Game Day Cowboys vs Lions post game thread

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
With the lead we had, this was the perfect game for Zeke to get some yards while running out the clock. On the other hand, if he got hurt with us up by 3 scores, this would've been the week from hell coming up. That being said, the only thing that could've made this game more perfect would've been another long TD run by Zeke. Just think if he had scored when were backed up inside the 5. Shades of Tony Dorsett and the record.

But at that point it wasn't 3 scores though and that's been my point. That's why I bring up halftime. I don't talk about the 4th when they were up by 3 scores. I'm not sure where I even implied that anywhere? I did have to explain that 4 other times when people were trying to be snarky with 42-21, I'm like really?

lukin2006

Reaction score
We shouldn't we care? It's fun people bet on stats there is a whole industry based on stats called Fantasy Football. If the coaches and league didn't care about stats why do they keep track? Why are there dozens of shows about fanatasy football? Or websites dedicated to stats?

Yes as fans we should care

So you are not happy with our rookie RB leading the league in rushing? You would like to risk the possibility of injury instead of a long playoff run, not me...give him a few carries, keep him sharp and focused for the playoffs.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But at that point it wasn't 3 scores though and that's been my point. That's why I bring up halftime. I don't talk about the 4th when they were up by 3 scores. I'm not sure where I even implied that anywhere? I did have to explain that 4 other times when people were trying to be snarky with 42-21, I'm like really?
You didn't imply it. I was just speaking hypothetically.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Dak did a fantastic job tonight, but I would really like to see him dial back on runs where he takes on the defensive players and start sliding more often. That goes double for the Eagles game coming up in their house. If they can light him up, they will do it in a heartbeat.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
So you are not happy with our rookie RB leading the league in rushing? You would like to risk the possibility of injury instead of a long playoff run, not me...give him a few carries, keep him sharp and focused for the playoffs.

Over your head

lukin2006

Reaction score
Over your head

No actually not, I said our coaches and fans shouldn't care, and I think most don't care records at this point, as for fantasy football, betting and all that other crap ... I really don't think JG or any of our coaches care who is in your fantasy league, or how much you have riding on Zeke getting the rookie record, and as a fan, I don't care either.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I'm not surprised everybody's excited over winning a meaningless game. We were the 1 seed. We're not the 1er seed now.

Our RB had a chance at something historic and our wussy feminized head coach, whose been hampering him all year long, made sure he wasn't going to get it.

You'll never ever see me defend Jason Garrett again. He proved to me today he's gutless. He's scared. He's got no backbone.

Maybe you have not been keeping up with current events, but there is this thing called the SuperBowl that the team is trying to get to and the only way that happens is if our superstar RB is on the field and not being carted off on a stretcher.

I have been one of Garrett's biggest critics on this site for years, called for his firing many times in many posts, but that was absolutely the right move to pull Zeke from the game when the other team is intentionally trying to hurt him. Leaving Zeke in the game under those conditions would not be a sign of how big your balls are, it would be a sign of how low your IQ is.

windjc

Reaction score
Maybe you have not been keeping up with current events, but there is this thing called the SuperBowl that the team is trying to get to and the only way that happens is if our superstar RB is on the field and not being carted off on a stretcher.

I have been one of Garrett's biggest critics on this site for years, called for his firing many times in many posts, but that was absolutely the right move to pull Zeke from the game when the other team is intentionally trying to hurt him. Leaving Zeke in the game under those conditions would not be a sign of how big your balls are, it would be a sign of how low your IQ is.
Another example of why your posts are useless. You wanted to fire the coach of the year. Dumb.

Sepia

Reaction score
Proud of this team!

The false starts and D we're trying my nerves early on, and I am immensely disappointed that Zeke looks too far out to get the record now... but the team dominated, and it makes me happy to see Dak and Dez building chemistry.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You're coming around, Beast.

By this time next year, you'll be sitting in my lap asking me to tell you stories about how Jason Garrett became our Head Coach.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
I love how Zeke put together a homage to Dez, Beas and TWill in his own TD celebration. He threw up the X, spread the sauce and then did the swag walk.

I was laughing so hard watching that.

willia451

Reaction score
The Cowboys did exactly what they needed to do. Blow out a playoff contender at home and answer a lot off questions about the character of the team and who they have become.

Can't say enough about the second half adjustments. Just awesome. The Cowboys used to be horrid at second half adjustments. And now its one of our strengths. That's going to be huge moving forward into the playoffs. Biggest takeaway of the game. At least to me.

Anyway. Very nice team win. Enjoyed watching it.

Go Cowboys!!!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I get up this morning and it seems half the threads, not to mention parts of this one, are negative. Really? How quickly some have become spoiled.

We're having a season no one - and you know you really didn't - expected when Romo went down in August. We're the #1 seed in the NFC, and we've got people belly-aching over a rookie rushing record, Garrett's decisions (some armchair coaches always know best), and threads calling out other posters over message board BS.

Have fun with all of that. I'll be over here enjoying 13-2 and looking forward to the playoffs. :rolleyes:

Eddie

Reaction score
I thoroughly enjoyed last night's beat down. This said a lot about the team's metal. We had nothing to play for ... came out, and beat down the Ly-Uns. Great game.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak did a fantastic job tonight, but I would really like to see him dial back on runs where he takes on the defensive players and start sliding more often. That goes double for the Eagles game coming up in their house. If they can light him up, they will do it in a heartbeat.

I actually have no problem with him running. I just want him to stop sliding.