Game Day ***Cowboys vs Cardinals post game thread***

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wonder how Houston did today despite missing their entire projected starting OL?
They came ready to play…..we completely took Arizona too lightly, you could see it coming a mile away because it’s happened too many times before.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brutal schedule. Dak's penchant for turning it over at key situations. Diggs gone.. offnsive line banged up. I was thinking 13- 4 is possible but not now...can anyone convince me differently?
I think we just have to ride this one out and see.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's only 2 players I would exempt from criticism and that would be Pollard and Dowdle, they played hard and I don't blame them for any part of our loss. Other than them, it was a total team loss. Our passing game was pretty much a flop, and the defense has proven to be a paper tiger.
I could've handled a loss and wrote it off as just one of those things, but to get totally manhandled in nearly every respect by the lowliest team in the league was not just one of those days.
IMO the Super Bowl is totally off the menu, and we have a long long ways to go to even contend for the NFCE. Like I said, our defense is now a paper tiger till proven different, and nobody is going to be scared of this offense.
I hope I'm wrong, but the Cowboys are going to have to prove it to me if I am.
It was really nice to see Dowdle on the field with solid yards. I thought we ran Pollard too much.

Reactions: CWR

silvernblu

Reaction score
Defense getting gashed in the run, Dak throwing red zone picks, McCarthy looking at his play sheet like its a menu from In and Out Burger and you guys blame the refs for the loss.

WOW:facepalm:
Huh? You’re an *******.

Asking a question because I’m eating dinner with no sound and wondering what happened.

Show me a single person blaming refs.

Lose your attitude punk.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Y’all is crazy. So this team plays one bad game and y’all are ready to jump off a cliff.

Every “good/great team” goes thru at least one game where they “should” have won the game with no issues but struggled and in some cases, lose the game. I see/hear people say that it wouldn’t have happened to Jimmy’s Cowboys but in both years, the Cowboys did lose to a below .500 team.

Some days just don’t go as planned. You hope to build and learn as the season moves forward.

blueblood70

Reaction score
There's only 2 players I would exempt from criticism and that would be Pollard and Dowdle, they played hard and I don't blame them for any part of our loss. Other than them, it was a total team loss. Our passing game was pretty much a flop, and the defense has proven to be a paper tiger.
I could've handled a loss and wrote it off as just one of those things, but to get totally manhandled in nearly every respect by the lowliest team in the league was not just one of those days.
IMO the Super Bowl is totally off the menu, and we have a long long ways to go to even contend for the NFCE. Like I said, our defense is now a paper tiger till proven different, and nobody is going to be scared of this offense.
I hope I'm wrong, but the Cowboys are going to have to prove it to me if I am.
who cares who's exempt and who's not?? but if you wanna be critical of the p....t with missing 4 pro bowlers 3 up front, what that does is allow a team that can get to your QB. with a 4 man line and muddle up the back end.. it allowed their DBS safeties to play max coverage.... so no time to throw to no open players equal bad passing game.... they were harassed all night and hard to blame play calls or players as they had no time or room top throw..cant get open in 2 secs with so much coverage..then bam pass rush all over Dak..wake up people geez

no what it means is we lost one game and that's it..it mean we played a single bad game missing 4 PB players...this is become much a giant headache they lost a game get over it move on!..

Steve007

Reaction score
Dak did NOT have "plenty of time" because his mostly 2nd string OL did a very poor job of pass protection. He was frequently running for his life. That, plus the defense having missed the flight to Arizona was 2 big reasons for the loss.
There was plenty of blame for the entire team including Dak, but Dak did not have "plenty of time".
He DID have plenty of time. The O_line wasn't the problem in that game. Your making excuses.

phillycard

Reaction score
I'm happy for the win. A rare home win, where the Cowboys fans vastly outnumbered Cardinal fans. Gannon wasn't perfect but he did his thing and outcoached McCarthy. At the end of the day, you guys will be fine. I'm certainly pulling for the Boys to win the east and wish you guys the best of luck the rest of the season.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
He DID have plenty of time. The O_line wasn't the problem in that game. Your making excuses.
That's baloney. If you call that plenty of time and good pass protection, I think that tells me where you're really coming from.
Plus according to you, our 2nd string OL was providing such great pass defense, hey the Cowboys could save a lot of money by getting rid of our 1st string OL and just go with the backups.
And I don't make excuses, I don't need any.

Last edited:

Steve007

Reaction score
That's baloney. If you call that plenty of time and good pass protection, I think that tells me where you're really coming from.
Plus according to you, our 2nd string OL was providing such great pass defense, hey the Cowboys could save a lot of money by getting rid of our 1st string OL and just go with the backups.
And I don't make excuses, I don't need any.
The only ones blaming the O-Line for the loss is blind fans. The O-Line was the least of their worries for that game. The cowboys had 185 running yards. Dak had time to pass. The O-Line didn't throw the ball right to the Cardinals in the red zone.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
Y’all is crazy. So this team plays one bad game and y’all are ready to jump off a cliff.

Every “good/great team” goes thru at least one game where they “should” have won the game with no issues but struggled and in some cases, lose the game. I see/hear people say that it wouldn’t have happened to Jimmy’s Cowboys but in both years, the Cowboys did lose to a below .500 team.

Some days just don’t go as planned. You hope to build and learn as the season moves forward.
It’s a process…. Right?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
So yesterday, 4 PM Eastern. My son gets married after the ceremony. I pick up the phone I am absolutely devastated
Can I not leave you guys in charge of anything for one game without disaster?:omg::facepalm:
Didn't the team you picked to win, win the game? ;)