Game Day ***Cowboys vs Jaguars 2nd Half game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
48 looking good. Nice stop ..
the depth at LB is great this year. With or without Jaylon Smith, it's going to be one of the strengths on the defense. I hope Smith is willing to take a pay cut, but if he's traded, I hope they can get something decent

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im sure the teams that lost starters yesterday in a meaningless game might disagree.

My opinion is they should have started guys but it's about the same as what half the league did, including teams expected to be good and teams expecting to be bad.
Who lost their starters?

Hardline

Reaction score
You do realize those are the only 2 TDs he's been able to manufacture in 3 preseason games, right?

I wonder what changed? Could it be the opponent?
He was specifically referring to this game.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like what? Their stellar play against Houston?

Their brilliance against Jacksonville? Their overwhelming dominance against Arizona? Great 11 on 11 play? 7 on 7?

Their great depth?

Just common sense of the entire off season. I should not need to explain it.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Ha. It's cool. You're far from the biggest offender.

I generally don't insult people, and SeanLee50 probably wasn't the one I should have said anything to. Just the same old talk about something that was 100% expected given the leadup into the week. We knew all along they were holding 30 guys out. Jax wasn't. It's JV vs varsity.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Wright and Joseph both show the ability to stay with receivers but both have also shown that they give up separation pretty easily...slight pushoffs and they fall off their coverage.

Something to work on in practice. Learn to flop when the WR pushes off and don't let up when the WR pushes off. Teachable moment for the CBs, both rookie and vets.

Reaction score
no.

I missed the 1st half cause I was playing golf. I put zero stock in preseason results, but this team was lucky to get to 6 wins last year. I see an improved defense, a decent offense predicated on a healthy oline and qb, coached by a so-so coaching staff and talent is stocked by the worst FO in the league.

I’ll go with 8-9, which might win this horrid division.
Thats about what I see

Defense will be better due to better coaching. Offense better because QB and o-line is healthy. At least for now.

That's enough to get from 6 to 9 wins. I don't see more than that though

fivetwos

Reaction score
Folks can laugh at Nooch all they like but the sad fact is he has more talent than Rush or Gilbert....but is far more raw. No preseason in his rookie year didn't help.

Shane612

Reaction score
is it concerning to anyone that the only two TDs for Lawrence this preseason came against the cowboys?
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.