Game Day ***Cowboys vs Seahawks post game thread***

DanA

Reaction score
Aside from his first carry, how exactly did Vaughn look really good?
How can you say Dowdle was okay and Vaughn looked really good?
Sorry, that was meant to be the other way around

pitt33

Reaction score
Mazis strength was suppose to be his strength. He was getting manhandled tonight
He did.

He looked like Trysten Hill during his inaugural preseason.

I really don’t expect much from him.

Drafting is not an exact science…as many teams find out.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It’s funny how the penalty on Thomas changed the game. The team was dominant early with our second team but after the questionable penalty the team played like horse crap. Grier is done. Richards is playing really well as the second team left tackle. Tolbert looks as good as any receiver in the league.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
It’s funny how the penalty on Thomas changed the game. The team was dominant early with our second team but after the questionable penalty the team played like horse crap. Grier is done. Richards is playing really well as the second team left tackle. Tolbert looks as good as any receiver in the league.
What it tells me is the team is mentally weak. If they were so bothered by this penalty that it changed the way they played the rest of the night, then maybe they aren't fit for an NFL roster.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
What it tells me is the team is mentally weak. If they were so bothered by this penalty that it changed the way they played the rest of the night, then maybe they aren't fit for an NFL roster.
Interesting take. A bunch a young guys thinking they got off the field after playing a great series and suddenly they have to come back out. Relax…..

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think the main issue is the miscues are the same week in and week out

OL depth is absolute garbage. Hoffman, Ball, Farniok, Waletzko? All played terrible two weeks in a row

2nd / 3rd team tackling is atrocious.

Team remains vulnerable to space and misdirections. Two weeks in a row we’ve been killed by simple play calling and not a single white jersey in the area.
Richards has been nice though

Carson

Reaction score
This game was about evaluating. I get it. Find out what you got
I agree.

But some of these guys I don’t think more reps or more playing time is going to change anything (Grier, Ball, Fehoko). A turd sometimes need to be flushed

Carson

Reaction score
Richards has been nice though
I’m all for Bass, Bostick, Richards being the depth and bringing back Peters.

Hoffman, Ball, Farniok look absolutely terrible and have taken no steps forward. Waletzko looked shaky as well

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m all for Bass, Bostick, Richards being the depth and bringing back Peters.

Hoffman, Ball, Farniok look absolutely terrible and have taken no steps forward. Waletzko looked shaky as well
Im disappointed in Farniok. I thought he was actually playable last season. He has looked awful so far

Jarntt

Reaction score
Where I seem to be different from everyone else on last nights game (and maybe some where I agree):
What is wrong with people. Not one starter played on Offense and people are complaining about it. Not much below the first two comments here matters. It's preseason. I read this board and think some of you actually care if we win or lose a preseason game.Even when the backups play in real games it won't be 11 of them together. They will have better players on their left and right.
Injury struck with Overshown and that's the biggest story. Personally I don't think he was going to play as much of a role as others seem to this year but it really sucks for him and for us if we get a couple of injuries at LB, but that's football.

Offense:
I thought our first team OL got some push in the run game. Our 2 first Qtr drives were 8 plays and 17 plays. That was our 2nd team against a lot of the Sea 1st team. A couple whiffs in pass protection offset this
I thought Deuce (and Luepke) both went down too easily, too often. No holes for Deuce really of course, but just a little too easily. I think Dowdle is going to win the #2 RB spot
Looked like PI against Sea on two consecutive drive ending plays. The interception at the goal line and the long pass down the sideline to Simi the drive before. I don't care that they weren't called but I think it impacted how those plays and our offense are viewed
Tolbert has already put to bed the idea that some seemed to have that this team needs to add a WR and has solidified his role as the #4 with potential to move up over time. He's been impressive
Grier stinks

Defense:
Our 3rd and 4th string defenders looked poor in coverage and even more so with containing the QB. Some dumb penalties on the defense too.
Scott Jr looked pretty bad again. I don't get what people see in him other than they liked some reviews they read about plays they didn't even watch themselves a month ago. He doesn't even pretend to want to tackle and was poor again in coverage. He only makes the team because he was a 6th rounder if he even does or because of our injuries at CB.
Cox played well. He made some plays stepping up and in coverage. Stayed with a WR in the flat on one play. One play someone missed an assignment and let a guy run totally free. Not sure if that was him.

I still think we need to add a veteran OL and an early down tackling LB. Stressing again that preseason isn't for judging how the regular season Cowboys will look because we didn't see many of them. It's for judging a particular player or two over a limited # of plays and since their performance depends on others also, it's tough unless you see the same good or bad every week. For example it's hard for one OL or DL to look good if the other 3/4 don't do their job. Injuries are always the worst part, but they happen in practice too.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Ultimate problem with being a good team but not winning it all. You pick at the bottom of the rounds which means you make more reaches. It is what it is

Jarntt

Reaction score
Mazi is playing with tendinitis in his knee and he is a BIG man. Cut him slack. He is toughing it out trying to get some reps and experience so he can keep learning.

Let’s have a little patience lol
I have no issue with Mazi nor how he has played so far in the preseason and expect him to be fine. NTs aren't going to jump out at you or accumulate stats. But if his knee was truly bothering him, he wouldn't be playing that many snaps in the preseason two weeks in a row. I suspect his knee is fine or he wouldn't be out there.