Game Day ***Cowboys vs Jaguars post game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I don't think our backup OL was good. But to say their backups were way better than ours is not correct. It was a close game, and we didn't play our first string like they did.
Game was even when both teams were playing backups. We gave them their 1st string TD after getting an int on the first series and making them punt on the next series only to have Turpin cough it up, giving them a short field to score. We were on pace to tie the score against their first string when Dowdle fumbled. The rest of the way it was Dallas 23-20. So we didn't get blown out. The Jags had more energy early.

rambo2

Reaction score
And that's good?

Sorry....it's not good to me to miss an extra point. I'm willing to see him the rest of preseason, but if he is misses another...I'm looking at the waiver wire, FA, anywhere else.
Most kickers will miss an extra point this season, including the 1 that you bring in. He needs to make all of his kicks next week. Don't take the touchbacks for granted.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Rico looked good too. If you can't see that, you are blind. He can obviously play and can return kickoffs too. He is explosive. He will be good as the 2nd or 3rd back.
Yeah, a soft fumble at the goal line was really great. HE did nothing in the run game. He looked shifty on the short passes, but the fumble was really bad.

Are you an apologist for everyone? I see you making excuses for Dowdle and the kicker missing an XP.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Dowdle is better than Davis too btw
Dowdle also has some pop and size to him. A better compliment to Pollard than Davis. Much better fit especially when you factor in Deuce as a 3rd RB. I We'll see. They also could be waiting for roster cuts in a few weeks.

rambo2

Reaction score
Yeah, a soft fumble at the goal line was really great. HE did nothing in the run game. He looked shifty on the short passes, but the fumble was really bad.

Are you an apologist for everyone? I see you making excuses for Dowdle and the kicker missing an XP.
No, I just know what I am looking at. Rico had a solid game except for the fumble. I just think it is stupid to say cut the kicker now when he showed that he has a strong leg for kicking off and was perfect on all the other kicks.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
I believe Mazi was drafted to be a space eater at times he was effective other times got blown back. With him and Hankins in there together it should help keep the backers free to make plays.

McMicah

Reaction score
Offense Analysis

QB - We need to draft more QBs. Every preseason we play teams with better backups than us. We should always have 4 across practice squad and team. Both had good and bad moments, but both the Jags backups looked better than ours

RB - There should be no question who the RBs are going into the season. It’s Pollard as the starter, Dowdle as the hammer, Deuce as the gadget. Deuce is just so much fun. No way Malik makes this team. The only question now is whether they keep a FB. Leupke did OK

TE - I think John Stephens just booted McKeon off the team if the Boys carry 4 TEs. Ferguson and Schoon are good enough blockers, and Stephens gives you a Redzone jump ball package that McKeon doesn’t

WR - Bless him, Tolbert has made my anxiety about WR float away. I think he can be a great #4 and insurance policy against injuries. I’m kinda glad Turpin fumbled. A nice dash of humility going into the season. Turpin is exactly where I want him. He’s the 5th or 6th receiver that CAN play offense, but is invaluable on ST. There’s one spot left (maybe) and it looks like it’ll be between Fehoko, Houston, and Brooks.

OL - I need to go back and watch. Y’all need to stop saying everyone stunk without actually watching the line snap for snap. 1 guy can make everyone look bad. That said, this is the clear #1 need for next years draft with Tyron and Zack aging out. I could be wrong but I thought Bass played well. Weirdly the 3rd team OL seemed better than the 2nd team, or Deuce is just that good. Excited to see if some rotation happens in the next two games.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Deuce is a unique rb and has the it factor. That was obvious. He can carry the team when needed, and is a weapon in the screen game. He will be Daks saving grace. Rico was great but must take care of the ball. Will Grier should never start. He is what he is. The oline is very suss but didnt do horrible. Grier hung on too long. Brock Hoffman and Waletsko have a future in the NFL. Ball was and is ARSE. Malik Davis is making the team. Devin Harper is decent. I learned that we are a dumb team at times defensively, letting teams run untouched 2 times for td's. It was 2 easy. We were being laffed at. Terrible effort. DQ needs to get these kids back in front of the chalkboard. Then again, its why we have camp and preseason. Lastly, the tackling was bad at times. 0 excuse for that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And that's good?

Sorry....it's not good to me to miss an extra point. I'm willing to see him the rest of preseason, but if he is misses another...I'm looking at the waiver wire, FA, anywhere else.
If thats Bamby2 he sticks up for anyone with a star on their helmet.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Deuce is a unique rb and has the it factor. That was obvious. He can carry the team when needed, and is a weapon in the screen game. He will be Daks saving grace. Rico was great but must take care of the ball. Will Grier should never start. He is what he is. The oline is very suss but didnt do horrible. Grier hung on too long. Brock Hoffman and Waletsko have a future in the NFL. Ball was and is ARSE. Malik Davis is making the team. Devin Harper is decent. I learned that we are a dumb team at times defensively, letting teams run untouched 2 times for td's. It was 2 easy. We were being laffed at. Terrible effort. DQ needs to get these kids back in front of the chalkboard. Then again, its why we have camp and preseason. Lastly, the tackling was bad at times. 0 excuse for that.
Love Deuce. My only concern was wether he can stand up to the rigors of the NFL with his size. If he can do that then the Kid looks like a mini Barry Sanders on film. His moves are amazing. Behind a healthy #1 Oline the kid would be a great compliment to Pollard. Will be not more than a speed bump on pass protection, however. I think either Dowdle or Jones make the team.

Aven8

Reaction score
Clark, Deuce, and Fergs. The backup Oline is a mess just like it has been for years just like the JG fiasco.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Love Deuce. My only concern was wether he can stand up to the rigors of the NFL with his size. If he can do that then the Kid looks like a mini Barry Sanders on film. His moves are amazing. Behind a healthy #1 Oline the kid would be a great compliment to Pollard. Will be not more than a speed bump on pass protection, however. I think either Dowdle or Jones make the team.
I agree. Even if his size limits his career to about 3-4 years, it might be dynamic enuff to get us where we need to in short order. The kid is special. Lightning in a bottle. He's difficult to defend. He is much more than a novelty. Hes the real deal. Ask Bama .

Status
Not open for further replies.