Game Day Cowboys vs Giants post game thread

greatwallofdallas

Reaction score
Does no one find it strange that Cowboys were 1.5 point under dog, and they conveniently cover the spread by .5 points against the Giants on 9/11??

Bluefin

Reaction score
That tells me his players don't take him serious if they practice it, yet don't do it.

I think it speaks volumes about him as a HC

Dez Bryant did the same thing in a training camp practice and got chewed out for it by Dak Prescott.

Terrance Williams made a bad decision in the heat of the moment.

I read nothing more into it.

John813

Reaction score
Anthony Brown had his hand up between Sterling Shepard's on that TD reception on third down.

It was a great catch, 9 times out of 10 that's an incompletion and NY settles for a field goal attempt.
I think Wilcox knocking him off the receiver prevented him from stripping it

haleyrules

Reaction score
Tell yoo what. It was a close game. Prescott and the team played well. The Giants had some big advantages. Coaching...QB and Defense...that is hard to overcome. the bright side..it was close and tbe young Cowboys have nothing to be ashamed of. Bryant and some other vets had better have a look in the mirror. Bryant got his money and now......

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
P8G7e.png

?

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
wow people are actually calling out Dak for this? Yeah he had some decisions that said rookie, but he is a starting QB. Obviously we get spoiled with Romo who knows this game inside and out, but to say Dak will be be nothing but a backup or worse is ignorance and obvious fear that he may take that spot from Romo prematurely.

Listen, it is a good problem to have if he shows enough to do that, but fear not he has not yet. But atleast you can give an honest eval and give him credit for what he can do now this early in his career, something no one expects a rookie to do yet. Some here apparently thing he needs to be Troy Aikman right now :cool:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Dak was 11 of 12 to start the game. I think 14 of 19 at halftime. The run pass ratio was 19-19 in the first half. We get the turnover to start the second half, we run it three and pass it 4 times to take the lead. From there, when we should have been pounding it to try to run clock and extend the lead.....yet we only ran it 8 mores times from there, and threw it 23. In all, in the second half we threw it 26 times and he was 11 of 26. We only ran 11 times. It's not how you win with a young QB.

What is the point of pounding the ball in the first half if you aren't going to keep doing it in the second half when the game score is close? It makes no sense, but that is what our coaching staff thinks gives us the best chance to win.

Jason Garrett says hello

When will people realize he is just a terrible coach and Romo has masked this.

The Natural

Reaction score
Anthony Brown had his hand up between Sterling Shepard's on that TD reception on third down.

It was a great catch, 9 times out of 10 that's an incompletion and NY settles for a field goal attempt.
his hand up with his back to the QB, its very hard to make plays that way but somehow its all our corners know

Dodger12

Reaction score
That tells me his players don't take him serious if they practice it, yet don't do it.

I think it speaks volumes about him as a HC

I have no doubt that the dolt coaches it. But there are no consequences to why listen to the HC? He'll just pat you on the back and move on. He's the luckiest guy on the planet.

superonyx

Reaction score
Did Linehan drop a TD in the end zone? If so I missed it.
Sounds like you missed a lot of things.

When your entire offense is going through Jason Witten and Cole Beasley then Lineham dropped a lot more than a ball in the end zone. When you call a game to primarily put the ball in the hands or slow posession type players then you walk away with FG's and not TD.

CWR

Reaction score
Do people not get that the vanilla play calling was probably caused by having a rookie playing his first game ever so they wanted a simple game plan for him

No we are forming a lynch mob now. No one is safe. (Except Dak)

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Or you could rewatch the play and see they did have a RB in the flats who was covered. The Giants were ready for it.

Running a route and being the designate recipient of a screen aren't the same.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
If you would have told me before the game that we would only give up 20 points, get an interception and Dak would not turn the ball over...I would have taken that and expected a comfortable win.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
This game has a different outcome of Romo wasn't injured...

I hate JG and his whack gameplans. Way to help out your tackles and rookie QB