Game Day *** Cowboys vs Packers post game thread ***

CB61

Reaction score
First.. the obvious fruit is Maher.. should he have missed.. no. Did it cost us the game? No. Should he still be cut? yes. The dude is just not clutch and whilst it didn't cost us the game tonight.. it will cost us games and that is unacceptable. Should never have got rid of bailey.. need a kicker ASAP.

Second.. Dak is useless. I don't give a toss what the stats say.. the guy has no feel for the game.. none. Has no feel for the rush.. struggles to pick open receivers unless the line is giving him all day back there. All his faults on display today and we have seen them before. Never, ever, ever, ever,ever going to bring home a ring.. cut your losses and start the QB search. Let Dak drive the bus until you find the answer.

Third.. Defence needs more aggression on the ball.. we got carved up on this soft zone crap. Never again. Play the man. Play the ball. Play for turnovers. Gotta find a way to get the ball back sometimes.

Fourth.. the entire coaching staff got school. JG has to go.. really really really really really really has to go. No more. We are going nowhere with him at the helm. No where.

Fifth... the refs in this game were horrible. Really horrible. Game match fixing level bad. Needs investigation ASAP and NFL must address the significant issues. Decided the game.. no joke.
Tell him what you really think and I agree with you 150% but you're going to catch a lot of flak from the dak lovers, don't worry too much though :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I8SE1Og.gif
I wish you would do that to some of the players. Get some discipline in this team.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
The kicker did not cost them the game, rest assured he will, if he isn’t fired first.

The defense is a mess. Absolutely zero technique in secondary. LVE was horrendous today, Clear Eye View looked blind out there. This defense couldn’t find a turnover in a bakery. The run defense? Aaron Jones looked like gayle sayers.

I like Dak, he’s lucky he didn’t have 5-6 picks today. That throw to Coop is a td, if he leads him. Not sure what that contract is going to be, but he should have signed it a month ago, he’s losing money.

The coaching on all 3 units is abysmal and needs no further comment.

That final score should fool no one, this was a 60 minute beat down. After 31-3, it was cosmetic.

Xeven

Reaction score
Facts. But the Dak haters will blame Dak and not say crap about the coaches and GM!
Dak is a good QB, not great. He may in time become great but he is not worth 30-40 million.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
SLee invisible too.

So wrong!

Lee stood out on a play taking a bad angle and missing the ball carrier.

Much of the story on defense was guys taking bad angles. I don't remember seeing so many in a game. What has happened to LVE?

Chidobe was making some nice open field tackles, though.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My problem is the discipline. The penalties. The play-calling yeah that's right play calling. You have to know when to dink-and-dunk. You have to know your level of your opponent. You opened up against Bad teams and you go methodical on better teams

snadler

Reaction score
anyone listening to JG’s postgame..this guy is such a tool, of course your typical bs talk about showing the heart and emotion...blah blah..don’t go down 31-3 if you had so much heart

Hoofbite

Reaction score
How do you false start on a FG? The game was a long-shot at that point, but give me a break. At least Su'a-Filo and Maher can comfort each other while they discuss who played the bigger role in eliminating any chance of a comeback. Only downside to the situation would be that Maher is more likely to flake out and miss kick after kick than Su'a-Filo is to false start on kick after kick.

The game was pretty much over well before the 4th quarter, but I would rather they fail on an onside kick than screw up a chip shot. This team has always been full of would-have, could-have, and should-have. A failed onside kick is a definitive outcome that states that they just weren't good enough today. Now, they get to crawl back into their hole of "ifs" and "buts".

If we would have made the kick, we could have (in 1% of such instances) gotten the ball back and scored again.

We could have won, but the kicker missed a FG that is usually made 97% of the time.

This is their out; the gambler's fallacy. They will, undoubtedly, believe that this outcome is the rare occurrence when they should believe that this outcome is the usual occurrence when you show up and play like complete dog ****.

Honestly, the only positive to today's game is the fact that Jason Garrett was penalized for showing emotion.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak is a good QB, not great. He may in time become great but he is not worth 30-40 million.
what's the difference between a good quarterback and a great quarterback. The talent around him. Make no mistake about that. Plus coaching putting them in the right situation. We should have been thinking and dunking against the Saints the Packers carry you don't open up against teams like that

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I literally posted the game script once we fell behind. Come on friends! We’ve seen this movie 30 times with Romo and Dak. Team comes out unprepared, wets bed, hits a point of where you can almost turn off the TV but hits a switch where we get every break, almost come back and Red gets praise for no quit

"They battled!"

I can't wait to hear Garrett say it.