Game Day Cowboys vs Packers post game thread

Zman5

Reaction score
No, he shouldn't. He made some nice plays. But he's generally too slow to play safety on a full-time basis.

He is one the fastest players on the team.

At his pro day, Heath ran a 4.40 40 yard dash, bench pressed 225 pounds 22 times, and had a 37-inch vertical leap

In his rookie year, against the Lions, he ran down Megatron showing off his speed.

crazytown41

Reaction score
Devastating loss for sure, with the memory of what happened in 07 fresh in everybody's mind and then to come out and have a repeat performance............seriously?

It is unheard of for a team to be the number one seed two times and both times go one and done.......has any other NFL team ever done this? The last two times they were the number one seed they went one and done? Cant think of any other team in the NFL that this has happened to twice in a row.
I would've settled for an NFCC appearance. If Falcons waxed us so be it. Step in the right direction. But we've been in this situation for 20+ years now. The divisional round is like The Wall from Game of Thrones :(

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Why is everyone blaming Byron Jones? He wasn't not the primary coverage responsibility on that.

WeaponX

Reaction score
I would've settled for an NFCC appearance. If Falcons waxed us so be it. Step in the right direction. But we've been in this situation for 20+ years now. The divisional round is like The Wall from Game of Thrones :(
And even that wall is supposed to come down this season...

negativecreep

Reaction score
I just woke up after drinking myself to sleep after this, it still hasn't hit me yet. I have a feeling this is going to be a long painful day. Just preparing for that phone call from dad, huge packer fan. I'm so tired of getting my hopes up just to throw it all away.

aria

Reaction score
This loss and the way we lost combined with the way we lost when we played GB in 2014 has really put it in perspective for me. NFL has something against us winning. Don't know why the are so eager to go against the biggest money making draw they have but they are. And until that changes hard for me to get too worked up and invested on us. Wake me when they throw us a bone and call a big game of ours fairly. I mean it's always some ******** rule buried in the rule book that of course we break.
So just to be clear, the officials were working against us in 2014 because they didn't rule Dez's "catch" a catch against GB but they were also ruling against us the game before against Detroit when they didn't flag Dez for running out on the field and arguing with officials (with his helmet off) after the obvious PI call that should have been called against us when they picked up the flag?

Please. I despise the NFL officiating with a passion but I think last nights game was fairly called for the most part. We just got out played, plain and simple.

mugsybows

Reaction score
So just to be clear, the officials were working against us in 2014 because they didn't rule Dez's "catch" a catch against GB but they were also ruling against us the game before against Detroit when they didn't flag Dez for running out on the field and arguing with officials (with his helmet off) after the obvious PI call that should have been called against us when they picked up the flag?

Please. I despise the NFL officiating with a passion but I think last nights game was fairly called for the most part. We just got out played, plain and simple.
If you think that game was fairly called then you're way more forgiving than I am. They were flagged only for 22 yards the whole game. We were flagged on crucial plays that turned third down outs into scoring drives. Including a rule most of us didn't exist. We were playing catchup because of that penalty all game. Took a scoring drive away and turned it into 14-3. Not to mention other ticky tack calls that extended their drIves. We still had chance to win and they beat us. But I feel the officiating was lopsided for them big time.

aria

Reaction score
If you think that game was fairly called then you're way more forgiving than I am. They were flagged only for 22 yards the whole game. We were flagged on crucial plays that turned third down outs into scoring drives. Including a rule most of us didn't exist. We were playing catchup because of that penalty all game. Took a scoring drive away and turned it into 14-3. Not to mention other ticky tack calls that extended their drIves. We still had chance to win and they beat us. But I feel the officiating was lopsided for them big time.
As much as I really want to "like" your post I can't. I do agree with a couple points though. The huddle penalty was pretty ridiculous and did cost us big time but I still can't "unsee" the two non PI calls that we got away with that were also crucial to GB. One may have been Claiborne but the GB recievers jersey was literally pulled off his shoulder pad! That would have given GB an automatic first but instead they had to punt from their own 10 or so and it resulted in us getting points. Honestly, the officiating around the league (for every team) has been horrendous and has been getting worse every year. They need a complete overhaul in rules and the geriatric officials.

As you said, we still had a chance to beat them and we didn't.

Cowboy89

Reaction score
People will talk about the final pass to Cook by Rodgers. I thought he would've lost the ball on that sack by Heath. I have no idea how he held on.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I just woke up after drinking myself to sleep after this, it still hasn't hit me yet. I have a feeling this is going to be a long painful day. Just preparing for that phone call from dad, huge packer fan. I'm so tired of getting my hopes up just to throw it all away.

You have my sympathies. I'm heading to work this morning to spend the day with a bunch of happy Steelers fans, which is why I'm forced to root for the Patriots, yet again.

negativecreep

Reaction score
You have my sympathies. I'm heading to work this morning to spend the day with a bunch of happy Steelers fans, which is why I'm forced to root for the Patriots, yet again.
Good luck my fellow fan, I know all about stealers fans, I wish you the best.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Green Bay has been playing the last month while we were resting players and taking byes.
We got the No. 1 seed and with that comes a bye. Would you have preferred we not have a bye?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He is one the fastest players on the team.

In his rookie year, against the Lions, he ran down Megatron showing off his speed.

Again, track speed doesn't necessarily translate to football speed. Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice are examples.

Zman5

Reaction score
Again, track speed doesn't necessarily translate to football speed. Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice are examples.

In Heath's case it does. As I mentioned in his rookie year, Heath was able to catch up and tackle Megatron from behind. Even Matt Stafford made a comment about Heath's speed in the Mic'up segment. And I've seen him show off his speed during KO and PR.
He's not a blazer but far from being slow.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
In Heath's case it does. As I mentioned in his rookie year, Heath was able to catch up and tackle Megatron from behind. Even Matt Stafford made a comment about Heath's speed in the Mic'up segment. And I've seen him show off his speed during KO and PR.
He's not a blazer but far from being slow.

So why is he not starting? He can tackle, that's much is obvious.
It's likely because he really doesn't have the speed, quickness or awareness to stay with receivers/tight ends on a consistent bases. He's been in the league for four years and isn't a starter yet.
Why do you think this is?

Zman5

Reaction score
So why is he not starting? He can tackle, that's much is obvious.
It's likely because he really doesn't have the speed, quickness or awareness to stay with receivers/tight ends on a consistent bases. He's been in the league for four years and isn't a starter yet.
Why do you think this is?

Just having speed doesn't make you a great football player. He's still young and has holes in his skill set. I'm not denying that. Just pointing out he isn't slow like you are saying he is.