Game Day Cowboys vs Giants post game thread

popp1234

Reaction score
I said humorous, not homorous.

Dude, sorry if I offended you. How about this...I find it unbelievable and ironic that the Ginats loss to us last year due to poor clock managment with the game on the line. Seriously, what are the chances that this happens to both teams 2 years in a row.

I also think Twill is catching too much flak, there's no guarantee Bailey would have made that although he is money 99.9% of the time.

Well, I guess we will never know now, will we, Mr. "Humorous (homorous)? There is no guarantee of anything, so we should not have even tried to mount a winning drive...since there are no guarantees. Let's not ever give ourselves a chance. I mean, what's the use in giving the most accurate kicker in NFL history a chance to win the game, right?

haleyrules

Reaction score
For me it's his attitude more than his production. He was jogging his routes out there. He is a mental quitter and mentally he quit today. Then he went and pouted. I'm done with him. If Dak is the future he does not need a guy like that as his number one. He needs a smart, hard working guy out there.
Yes. This is typical of Bryant. Overpaid...overhyped...outclassed against good DB's. It is his history. Just an average WR with a giant unearned ego. Too bad...he is a liability and always has been. QB's and WR's dont win the big games. Trench players and defense do.

John813

Reaction score
It's just one game. I won't fret unless it's game 4 or 5 and our vets are still Mia.

Sucks but it's the first game of the season. Hate losing games like this though. 1 point.

Tommy

Reaction score
Running a route and being the designate recipient of a screen aren't the same.
Who was the first read on the play? And what difference does it make if the flats were covered? Did you want them to throw it anyway?

Ren

Reaction score
We need to get a defense to go with our offense. Dak needs to learn drop back passes our our offense will be to predictable. There's potential in this team and the offense could be very good. We where very limited on offense today because of Dak's limitations, he'll be good but he's not there yet

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Who was the first read on the play? And what difference does it make if the flats were covered? Did you want them to throw it anyway?

It was a designed screen play to the TE. Who else would the first (and only) read be if not the TE?

perrykemp

Reaction score
Yes. This is typical of Bryant. Overpaid...overhyped...outclassed against good DB's. It is his history. Just an average WR with a giant unearned ego. Too bad...he is a liability and always has been. QB's and WR's dont win the big games. Trench players and defense do.

My god man you are brimming with negativity.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
So Dez's performance today wasn't on him huh? Ok.

How many routes did you see Dez have going across the middle opposed to Beckham or Cruz?

But even in your logic, fine - blame Dez. What GM and team severely overrated his talent and paid him like a top 3? Who gets hung with that? This isnt the first time that we have seen Dez with 5 or less targets in a game. If you arent going to put him in position or use him like a julio or Brown or Green or Thomas, why pay him as one. As per usual, a DC dictated what they wanted Dallas to do

Witten - 14 targets 9 rec
Beasley - 12 target 8 rec.

Why? because they do not beat you quick. It requires sustained drives with no mistakes. So as opposed to moing Dez into the slot or getting a bit more creative, we , per usual take what the Def wants

Green 13 targets - 12 rec
Thomas 6 targets - 4 rec
Beckam 8 targets - 4 rec (where did his damage come from?)
Jones 8 Targets- 4 rec
Evans - 7 targets 5 rec

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Ha ha. That is true. The Giants tight end just didn't get open that caused a butt chewing. Our WR cost a chance to have a shot to win, and he get a pat on the back.

We cant chew anyone out until we review the tape

aria

Reaction score
Well, I guess we will never know now, will we, Mr. "Humorous (homorous)? There is no guarantee of anything, so we should not have even tried to mount a winning drive...since there are no guarantees. Let's not ever give ourselves a chance. I mean, what's the use in giving the most accurate kicker in NFL history a chance to win the game, right?
Geez dude, I was just stating a fact. I'm sure I can go back and critique and dissect every word you've posted but I have better thing to do with my time. It was one game and there are lots of positives (with a few correctable negatives) that we learned. Chill the f out and post when you're not so hot headed.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Man, some people will just defend Dez no matter what, won't they? The guy was non-existent to terrible last season when he played, and it has now continued into this season.
And some people might decide to review how he is used. Remember the monster 2006 and 2007 TO put up? Remember when he called out the scheme? Remember when Ed Reed and Ray Lewis called out the scheme?

Regardless, accountability has to stop somewhere. Who resigned Dez? Who deteremined he was worth the money? Who decided TWill was still a bonafide #2 over Butler?

This scheme isnt elite WR friendly. Very rarely is the ball forced but thrown to the widest open option - i.e. Beasely and Witten. Exactly what the def wants.