Game Day *** Cowboys vs Saints post game thread ***

tyke1doe

Reaction score
A team that put up 12 points without getting into the end zone a single time is not one of the "Best teams" and their D after seeing their ranking this year isn't very good either. We should be 4-0 right now.
Well, they were playing one of the best teams in the NFC too. You know, immovable object, irresistible force.

Our schedule is about to get brutal - this Saints D is not the Bears D, we'll be seeing this this year. Think we can keep up with the Patriots offense? Rams? We also have to face the Lions who are looking pretty dang good this year along with facing the Eagles 2x. You can't afford losses like this, not with our schedule coming up.
Your argument PRESUMES that we won't get better. And if we're one of the better teams, we'll be there in the end.
Besides, other teams want to win too. The Saints didn't lay down. They came to play and win too.
We still have a long season. Chillax. :laugh:

BigD5

Reaction score
You guys are funny. We lose a game against one of the best teams in the NFC in their house, and we lose by 2 points with a chance to win at the end, and most of you all are in panic mode.
I'm not happy we didn't win, but I'm not upset. The Cowboys weren't going 16-0. And this still is one of the best teams in the league. We'll learn from this and get better.
Character building loss.
Lol ok coach garrett

Mark

Reaction score
I can't believe the morons on this forum who were dissing the defense all night. They held NO to 12 pts. This loss is 100% on the failure of the offense to execute. With the box stacked up, how many screens were run? Pollard didn't touch the ball tonight. The O-line performed poorly, and there was no adjustment to the Saints' defensive scheme. The silver lining is that we don't have to worry about Kellen Moore being lured off to a head coaching job anytime soon.

Dre11

Reaction score
Rams in the superbowl in their 2nd year. Chiefs in the conference game in Mahomes second year. Cowboys, not out of the 2nd round in over 20 years.

What did they win, they went home with nothing. Mahomes went home empty handed too. ..lol

TheHerd

Reaction score
I think the fumble on the early 4th and 1 attempt and the fact that the run game was getting stuffed affected the decision making late in the game. Factor in that the defense had held the Saints to 12 points and I think he decided to go with the unit that seemed to be performing slightly better. The defense DID get the ball back for us.

I do think we should have gone for it, but it was not technically the wrong decision.
Not so sure. The D didn't stop many drives quickly. But we did have a chance. But to go ~60 yards with book timeouts the way the OL was playing was unlikely.

Mannix

Reaction score
On the Saints last drive with over 2:00 left, they caught a ball for a bout 8 yards in which their WR took it out of bounds clearly on his own....yet the clock continued to run, and ran off about 25-30 seconds. Am I the ONLY person who saw this?????

lsg13

Reaction score
Don't even watch or listen to the national sports shows Monday. They will be eating roast Cowboys and predicting their 2nd tier status all the day long.
they may be right... That team tonight looked bad.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
Something certainly changed if you watched the game. The play calling was awful. No motion. No crossing routes, No running with Dak. This wasn’t the same offense we ran the first 3 games. I have no idea who’s offense it was but I do know the clapper is a constant the last 10 years and we’ve done nothing!
I have to say that it did look a lot like Linehan was calling the plays. It was a bit strange. I think the penalties, lack of a running game, and the fact the NO milked TOP didn't allow us to get in a rhythm. Then, when good things did happen, we would get have a penalty called or turn the ball over.

I have a hypothesis that KM's offense requires a lot of communication at the line and that communication was difficult in the loud environment.

Baelzar

Reaction score
Loooong season ahead. Long Coach Ginger McClappy carrot mother fuggin season.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Somebody must be held accountable for that offensive performance and game plan.

morat1959

Reaction score
I don't know how we can blame this on the HC when the OL can't run block or pass block with any consistency. This is just what happens when you lose the battle in the trenches.
Have you watched the last 10 years? Better than that...have you watched the last 23 years? Better than that..have you watched the last 52 years? This team will NEVER win a championship with the current GM or HC. Period!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Lol ok coach garrett
I'm not responsible for coaching the Cowboys. I'm a fan. And as a fan, I have come to realize a few things:
1. Only two teams have gone undefeated in the modern era of football.
2. We weren't going 16-0.
3. The Saints are one of the top teams in the NFC.
4. We lost to them in THEIR HOUSE by 2 points.
5. We are still leading our division.
6. The sun will still rise tomorrow. :)

Dbeastmode21

Reaction score
It’s time to stop this. Don’t have pet cats. Just be honest. He didn’t play well. For the record, I believe there’s multiple ways to use, but the misusage argument is absurd. The NFL is too good not to be multifaceted.
If he didn't play well i will be the first to say it.but i can't see that this game is on him do you?.those penalty's and fumbles is not on dak

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This loss is 80% on coaching, specifically Garrett and Moore. They were not prepared and failed to adjust.

Where were the RPO’s, play-action, misdirection, bunch formations, etc? Did Dak even run it once? I think he did one time but it wasn’t planned.

You can say what ya want about the defense but they only gave up 12, that should win every game. They are on the field too much but that is a different argument.

The other 20% is on this overrated offensive line. They got punched in the mouth tonight!

Zeke had his problems but mundane run plays don’t help his cause.

Dak2Cooper

Reaction score
How about the pass interferance call in the 4th on the Saints defender that everyone said wasn't a penalty, how about not calling a personel foul on the Cowboys for hitting Bridgewater after he gave himself up something we got a call for against Dak earlier in the game. Both players were trying to avoid hitting the QB the Saints got called we didn't. Take your sour grapes and go pout in a corner. The game was refed fine and they did not cost us the game, our lousy play did. Refs called 9 penalties for 90 against the Saints and called 6 for 64 against us

Lol jalen didnt actually hit him if you watch the play he jumped up..didnt even land directly on him which is why they picked it up. They actually threw the flag and picked it up after reviewing it and seeing he didnt actually hit Bridgewater.

Except it was a penalty by the textbook the guy hooked our wr, even within 5 yards you cant hook a wr. Chris collinsworth said it wasnt a penalty because hes a prick. That's not everyone lol.

Can you post a phatom penalty or phantom turnover or not?