Game Day ***Cowboys vs Jaguars post game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Love Deuce. My only concern was wether he can stand up to the rigors of the NFL with his size. If he can do that then the Kid looks like a mini Barry Sanders on film. His moves are amazing. Behind a healthy #1 Oline the kid would be a great compliment to Pollard. Will be not more than a speed bump on pass protection, however. I think either Dowdle or Jones make the team.
He dominated in College, in a huge conference. Im not worried.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Under the radar is Ferguson. Hard to believe but the 2 best tight ends today were Stephens and Fergie. Schoon was fine. The first cut better be Ball. He is very bad. As far as I am concerned, Hoffman and Bass, Waletsko,Farniok are worth developing.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree. Even if his size limits his career to about 3-4 years, it might be dynamic enuff to get us where we need to in short order. The kid is special. Lightning in a bottle. He's difficult to defend. He is much more than a novelty. Hes the real deal. Ask Bama .
I liked Tank Bigsby in the draft as well. How did he look tonight for The Jags?

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Love Deuce. My only concern was wether he can stand up to the rigors of the NFL with his size. If he can do that then the Kid looks like a mini Barry Sanders on film. His moves are amazing. Behind a healthy #1 Oline the kid would be a great compliment to Pollard. Will be not more than a speed bump on pass protection, however. I think either Dowdle or Jones make the team.
Man he is quick and cuts on a dime. He could end up being something really special. I was rewatching the game and he looks so much quicker live. I am loving this pick

Carson

Reaction score
To me the four most glaring positives and issues after the game

1) Man oh man, the OL depth STINKS. I know none of the guys playing today should see significant snaps. But they did not look good.

2) Jalen Tolbert, Jake Ferguson and Deuce Vaughn are legit. That is 3 massive tools for our offense.

3) Turpin to me is expandable. He is still living off of last preseason. The fumbles are becoming an issue. 3 fumbles last season (Washington game was huge) and one today.

4) Lack of contain and pursuit are terrible. Two scores off of simple QB reads. Multiple first downs of running backs delaying out of the back field. First downs on simple crosses and nobody near the receiver. This Isn’t going to end well against teams like Philly and New York.

rambo2

Reaction score
Rewatched the kick. The miss was on the holder. He missed the pre-snap hold spot [6" left of his left foot] by ~ 6" [at least a foot from his left foot] closer to the kicker. Snap hook waiting to happen.
The kicker wasn't bad. That kick must have missed by a foot to the right. Probably good from 30.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Im on holiday and couldn't see the game. Plus I'm not even in the same area as Dallas so it wouldn't be aired where I live even if I was home. So, what did I miss?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
To me the four most glaring positives and issues after the game

1) Man oh man, the OL depth STINKS. I know none of the guys playing today should see significant snaps. But they did not look good.

2) Jalen Tolbert, Jake Ferguson and Deuce Vaughn are legit. That is 3 massive tools for our offense.

3) Turpin to me is expandable. He is still living off of last preseason. The fumbles are becoming an issue. 3 fumbles last season (Washington game was huge) and one today.

4) Lack of contain and pursuit are terrible. Two scores off of simple QB reads. Multiple first downs of running backs delaying out of the back field. First downs on simple crosses and nobody near the receiver. This Isn’t going to end well against teams like Philly and New York.

Hopefully, they can get Martin back. Also, we probably will need OLINE signings.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
I am not concerned about the lack of contain. Dan Quinn would make adjustments during the season but it's preseason he is keeping it as vanilla as possible.

stiletto

Reaction score
I agree. Even if his size limits his career to about 3-4 years, it might be dynamic enuff to get us where we need to in short order. The kid is special. Lightning in a bottle. He's difficult to defend. He is much more than a novelty. Hes the real deal. Ask Bama .

He will just need to be used in a Darren Sproles type manner and his longevity might be maintained. He can't be relied on to be an every down back if Pollard goes down. They need a guy that can come in if the game is in hand to limit hits on Pollard and Deuce. Not sure who that is but he needs to be able to block. Davis can't.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
-all of Joseph's Twitter talk was him crying out for help. He's done mentally.
Did I miss something on Joseph? I saw two throws against him and neither were complete, and he made a play to bat down one of them.

I'm not trying to be critical of your post; I'm just curious if I missed something. I'll go back and watch the game again (like I always do), but I don't remember anything bad for him in this one.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Probably true but Jacksonville's backups were markedly better than ours. They backup QB's also looked better to me so maybe that was part of it also. I'd like to get one or two "decent" backup swing players on the OL. Even one would excite me at this point. Everyone knows Tyron is going down at some point.
Jacksonville’s backups were playing third stringers and guys who won’t make an NFL roster. Our backups were playing their starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.