Game Day ***Cowboys vs Eagles post game thread***

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Anybody else think that officiating was just plain bad?

I used to the Boyz being screwed every week by the refs so it doesnt bother me, but man..............some of those calls (and non calls) were............yikes.

rynochop

Reaction score
he's not just "some draft pick", he was a valuable 2nd round pick.

and just b/c people bring it up doesn't mean they're not enjoying the win. stop being so childish.

Frederick/Williams/Wilcox/Randle all played/contributed. What else do you want?

Deep_South

Reaction score
We did some good things today on both offense and defense to control the clock. TOP was Cowboys 36:13 Eagles 23:47

rynochop

Reaction score
A lot of his runs could have been for no gain or a loss, so I'm pretty pleased.

I was pleased too, if you would have guaranteed those numbers prior to the game with no fumbles I would have took it in a second. I just wasn't 'Very Impressed' like the troll..i mean poster I quoted.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I know many may not want to hear this, but the difference between the Cowboys and Eagles today was the quarterback position. The defenses were pretty good. But Nick Foles was hot garbage and Matt Barkley was green as lime jello and just as shaky. Romo did just enough to get us the win. Yeah, he threw the pick, but he had fewer mistakes than the two-headed monster at quarterback in Philly.
I'm liking the defense, but it's not like we were facing Drew Brees, whom we will face in two weeks.

That said, good win.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really ugly game. You can call it good defense, but I would call it bad offense. These two defenses stink.

I thought the defensive backs were given a lot of leeway to basically hug defenders. Which was advantage Eagles since the Cowboys have a much better group of wideouts. That was a pretty big factor in the game.

3-0 in the division. I'll take it. Anytime we can beat that POS team I'm not complaining.

lwehlers

Reaction score
three wins in a row and four out of the last five now against the eagles.

CaptainMorgan

Reaction score
Dontte="Zordon, post: 5247088, member: 34827"]escobar pick is looking like a complete disaster. this is the type of game where you'd expect him to be involved. completely MIA.[/quote]

Dont worry we will draft another te in the second round next year lol.

rynochop

Reaction score
I thought the pic was a head scratcher as well, but that draft class is looking very, very good so far. I don't give a flip what position they were picked at...especially after a week 7 win on the road for first place.

Ren

Reaction score

I used to the Boyz being screwed every week by the refs so it doesnt bother me, but man..............some of those calls (and non calls) were............yikes.

Some of the no calls on Dez where so blatant it's nothing short of amazing that they didn't call them

newlander

Reaction score
i'd like to stop wasting 2nd round picks on tight ends.

can't disagree...sure would have been nice to get a Dlineman in the 2nd BUT....the rest of this draft has been great so...have to point that out

Plankton

Reaction score
The D did what they had to do today - they never allowed the Eagles to establish tempo on offense. On 33 first down plays, the Eagles got 115 yards, or 3.4 yards a play (the numbers swelled a bit in garbage time). With them staring at longer yardage plays on second down, they couldn't push the tempo the way they wanted to. The LBs and safeties were outstanding today - this was their best tackling game of the season. Carr was once again terrific. The Cowboys completely eliminated Jackson and McCoy, which is very difficult to do.

That being said, the offense looked very sloppy today. Blitz recognition was poor, and the pre-snap penalties were troubling. Romo looked unsettled for a good part of the day due to the blitz looks he got. Randle needs a big year in the weight room in the offseason to build strength in his legs - he does not push the pile much at all.

All in all, a good win that sets them up to stay in the mix the rest of the way. I have a feeling the Week 17 game will be for the division again.

mldardy

Reaction score

Yeah for the most part. There was at least 2-3 PI's not called for Dez and that Avant tipped up in the air INT by Wilcox was a gad reversal. There was no conclusive evidence that ball hit the ground. Should have been a shutout.

Stinger_Splash

Reaction score

It was flat out cheating. The refs were that bad. I was screaming at my TV.