Game Day *** Cowboys vs Packers post game thread ***

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
These slow starts and turnover margins have to be fixed. And the run defense.

Or we have no chance...

Agreed. The way we played from the 3Q on is how we need to play all 60 minutes of each game. And we need the refs to stop screwing us every time.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
This may have been the first game where Troy annoyed me snd sounded too homer for his own good. I’d love everyone to cheer for our team but he left objectivity at home today

cheyennes

Reaction score
All the staff need to go.
Garreth,Marinelli/Richard both DC, lb´s coach.
We dont have identity, are we runing team or a happy pass of
Firs 3 runs Zeke won 30 yards with counters traps, well we dont use again.
Why play Witten last drive in empty formation; dont like ted with speed'?.
We dont use again read zone and 1 screen and 1 rpo, genial
All def cant tackle, with bad angles, for 5 games, Lawrence who? LVE who? today was Byron Jones and
Brown burned a lot.

GO COWBOYS
Next week will see
P.d. Brandon Knigth looked well

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I know it's early in the season, but this loss was really bad. We came out and stopped Rodgers first possession. The offense looked like it was gonna ram it down the Pack's throat. Then a turnover happens, and it seemed we gave up. There was no fight in us until toward the end of the 3rd qtr. That falls on the entire coaching staff.

just_catch_it

Reaction score
This season was make or break for Carrot, hence no contract! Looking ahead doubt Carrot makes it through the season! Jerry has finally lost his patience with this Fiasco!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
SLee today.....1 tackle at LB......let that sink in.

I doubt we were in our base that often today. Lee probably didn't get many snaps. Though Joe Thomas went in the game with about as many tackles, and fewer snaps.

I was excited about the possiblities with Lee this year. But it doesn't look like he has it anymore.

Of course, LVE and Smith look worse this year too. Just bad news all the way around.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'll say it over and over. This defensive scheme is ok against average and below average teams. We can't stop good team when it matters because we don't force the issue. We wait for the opposition to make a mistake. That isn't going to get it done in the playoffs. If we get there.

And this isn't to say the offense is all that. They aren't. But this D scheme is never, ever, ever, going to win it all in today's NFL.

Bend but don't break is ok against bad QBs and offenses that can't execute. That's not Aaron Rodgers.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
The whole defense looks discombobulated
Well, it damn sure ain't " running with the lead pack dogs" ,,,with that non-synchronized manual gear grinding "meshing" slushbox of a premier running gear their fielding out there,,,that's blindingly apparento_O

* My 1929 Ford mod A is a proven provider fer' the insightful innards fer' this reply*

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
How many times in the Garrett era have we come in unprepared?

The answer. Too many.

The problem with having an "attaboy" owner is you can't have an attaboy coach too (or a nice guy like Wade). The Cowboys players have to have someone who is going to make them perform and actually fear consequences. No more guys with catch phrases or think the ball or calls didn't go our way.

Marinelli is a dinosaur. He's proven time and time again that he can't stop modern day, spread-impacted offenses.

The team's ridiculous unwillingness to believe in run-stuffing 1Tech's as if they were Santa Claus is killing the team.

The team's constant undervaluing of the safety position is a also holding this team back. Heath and Woods are far below average and offer nothing.

But more than anything, my original point stands. This team doesn't fear consequences. They have apologists for owner, head coach, and unfortunately, most of the fanbase. I've already seen too many fans say how we "never gave up" and competed til the end. Where's the accountability for not being ready to play until the end of the 3rd quarter?

Stop it...you sound like a coach that gets it....;)