center, and they still have found ways to win games. Without Romo, this team could be 0-9 right now. Let that sink in for a minute.

Obviously the coaching staff does not deserve all the blame. Nobody is saying that either. But at some point, when you're the head guy, you deserve to take the heat. The buck supposedly stops with you. You set the tone and you set the gameplan. Without Romo, Garrett has demonstrated what a fraud he is. He's got to go, but unfortunately, he won't.

We struggled in first two games with Romo.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Pats always lay down for the giants,they have a mental block against them.