Game Day Cowboys vs Green Bay Post Game Thread

movaughn88

Reaction score
I appreciate your optimism, I really do but Romo is not going to fix all the problems on this team. I actually think there are way too many problems to fix by the time Romo will retire or be injured for good. I hope I'm wrong but doubt it. Way too much hype surrounding this team.

Even a "healthy" Romo probably wouldn't have survived this game. Where was the pass protection by this "elite" O line? Where was the pass rush from one of the "elite" pass rushers in the game? Oh yeah, I forgot he did get a sack, first one in 5 games. Where was the run stop? What about the throws that Dez dropped? What about Witten alway running one yard short of the sticks? And then there's the coaching...

Sorry man, no personal offense. I'm just really po'd and ranting. I honestly thought our defense would be better, they showed up for one quarter.

None taken, you have a lot of good questions. No team is perfect, and I think with some good offseason moves and Romo back, we can fix enough of them to be a lot closer to last years 12-4 team than this version. We have the chance to stick a JJ Watt or Fletcher Cox type guy on our team at a low cost - that's huge. This was one of Dez's worst games. He will be fine.

I do think Romo has a good chance to make it through the season even a year older, and we have enough cap room to spend a bit more on a backup, we know its a necessity.

Today was a frustrating game for sure. But even with a horrendous offense, a QB who was aiming and lacked any confidence, and yet again losing on turnovers, we had numerous chances in the second half to make a drive to tie the game. I just think it's a better plan than tearing the whole team/coaching staff down, drafting a QB high and starting w a new HC. Next year has a good probability of being good, and thats how I prefer to reason it.

AlterEgo

Reaction score
Last one being released! Get your official JG Cowboy shirt just in time for Christmas!

p9sNfQ4.jpg

superonyx

Reaction score
Than why is the Cowboys stadium the second most expensive team stadium to attend in the entire NFL?

Making a profit on his business does not mean making a profit ranks higher in his priority list than winning does.
I never said he was running a charity and suddenly a stupid man.

This isn't rocket surgery.

agk136

Reaction score
Has any teamever gone a whole season without having an interception by a cornerback? It looks like this team might be the first.

CWR

Reaction score
When do we start Moore? Might as well see what he has. And yes I'm certain the coaches see what he has in practice but they (and jj)obviously misjudged Weedens ability so.....

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Has any teamever gone a whole season without having an interception by a cornerback? It looks like this team might be the first.

We've got to be close to setting the record for the lowest number of offensive points scored in a season.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
This is a bad football team. "That is not up for debate, guys."

My brother and I discussed this during the game. Despite the D working their tail off we just aren't good and there is a talent deficit in many areas. I'm not saying it to be harsh but for all the 5 yr process talk and getting in the right guys we are still subpar