Game Day Cowboys vs Green Bay Post Game Thread

bkeavs

Reaction score
Is Payton the answer? Maybe, maybe not but we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jason Garrett is not the answer

I'm not so sure anymore

We have a 36 year old QB with a bad back and 3 fractured shoulders
Is Payton a chiropractor

Fredd

Reaction score
I think that Garrett needs to go through the concussion protocol, because every decision seems to say "duuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh", with a little droll escaping the corner his mouth

Staubacher

Reaction score
You're talking about the GM who thought Weeden was an adequate backup for a team with Super Bowl aspirations. And then thought Cassell was a better option than Weeden.

Garrett is the HC and supposedly practiced Weeden every day for two years. Can he not assess talent either?

aria

Reaction score
Wrong.
As a younger man he wants to make money 1st. As a very old man he wants to ride into the sunset of life with his goals accomplished. His financial goals are already more than accomplished.

A person can get to the point where money is not the driving force for them any longer. Take Trump for example. He doesn't want to be president to get richer. He wants to be president to feed his ego.
Jerry wants to feed his ego by being successful as an owner and GM. From a financial standpoint he has nothing left to prove to himself or anyone.

If you have ever know any very rich very old people you would realize that it's not just about the money. It's only about the money when the money is the only measuring stick they have to measure their success by. Jerry has super bowls as his motivator.

Than why is the Cowboys stadium the second most expensive team stadium to attend in the entire NFL?

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Winning last week is probably going to get us out of a top 5 pick. Gota root for those 3 win teams to win.

Staubacher

Reaction score

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
Yeah let Cassel go up in the stands and sell Dr. Pepper !!!!!
Then what? Is there a Troy Aikman sitting around somewhere that we're overlooking?

I get that Cassel is pretty bad, but what I'm saying is, what's the alternative right now?

cml750

Reaction score
I'm not so sure anymore

We have a 36 year old QB with a bad back and 3 fractured shoulders
Is Payton a chiropractor

No but he is a proven better coach than Garrett. No doubt we need to start the process of finding Romo's replacement but do we really want Garrett coaching him????

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
As long as we keep going, watching, and supporting the Star, JJ will keep doing things this way. As long as he's making money and Cowboys are in the news, losing doesn't matter to him!

I don't want to believe this.

JJ was a team captain at Arkansas.
He was an athlete, and understands the mindset.

It would seem irrational that he would simply want to run his show his way, and abandon winning. Is his ego really that warped?