Game Day Cowboys vs Eagles post game thread

irishline

Reaction score
What we will learn - how does this team come out and play a stinker of a game and extra rest. I would preferred that they played to win like the Pats did today (as usual)...

The Patriots were actually playing for something (HFA) we were not. Not quite the same.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
what Jimmy didn't mention though is Tony makes bigger plays but makes bigger mistakes also while trying to make those big plays, comes with the territory

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Romo looked like a god and Sanchize looked like he should struggle to make a roster next year. Personally I think it showed the team a few definitive answers and gave some of the back ups a run out. No problem with how this game played out. If Free is in Dallas next year the process is broken.

toto1939

Reaction score
If you are going to play a game like this to keep key players safe, why even board the plane from Dallas...just tell the Eagles that we forfeit, enjoy the win and see you next year.

willia451

Reaction score
I don't disagree with this comment, but in fairness, this line today was NOT the line that has played all year. The left side of the line was out and that makes a huge difference. Plus, Zeek didn't play at all and McFadden only played about 40% of the snaps... and Dez didn't play with Sanchez at all.

True. But no excuse for the turnovers and bad decisions.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Romo is going to cost a lot ($19 mil) next year in cap hit even if not here....might as well pay another $5 million on top of that to keep him in Dallas.
5 Millions gets you a starting CB but i get where you are coming from,ultimately Tony wants out of here.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My one concern about the playoffs, not the players, they've bailed him out several times. When kit comes right down to it though in the playoffs the mediocre coaches get schooled by the vets that know their business. Two evenly matched teams comes down to execution and coaching.
I agree two great teams the one with the best coach wins everytime if the teams are evenly matched

toto1939

Reaction score
5 Millions gets you a starting CB but i get where you are coming from,ultimately Tony wants out of here.
We still have to spend some money to find a QB, so subtract that from the $5 million...and why bother paying other positions if you lose your starting QB and the backup can't play?

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
All l can say is that it makes me want to vomit losing that game in that way to the Eagles. That really hurts. They are a bunch of bums that the Cowboys should have beaten easily.

Who cares, the Eagles are losers, they barely beat our backups, you will forget all about it in ten minutes.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Coaching scared? Did you people follow this team in 2014? There's only so much you can do with 8 guys missing from the offensive and defensive lines

slomoxn

Reaction score
Sanchez showing that this team wouldn't be a playoff team with just any QB stepping in. Some thinking that it would be easy for any QB to play with this line and talent. The thing that has been said to discredit Dak's success.
coaches could have made it a little easier for him too by not calling long developing pass plays. He is still a scrub though.