Cowboys Vs Commanders ***Official Game Thread***

jimmy40

Reaction score
ejthedj said:
We were so awful today, I can barely speak...Time to erase this memory with as much screaming, moaning, drinkig, smoking, and eating as possible...

But I don't want to jump over the ledge, so I will try to say something positive (even if i feel like it is a total lie).

We are a young team -- at least our good players (julius, barber, ware, james, spears, canty, witten, roy, newman, henry, etc)

Parcells adds more ammo every year.

We have a little $

Oline is easier to fix than other things

Our defense is solid (today was an aberration)

Bledsoe can win (He was one of the few who showed heart today)

Parcells is still an upgrade.

Jerry will pay the dough'.

We are not mathematically elimianted

Anything Else?

((((Just tryin'))))

DJEJ
We've been trying to fix the o-line for ten years.

Novacek84

Reaction score
CowboysPhan said:
I just don't understand how this team has fallen this far this fast. You can't tell me that we weren't a pretty good team the first half of the season. We were all excited about how we were going to go to the playoffs, probably win the division, etc. But ever since the Denver game I haven't felt good about this team in any game, even when we won. The line suddenly couldn't block anybody in any type of play. It has gotten more hopeless feeling every week. Even today, despite there being no reason to think we wouldn't win, I didn't feel good about the team. I was expecting a repeat of the Giants game. How can this team be so completely inept when just a few short weeks ago we were good?????
Losing Flozell Adams and having nowhere to go has really hurt this team. They are operating with 2 inexperienced tackles and that is the root of the problem. Eventually you can't hide two so-so players. Plus, they still have no pass rush on defense. DeMarcus Ware has been bad in the second half. The other thing is that this team was probably a year away coming into the season. The collapse by Philly made stealing a division possible, but I really thought 9 wins was about right for this team and that's probably where they end up. If they don't make the leap to winning a playoff game next season then there's a problem. The reason the Giants took control of the division this year is they have a young, mobile QB in Manning and we are limited with Bledsoe even though Bledsoe has been OK for us. I hate how the season is ending, but when I look at the big picture, 2006 is the year things need to turn fully around. If they don't then I say Parcells failed here. But I can't say that now. Parcells will be back and I am confident he will take us to the next step.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
NOW the refs are trying to even out the penalties. When the game is a wash. Thanks

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Ah, yes...another "We are rebuilding" thread.

Sorry, but this has been said for the last 5 years if not longer.

In this day and age, it shouldn't take 5+ years to re-build. Don't wanna hear it anymore.

Most of those things that you said we said last year, and the year prior to that.

Not buying it whatsoever.

ejthedj

Reaction score
Hey -- this is therapy, not rebuilding...Although I will still stand by most of the defense but...

I think we suck... Scrap the entire offense and ... ummm...

Just trying to have some hope

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
ejthedj said:
Hey -- this is therapy, not rebuilding...Although I will still stand by most of the defense but...

I think we suck... Scrap the entire offense and ... ummm...

Just trying to have some hope

Hope.....well, that's admirable...I guess. :banghead:

Bryan8284

Reaction score
Fox is running out of Commanders highlights. Showed 3 or 4 wins over Dallas. Not many more of those.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
ejthedj said:
We were so awful today, I can barely speak...Time to erase this memory with as much screaming, moaning, drinkig, smoking, and eating as possible...

You got that right!~!~

And add some serious online shopping to that list. By midnight I might feel halfway human again.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Well, my wife and I got some potentially good news medically this week. That's the bright side for me. It's hard to look at this game and pout too much.

Plus, my wife usually is very sympathetic when the Boys lose.

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
The most amazing aspect of this game is the fact that the Skins only have around 300 yards of offense, but have 35 points. 4 of their scoring drives were under 40 yards, two were under 25. Outside of the fact that our offense did nothing, there's your story of the game. Turnovers and field position.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Bizwah said:
Well, my wife and I got some potentially good news medically this week. That's the bright side for me. It's hard to look at this game and pout too much.

Plus, my wife usually gives me some good sympathy relations when the Boys lose.
I'm happy to hear that for you Bizwah.

It is just a game when you look at the big picture, but dang, we look like crap...again.