Game Day Cowboys vs Giants post game thread

popp1234

Reaction score
Seems like it. Has progressively gotten worst each week
I am not a Romo homer and have been thrilled with Dak, but looking at the last three games, I honestly feel our best player at the QB position is probably Romo. It's time to hand him the keys.

LMAO at some of these comments after one bad performance by Dak. Unbelievable. Just unreal how people can overreact so quickly.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
How about it was a top defense doing what top defenses do, which is make quarterbacks look bad. Name me one team with a better record than us this year and one quarterback who didn't have a bad game.

They all do, but what you absolutely don't want is a steady pattern of regression. Dak is reaching that point.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I agree...
But...
When the Giants, Eagles, Vikings, and now Giants again played us with this defensive scheme it has shut us down. I'm worried we don't have an answer.
I'm not saying it's Romo time because I remember the same crap when teams played Romo this way. I worry it's a coaching issue.

It's a tough but good position to be in.

I would say put Romo back in.
This year is his year to make a playoff run.
Dak put us in great position but Romo wins this Giants game.

Dak is backup,
Dak = to be continued. Next year or year after.

toto1939

Reaction score
I was pretty much laughing about the Seahawks only scoring 10 points against the Pack today...I guess the joke in on us

tcc0808

Reaction score
Nope I Think being a rookie and no one stepping up on offense was the primary reason we lost. We win as a team and we lose as a team. That wasn't the question by the way, good job dancing around it
The problem is they did step up. Zeke had over 100 yards rushing again. Sure Dez blew it at the end of the game, but I'd place a friendly wager that we could see him open quite a bit in this game as well as other receivers after film review. This is not a bash Dak post. Simply saying his play in recent weeks will not be enough to get the team where we all want them to go. There needs to be improvement at the QB position.

As to your question. Yes, I would have said you were foolish in the preseason if you said the Team would have won 11 in a row, regardless of QB.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Hope Dak rebounds. However, to be fair, it's not just one bad game. More like 2 or 3 in a row.
Rebound Dak we need you ready for the playoffs. Learn to deal with those blitzes

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak is the future. Romo's timeline with Zeke and this OL is short. Dak is here regardless. Romo gives us the best shot.

Zeke wouldn't be seeing 5-6 man fronts regularly..

Mark

Reaction score
Dak has played his entire career in the South...not used to playing in freezing temperatures. Non-factor throwing the ball. Would have been a good game to start Tony.

Gator88

Reaction score
Meh 12-1 is just if not more meaningless considering the end result of that season. Please.
I mean, there is no way Dak is doing anything with this team in the playoffs if Zeke gets hurt, but yes you're right that it is meaningless as well.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Dez was buddying it up with Jay Z before the game, then didn't show up. :facepalm:

Gator88

Reaction score
So. This team started 11-1. We go 11-2, and you want Dak benched.
I just want the best QB to be out there on the field. Butler didn't keep starting over Dez despite the fact they went undefeated without Dez.

superonyx

Reaction score
How about it was a top defense doing what top defenses do, which is make quarterbacks look bad. Name me one team with a better record than us this year and one quarterback who didn't have a bad game.
Giants are not a top ranked defense. Giants passing defense is 28th in the league.
Nice try though.
Just to save you time...the Eagles are not a top ranked defense either.