Game Day Cowboys vs Eagles post game thread

mldardy

Reaction score
What we will learn - how does this team come out and play a stinker of a game and extra rest. I would preferred that they played to win like the Pats did today (as usual)...
My goodness who cares. You are really getting your panties in a bunch over this game. It means nothing. We had the lead for the majority of the game playing backups at key positions. The Pats still need to wrap up homefield.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Complacency, that is what we watched today. Luckily, we had a few not involved in that but as a team......they looked real bad.

I like momentum or at least a competent loss going into the playoffs and we did not see either.

Free and Sanchez were the main cause but can the defense cover a TE???

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you are going to play a game like this to keep key players safe, why even board the plane from Dallas...just tell the Eagles that we forfeit, enjoy the win and see you next year.
Because a team cannot forfeit an NFL game voluntarily

I am completely fine with today's game. It just doesn't matter. Last week's didn't matter either.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Garrett coached scared.
Please. He coached like a coach who's only goal was to enter the playoffs as healthy as possible, and rightly so. The endless whining from the brain dead contingent about a meaningless game is hilarious.

reddyuta

Reaction score
We still have to spend some money to find a QB, so subtract that from the $5 million...and why bother paying other positions if you lose your starting QB and the backup can't play?
Romo wont play backup here,i can guarantee you that much,he wants a shot at starting.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
This may have been the worse game of Doug free's career.
And that's a tall mountain of suckage
DougFree_original_original.gif

sweetness0986

Reaction score
We still have to spend some money to find a QB, so subtract that from the $5 million...and why bother paying other positions if you lose your starting QB and the backup can't play?
Yep. Think there would have to be some convincing to do to keep Romo on board with that though. I think it will be more his decision at this point unless we can get some stellar compensation via trade.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Gotcha. I want being a putz. I didn't really know because they treated last week like a legit game. This will was obviously an exhibition. Two weeks to get healthy and figure out what to do about Free.

Last week was GREAT game to catapult into playoffs.

Maybe we can delete this game and extra week off from their brains. Lol

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Romo is going to cost a lot ($19 mil) next year in cap hit even if not here....might as well pay another $5 million on top of that to keep him in Dallas.
Yep. A legit backup QB is going to cost us close to 5 million, anyway. The only way I release/trade Romo is if he demands it (and that would only come purely out of respect).

MrPeanutbutter

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This was the Cowboys saying "You guys are bad and dirty, so you can have this game and hit the golf course".

seamus18

Reaction score
If I'm Jerry Jones, I'm sitting Tony Romo down in the off-season and saying " Sorry Tony, but you know we can't go with Sanchez as our back up. We need you to stick around. Can't let you go"

MrPeanutbutter

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yep. A legit backup QB is going to cost us close to 5 million, anyway. The only way I release/trade Romo is if he demands it (and that would only come purely out of respect).
There are no "Legit" backup QBs. They're all terrible. Half of the starters aren't even legit.

I see your point, but moving Romo helps us long term. This is the NFL, if you lose your starting quarterback, you're screwed. Save the $5 million for other players.

MrPeanutbutter

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If I'm Jerry Jones, I'm sitting Tony Romo down in the off-season and saying " Sorry Tony, but you know we can't go with Sanchez as our back up. We need you to stick around. Can't let you go"
That's not smart business. You don't pay that much for a backup. Think about the positions you could fill with the money you save moving him.

lwehlers

Reaction score
Free looks bad.

what a boring game. also if any gm signs sanchez next year needs there heads examined.that was the thing that stuck out to me in this game as how bad free looked. hopefully two weeks off will give him a boost to play better. he gave no qb a chance in this game.