Game Day Cowboys vs Giants post game thread

texbumthelife

Reaction score
1 catch 8 yards
For me it's his attitude more than his production. He was jogging his routes out there. He is a mental quitter and mentally he quit today. Then he went and pouted. I'm done with him. If Dak is the future he does not need a guy like that as his number one. He needs a smart, hard working guy out there.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
i hope this tempers expectations...

This team isn't very good and it starts with the owner and HC.

I hope people realize that Romo has kept this team relivent.

Without him it's maybe a 4 win team if that. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if they are winless before he comes back.

BigWillie

Reaction score
This game is what were talking about.

You may be wanting to have that discussion go in that manner. And if you are, fine. Have that discussion with yourself because the post you replied to of mine was not headed that direction.

I'm talking about the collection of mistake Terrence has made in his career, and his complete disappearing act more often than not in games. Today was just a cherry on an underwhelming career here.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Lots of frustration in March as we were a bystander in FA. We had glaring weaknesses all over the defense, yet the front office didn't seem concerned. Teams have shown the ability to pay their own, and still spend big. The Giants are a good example of this. Spent out the butt in FA, but still spend $$$ to keep their own.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
In the post-game presser, Jason Garrett said they go over that play/situation all the time in practice.

That tells me his players don't take him serious if they practice it, yet don't do it.

I think it speaks volumes about him as a HC

Ender

Reaction score
You are so right about Romo, we are just kidding ourselves to think he will comeback and win a championship.

Sad, but its the truth. The team around him as never been good enough, and clearly we dont evaluate talent well.

WhizKid

Reaction score
I feel like they ran Zeke out of shotgun quite a bit. May be more comfortable for him. I think he does well taking that hand off with the qb under center. Maybe I'm wrong, iono.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Dak was 11 of 12 to start the game. I think 14 of 19 at halftime. The run pass ratio was 19-19 in the first half. We get the turnover to start the second half, we run it three and pass it 4 times to take the lead. From there, when we should have been pounding it to try to run clock and extend the lead.....yet we only ran it 8 mores times from there, and threw it 23. In all, in the second half we threw it 26 times and he was 11 of 26. We only ran 11 times. It's not how you win with a young QB.

What is the point of pounding the ball in the first half if you aren't going to keep doing it in the second half when the game score is close? It makes no sense, but that is what our coaching staff thinks gives us the best chance to win.

Bluefin

Reaction score
But the scores that they gave up hurt, when they did it.

Anthony Brown had his hand up between Sterling Shepard's on that TD reception on third down.

It was a great catch, 9 times out of 10 that's an incompletion and NY settles for a field goal attempt.

birdwells1

Reaction score
How does our losing coach have a bigger grin on his face than the winning coach when shaking his hand? Good lord, so sick of Garrett.
You would to if you're living the life of Riley.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Sad, but its the truth. The team around him as never been good enough, and clearly we dont evaluate talent well.

Romo elevates the talent around him and I hope people finally realize that. 1-12 he is what's kept the franchise relivent.

Ender

Reaction score
For me it's his attitude more than his production. He was jogging his routes out there. He is a mental quitter and mentally he quit today. Then he went and pouted. I'm done with him. If Dak is the future he does not need a guy like that as his number one. He needs a smart, hard working guy out there.

Thats silly, Giants did a good job covering him, when he had 1 one 1 opportunities Dak went to him. You all overreact like crazy. You think its just a coincidence that Dez production has dropped since Romo has been hurt?

vaturkey

Reaction score
About what I expected. We didn't loose the game because of Dak, we lost it because our defensive line is average or below average.

kevm3

Reaction score
We should have continued to run with Morris if we were going to run the ball. Zeke wasn't getting anything over 2 yards IF he got that other than the short spurt where he got the touchdown.