Game Day ***Cowboys vs Jaguars post game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Its PS1, no game plan, not overly concerned at the moment about even the OL concerns.
Big Boys on OL need reps and live play to get better or they get sedentary.
I will wait until precuts to make my decisions on most players, but will say that Ball just doesn't seem to be ever taking a step forward.
Clark
Deuce
Stephens
Overshown
Tolbert
Thomas
All showed what you want to see in a preseason game.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
The big takeaway from this game should be that if Dallas is forced to sit most of its starting defense and then is somehow banned from blitzing or scheming for the entire season, the defense is going to be bad this year. This is a big concern.

heir

Reaction score
That’s because many people don’t really know what they’re seeing at DT and their expectations are way too high for a rookie NT in his first preseason game.

If I were you, I’d find a way to watch the game and form my own opinions on how Mazi did. You’ll be much better off than asking people on here.
This!!!

I thought he played well for his first time out. There were plays where he was manhandling the oline and tossing them to the ground. He was disruptive and clogged holes for sure. He does have to work on getting off the ball quicker though. Not bad for the first time out

blueblood70

Reaction score
Outside of the fumbles I actually like what I saw for the first game where our team for three series had to play our backups against their starters you take away those fumbles and we easily win this game that's the problem we need to get Turpin to stop fumbling the football he must and bobbles balls ever since probably game 12 last year he got the yips and he's becoming the next Brett Maher here that may lose his job because he can't stop thinking about the big play and start securing the damn football..

I mean this is not a new problem with him he started doing this towards the end of last year and with the way deuce Vaughn can play he may end up losing his job on special teams first but you never know if we are in a crunch to cut down the roster if he keeps doing this he could lose his job I like Turpin, I think he has something to offer offense and special teams but you can't have this happen in the NFL you can't turn the ball over at this rate. He also took far too many balls out on kickoffs last year that he should have just put a knee down.​

But again, given the circumstances where they used their starters for three series and we used our backups you take away those two fumbles and I think there were a lot of nice things that went on last night I mean you look at Ferguson if anybody has any doubt he is better than Dalton Schultz right now. And I still believe we do have a short yardage guy even though Rico Dowdle fumbled he's our biggest back outside of hunter but if you put the starting offensive line with this running back by committee, I think we're fine everybody's all worried about it but I really think we're have the guys onthis roster to be very good backfield.

But I think we're gonna have to give credit and I know it's early but our scouts and our drafting it already looks like many of our draft picks are gonna make the team and contribute I mean you look at deuce Vaughn overshown mazzy just to name a few you put them in with the starters this is gonna be another successful draft.

I know people are not high on Luke Schoonmaker but I think when he works his way into the lineup, he and Ferguson are going to be probably one of the better tandems we've had at TE in in a very long time.

And Speaking of the TEs I think that number 49 Stephens, I believe whatever his name is , that big dude I think he's going to take McKeon's spot and where is Hendershot? Has anyone even heard Hendershot 's name in training camp or last night? You can almost tell that that tight end most of us never heard of ,#49 ,ooks like the coaches have plans for him to be on this roster and he didn't do anything to say otherwise. I think that as big as he is he could be a good blocker he may make this team definitely over McKeon.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The big takeaway from this game should be that if Dallas is forced to sit most of its starting defense and then is somehow banned from blitzing or scheming for the entire season, the defense is going to be bad this year. This is a big concern.
same with the offense we will suk with 5 starting offensive linemen and no srtig WRs, 3rd string QB, and 3rd string RBs! LOL

stilltheguru

Reaction score
This is one of the dumbest post ever. Take 3 major things away from the defense and it will be a concern. WHAT? Where yall come up with these ESPN takes?

Carson

Reaction score
I didn't see every Brooks target, but the ones I did see were due to a very poor QB performance. Can't blame that on Brooks.
I watch all of South Carolina games. Brooks has potential but it just very raw at the moment. The potential is there. But he had limited reps at SC. A year on the practice squad will do him wonders.

The potential is there

Carson

Reaction score
Disagreed.

If Turpin doesn’t fumble and Dowdle doesn’t fumble, we handled their 1s with our 2s.

Granted, the Lawrence pick wont happen 99% of the time as it was miscommunication. But a massive boost for a trending up player like Thomas.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I didn’t expect Aaron Donald his first game . I thought he clogged up the middle ok
if he had better get off, then he could truly be one to push the pocket, but to your point, once he gets going, its tough to stop, given his size and strength. he minimally can clog up the middle and become an immovable object and that would be a great start. him and hankis can force a lot of plays outside and then its up to the LBs and DEs to contain.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He's so small you need to use quantum mechanics just to figure out where he is.

It’s almost like Deuce Vaughns size was an advantage all along…
I think his advantage is his quick twiitch change of direction and th quickness he has and little steps he takes. he is small and hides behind the OL and just as you start to see him, quick cut, and he sneaks through small hole. and he is hard to tackle low with his size....he can be utilized very effectively if coaches decide to make him part of the game plan.

Big_D

Reaction score
Dowdle has a real opportunity here. He better carry a ball everywhere he goes for the next 3 weeks.

Davis and Jones really need to show something the next 2 games.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
4 tight ends will make the team.
Ferguson, Schoonmaker, and Stephens and one of the other 2.
if that's the case, probably hendershot.

it may come down to Leupke vs. Stephens. one going to PS and the other bottom of the roster. depends on cowboys thinkin if Stephens will clear waivers or not. if he continues like he has, some team will snap him up. he is going to need another year to round into a good pass catching TE.

Status
Not open for further replies.