Game Day ***Cowboys vs Dolphins Post game thread***

Mark

Reaction score
Udoga should be cut immediately. A total, useless non-entity in Miami. But, who do you replace him with?

This team lives...or dies...on the strength of its O-line.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Our strength of victory is .384 .The only winning team in the NFL that has a worse SOV percentage is Miami who just beat us.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
This team is just another front running team that folds like a lawn chair when they face a decent team. This team is no different than the previous ones over the course of last long 27 years.
insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Last edited:

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Once again, we were fooled. This team beat on weak teams and can’t beat the good teams. 10-5 and on the road in the playoffs once again. No nfccg for our Cowboys and it pisses me off. I’m not even mad this week. I’m just drained!!
YOU were fooled. Only people with severe amnesia or an extremely low I.Q. fall for the exact same Cowboy oke doke every year.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
LMAO at another doom and gloom thread
I truly will never understand why some are fans of teams - especially cowboy fans- so many are more interested in failure just say they were right
If I ever felt that way - I couldn’t watch a single play - it would just plain suck
But you all do you I guess
Go cowboys

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Once again, we were fooled. This team beat on weak teams and can’t beat the good teams. 10-5 and on the road in the playoffs once again. No nfccg for our Cowboys and it pisses me off. I’m not even mad this week. I’m just drained!!
Maybe you were fooled. But I had this team at 10-5 at this point.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Offense could have put the game away for sure. But the offense did come though, finally, at the end. One stop and we win. And they folded like an accordion. It’s not either/or. Both sides failed at times. As always it’s a team effort.
After that first Dallas TD the Cowboys offense pretty much disappeared until the Dak scoring pass to Cooks. That’s almost a FULL three quarters of the game.

The defense wasn’t perfect and committed some untimely penalties - but they played well enough that the Cowboys would have won with any reasonable semblance of a playoff-worthy offense. Dallas held Miami to 22 points AT THEIR HOUSE, Don’t blame the defense.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
LMAO at another doom and gloom thread
I truly will never understand why some are fans of teams - especially cowboy fans- so many are more interested in failure just say they were right
If I ever felt that way - I couldn’t watch a single play - it would just plain suck
But you all do you I guess
Go cowboys
I’ve been a fan for 46 years but I’m feeling like it’s time for me to get off this hamster wheel. It’s not fun anymore .

TheHerd

Reaction score
After that first Dallas TD the Cowboys offense pretty much disappeared until the Dak scoring pass to Cooks. That’s almost a FULL three quarters of the game.

The defense wasn’t perfect and committed some untimely penalties - but they played well enough that the Cowboys would have won with any reasonable semblance of a playoff-worthy offense. Dallas held Miami to 22 points AT THEIR HOUSE, Don’t blame the defense.
Not blaming the defense. Offense could have easily wom this game. But I can't give the defense a pass when one stop could have won the game.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Tyron needs to go. Hes unreliable. Especially late in the season. Thanks for all you have done but he handcuffs the left side when hes not available. A lot of the pressure came from the left side. And Steele is on borrowed time as well. One more year of him to show he can come fully back from the injury. If not then now youre looking for a left and right tackle. Draft one and grab another on free agency.
OT’s ain’t cheap and Dallas is unlikely to replace BOTH STARTERS this offseason. Trying to find more serviceable backups would seem a more reasonable scenario.

bigdsgirl

Reaction score
If I had to complain about some fundamental flaws with the team I would point to the run defense and run offense. In most of the losses, they revolve around that. The offseason efforts should revolve around that.

On top of that you have nearly 30 years of sloppiness. They lead the league in penalties. Again. A lot of it is just stupid. Add in the completely unforced fumble at the 1 and that's ballgame. This is the part that makes me think the team will never get over the hump. This all started when Jerry fired Jimmy. The Packers weren't this sloppy under McCarthy. This lack of discipline is due to some issue that Jerry creates. He is the only constant.
Green Bay was good cause of their quarterbacks not cause of coach after tom Brady left NE the Patriots have sucked..tom Brady made belicheck look like a genius and Brett farve and Rodgers made MM look like a genius

triplets_93

Reaction score
The fact we held them to FGs and not TDs allowed us to stay in the game.

But he didn’t adjust any strategy in coverage once Waddle went out. They weren’t going deep, and we needed to force punts to gain more possessions

Maintaining the strategy of bend but don’t break just allowed them to do what they had been doing all game: drive the field and kick a FG

Mostert was out as well… tighten up and try and allow your pass rush to affect Tua. He let him have everything short to protect against the deep ball— but at some point you have to at least try and make a stand

I thought the last defensive possession was pathetic

The rub to me is that Miami didn't best us. We beat ourselves.
Now that stings.

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
If Philly loses 1 game out of the next 3. Dallas wins next 2. Not only doess Dallas win the east they get 2nd seed

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
I’ve been a fan for 46 years but I’m feeling like it’s time for me to get off this hamster wheel. It’s not fun anymore .
I can respect that
I just don’t take it as seriously as I did when I was younger
I’ve learned to enjoy it when I can
Too much reality in my life to lose it over a game where it sometimes looks like WWE wrestling - storylines and outcomes

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
He blows, and I’m being polite.
Rubbish. While Dak has fallen from any serious MVP discussions - did you see that pass he completed to (I believe) Tolbert late in the game when Dak was in the grasp and almost certainly would have been sacked? There aren’t a handful of QBs in the NFL right now who could have pulled off THAT play.

I fault Dak for not taking more shots to Lamb - anddownfield in general. I just gotta hope he’ll be more comfortable when Tyron Smith returns. I sure hope so.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
If Philly loses 1 game out of the next 3. Dallas wins next 2. Not only doess Dallas win the east they get 2nd seed
I think this is a mistake Cowboys fans make, worry about what another team does to give us a better position in the playoffs. The last couple of games were a litmus test on how we would fare in the playoffs. Judging by the results, it doesn't matter what seed we get if we can't play playoff caliber football.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
This game reminds me of the first game philly game. Inches short and bad things happening.