Game Day Cowboys vs Giants post game thread

Tommy

Reaction score
How many routes did you see Dez have going across the middle opposed to Beckham or Cruz?

But even in your logic, fine - blame Dez. What GM and team severely overrated his talent and paid him like a top 3? Who gets hung with that? This isnt the first time that we have seen Dez with 5 or less targets in a game. If you arent going to put him in position or use him like a julio or Brown or Green or Thomas, why pay him as one. As per usual, a DC dictated what they wanted Dallas to do

Witten - 14 targets 9 rec
Beasley - 12 target 8 rec.

Why? because they do not beat you quick. It requires sustained drives with no mistakes. So as opposed to moing Dez into the slot or getting a bit more creative, we , per usual take what the Def wants

Green 13 targets - 12 rec
Thomas 6 targets - 4 rec
Beckam 8 targets - 4 rec (where did his damage come from?)
Jones 8 Targets- 4 rec
Evans - 7 targets 5 rec
The Giants throw the ball to Beckham when he gets isolated in one on one coverage. He can consistently beat his man. When Dez gets one on one coverage all too often he is blanketed. He is a #1 receiver who needs to win those match ups.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
And some people might decide to review how he is used. Remember the monster 2006 and 2007 TO put up? Remember when he called out the scheme? Remember when Ed Reed and Ray Lewis called out the scheme?

Regardless, accountability has to stop somewhere. Who resigned Dez? Who deteremined he was worth the money? Who decided TWill was still a bonafide #2 over Butler?

This scheme isnt elite WR friendly. Very rarely is the ball forced but thrown to the widest open option - i.e. Beasely and Witten. Exactly what the def wants.
When the ball has been thrown up for Dez to fight for, even when get's two hands on it, how has than gone lately?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Ok, so some good things, winning time of possession helped big, i knew that was a stat we could win on. Williams, what else can be said, and is this draft not going to go down as one of the best. EE chewed them up. Good thing we didnt ride Morris, those yards were not going to get him anywhere. Whos high fiving we keep starting Witten? am i right? Our offensive line is the best eva!!!!!!!!!

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
That last td play. I was wondering why offensive pi wasnt called.

I thought that a defender has a right to his zone. So why was it legal for a tight end to go right through a defender on a pick play?

Also, why wasnt there an excessive celebration penalty with obj doing the camera pose while cruz dances?

haleyrules

Reaction score
My god man you are brimming with negativity.
Not really. I just dont like loud mouthed prima donnas who habitually under perform and take valuable resources from the club. Give me... Drew Pearson...Mike Irvin...keep the dimwits like Bryant who TALK a good game but never deliver.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
The Giants throw the ball to Beckham when he gets isolated in one on one coverage. He can consistently beat his man. When Dez gets one on one coverage all too often he is blanketed. He is a #1 receiver who needs to win those match ups.

Re watch those 2 catches in the middle of the field. He dropped another going across the middle on Caliborne covering. His big play was when no one touched him on the jam and Eli hit him wide open. Dez had of 5 targets as jump balls in the end zone and another at midfield. He had no routes I saw in live coverage over the middle

USMarineVet

Reaction score
You're free to believe what u please. Last year I won over 2k predicting the Broncos panthers a month before and predicting the MVP Von Miller. But I guess I was just lucky
You're free to believe what u please. Last year I won over 2k predicting the Broncos panthers a month before and predicting the MVP Von Miller. But I guess I was just lucky

So I take it you bet the Giants today. Well played. Live by the sword. Die by the sword. I'm sure the game was set up otherwise how could you have lost, right?

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Dez is cursed. That's like the 4th or 5th catch/ non catch overturned by the refs.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
When the ball has been thrown up for Dez to fight for, even when get's two hands on it, how has than gone lately?

better odds than giving witten and Beasely 26 targets and expecting a win. And better than the "Best in the NFL Oline" blocking

ragman

Reaction score
IMO, we need to score 30+ points per game because our defense just isn't that good.

cowboys1985

Reaction score
IMO, this loss was on the Cowboys' marquee offensive players. Dez, Beasley, the OL, Elliot, and even Witten get paid a lot of money and they just weren't good enough today. Dez had 1 on 1 opportunities and couldn't win. Elliot didn't make plays like a NO1 pick should be making. OL was getting beat in the Run game consistently. Beasley and Witten, while I may be too harsh on them because they did make a lot plays, both had crucial mistakes.

It's disappointing because Dak played well enough, and so did the defense for the most part. The marquee players better make amends for this loss because if not, we are looking at a 0-2 record being in WSH next week.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
IMO, we need to score 30+ points per game because our defense just isn't that good.

we cant do that with our offense. If someone starts producing our coach goes with someone who doesnt. Our QB cant find the guys hes comfortable with, because we believe this notion, you go with who the last guy liked.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
Keep a .500 coach for 5 years? Yeah cowards. Take your ball and go home.

Edit: thank you for your service.

Thank you for the kind words in your edit. But I wouldn't use the word "coward" for keeping a head coach. Trust me when I say I have never been on the Garrett bandwagon. A LOT is wrong with this team and it trickles down from the top. But there are no cowards on this team. Here's your ball back.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
better odds than giving witten and Beasely 26 targets and expecting a win. And better than the "Best in the NFL Oline" blocking
Oh you mean the two guys that routinely get open and make clutch plays? Don't get me wrong, the ball needs to go Dez's way more often, but he needs to start giving the QB a reason to.

greatwallofdallas

Reaction score
So I take it you bet the Giants today. Well played. Live by the sword. Die by the sword. I'm sure the game was set up otherwise how could you have lost, right?
I did not bet on this game because I never bet the first half of the season. But I did predict the Cowboys would lose and that offense would do good but the defenses would ultimately lose the game.