Game Day ***Cowboys vs Lions post game thread ***

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Again, any facemask call that wasn't called is irrelevant. Because even if it's called, it gives the Lions another down. You play the down over.

Did you even watch it? No you didn't because it was before the contact made by Hitchens. You call it irrelevant, I call it the reason the flag was picked up.

But you don't want to comment on the video because it hurts your argument. Whatever man. Sorry your "honest assessment" doesn't including looking at a video that blatantly calls your honest assessment wrong.

http://gfycat.com/MiserlySeveralArachnid

Last edited:

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
It was a bad call on the PI but that didn't decide the game. Detroit had a 17 to 7 lead and did nothing the entire second half of the game by scoring only 3 points. They didn't stop us in the final drive and they had enough time on their final drive to win it. There were bad calls by the Refs for both teams and I actually believed that in the first half we had a few that were not called that went in favour of the Lions. Teams have to learn to take care of business and not leave a game to the Refs to decide. We have been on the other side the fence many times in the past. The Lions have no one to blame but themselves.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I don't understand why we're fussing about the no call play. The call was made then picked up. We won the game. What difference does it may whether they should or shouldn't have picked up the flag?

We won and move on to the next round. Let me say that again. We won and move on to the next round. :D

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Did you even watch it? No you didn't because it was before the contact made by Hitchens. You call it irrelevant, I call it the reason the flag was picked up.

But you don't want to comment on the video because it hurts your argument. Whatever man. Sorry your "honest assessment" doesn't including looking at a video that blatantly calls your honest assessment wrong.

Pettigrew is dragging Hitchens down the field by the facemask. He couldn't turn his head if he wanted to. No Defensive PI should've been called to begin with. It was amazing to see them actually get the call right and pick up the flag.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
If you watched the whole game you also saw plenty of other bull. Some of it benefited the Lions. The game was horribly officiated, but I'm not gonna let fans of other teams take away my joy over a big win in Cowboys history.

The Refs were outright bad in this game.

dfan32

Reaction score

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Hitchens had a stiff arm to his face mask by the receiver prior to his PI. At the time I thought that it was overturned for this reason as both interfered with each other. So I do agree with others here mentioning this.

Tawney88

Reaction score
Why are we even debating this after a win? 13-4! Tom Waddle on SC said it best, one controversial call didn't cause the Lions to lose the game. They had opportunities after the fact.

Our Dallas Cowboys have no quit in them!

I agree 100%

Tommy

Reaction score
He made two penalties on the play. One he grabbed his jersey to slow him down, then he made clear, I mean...this shouldn't even need to be said if you have vision, contact with his shoulder before the arrival of the football. With his back to the football.

PI. All day.

Try to find some way to get over it and enjoy the win dude!

Pabst

Reaction score
Man, this grilled lion just has way too much salt.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Nobody's crying, homer. I made the correct honest statement that we received a gift that probably decided the game. Which obviously riles up the face paint crew who like to pretend the officiating always goes against their beloved team.

If they only scored 6 points over the final 3 quarters, how can that one call decide the game?
6 points in 3 quarters does not win playoff games.
Maybe they should have just scored more than 6 points over the final 3 quarters.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
If they only scored 6 points over the final 3 quarters, how can that one call decide the game?
6 points in 3 quarters does not win playoff games.
Maybe they should have just scored more than 6 points over the final 3 quarters.
Agreed. They scored 14 points on the first two drives. Scored 6 points in the remainder of the game and somehow it's the officials' fault they gave up 24 pts in the same period.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
It was a ticky tacky call. Given that it was called, the correct call would have been not to over-throw it. That said. Both players were equally guilty, but both infractions where ticky tacky. Cowboys got lucky for reasons I don't know, but the guy who called the ticky tacky call in the first place should be seriously questioned at why he called it in the first place.a

In the end, Stafford choked again. hah