Game Day ***Cowboys vs Lions post game thread ***

Gaede

Reaction score
Agreed. They scored 14 points on the first two drives. Scored 6 points in the remainder of the game and somehow it's the officials' fault they gave up 24 pts in the same period.

Yes. It's just the same as if the call went against us. Unless it happens on one of the final plays of the game, a ref's mistake never determines the outcome of a game. Players still have to play, in spite of poor refereeing and if they can't make up the difference, then that's on them.

TX_Yid

Reaction score
Please. Just stop. This is why fans can't be taken seriously. That was a clear PI on Hitchens. It was called. For whatever reason they picked up the flag. Very, very late too.

If you can't admit that was a horrible decision in our favor then you can't look at it objectively.

Sorry man, that's just your opinion. If the TE hadn't got his hand in the face mask of Hitchens then yes PI all day, but as that play unfolded there were fouls by both players.

Reaction score
I'm not going to discuss the call. All I will say is that if the jerseys were reversed, I would be pretty upset.

It was said above: the Lions scored 6 points in the final 3 quarters. That's why they lost, not that particular play.

No matter. I'm enjoying this win all week.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
I'm not going to discuss the call. All I will say is that if the jerseys were reversed, I would be pretty upset.

It was said above: the Lions scored 6 points in the final 3 quarters. That's why they lost, not that particular play.

I think that's a fair point.

Reaction score
Exactly right.

But you're talking to people incapable of being objective.

Also, they wouldn't see a facemask and pick up the flag. They'd call both and play the down over.

Make no mistake. The Lions lost because they scored 6 points in the final 3 quarters. They had chances after that play and did nothing with it.

That's why they lost. There is too much focus on one play.

Enjoy the playoff win, dude.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
DeMarco Murray against the Pack defense. I'm looking forward to it. It's the defensive side of the ball that concerns me.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

So you are saying that their WR did not facemask Hitchens?

Naruto

Reaction score
After watching the Cowboys for 20+ years all I can say about the referee decisions tonight is...it's about ******** time. Seriously this may be the first time I can specifically remember a call going our way and having a impact on the game. So screw the haters I'll call us even after years of it always seemingly going the other team's way.

Hoods

Reaction score
Just rewatched the first T-Will touchdown. After Beasley, Martin and Frederick were the first guys down there to congratulate him, even beating Dez. They ran 76 yards to celebrate with T-Will. Man, I love our o-line.

Reaction score
So you are saying that their WR did not facemask Hitchens?

Yes, I saw the facemask. I maintain if the jerseys were switched, the conversation would be different.

No matter. We won the game and we are going to Green Bay! I love it!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Pretty sure I've already heard-pregame nor postgame-talk of sending Hawk or Clay Matthews up the A gap. Also talk of moving Peppers inside to DT more full time and shooting the gaps.

Reaction score
Pretty sure I've already heard-pregame nor postgame-talk of sending Hawk or Clay Matthews up the A gap. Also talk of moving Peppers inside to DT more full time and shooting the gaps.

The Lions blitzing like they did was totally out of character for them. It caught Romo and the o-line by surprise. They slowly adjusted and did enough to win.

I expect Romo to be better prepared for the blitzes next week.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Lions blitzing like they did was totally out of character for them. It caught Romo and the o-line by surprise. They slowly adjusted and did enough to win.

I expect Romo to be better prepared for the blitzes next week.

It's disturbing that the Lions caught us by surprise with their blitz and how so it took us to adjust.

ohiocowboysfan25

Reaction score
I'm beyond happy about this win tonight. I love my cowboys and the kicking and scratching they did to come back and win this playoff game. I'm so proud of how far they've come this season and with everyone not believing but now I feel like we're playing on house money. GB is going to be a tough game and they have the ability to win it but I think it'll be a very close game again. I can't wait to see how things go.