Cowboys wearing a lot of blue this year

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Well, friggin touché. No wonder we switched to the navy's in the next championship game loss.
I get a big kick out of watching those old games.

In this one, there was a bare-chested guy with a full bottle of whiskey, cheering in the stands and nobody cared.

And Summerall, well, say no more.

Big_D

Reaction score
They might actually start winning!! Imagine that? Then we’ll know for sure the white jerseys were cursed. It certainly seems that way.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
In this one, there was a bare-chested guy with a full bottle of whiskey, cheering in the stands and nobody cared.
This was the 70s- early 80s.
iu

D-uaqWKXkAAXrcD.jpg

Big_D

Reaction score
HATE IT. Its like the yankees wearing dark blue or Notre dame all green. Millennials ruining tradition again

This teams not the Yankees. Used to be though. Tradition. You think fans care about pin stripes if they choked every year? lol Yankees win and they win often. Otherwise the away greys are just as important when they play half their games in them including post season. Just more garbage. Cowboys white ‘used to mean something. Doesn’t really anymore and the blues are just as much a part of this team. This white with green pants at home tradition.. lol used be about winning. period! That was the tradition. If this team hasn’t won a dam thing in 60 years, no one would give a crap what they wore. Yankees are in another galaxy far far away. Cowboys lost ground a few decades ago. No uniform changes that.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
I thought the cowboys were wearing their white jerseys in both super bowl losses to the stealers in the seventies?

They lost to the Colts while wearing blue.

All Cowboys Super Bowls since then have been white jerseys.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought the cowboys were wearing their white jerseys in both super bowl losses to the stealers in the seventies?
5-2 in white is a good Super Bowl record. They're 0-2 in blue although I wouldn't be mad at all if they wore blue in the Super Bowl - SOON.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So much for the tradition of the Cowboys' look, I guess.

Only 6 games.

Blasphemy.

Smells like 6-10.
For the away games the Cowboys don’t have a choice. If the home team chooses to wear white the Cowboys have to wear their blue uniforms. I’m just surprised the Commanders, Jets, Giants, Lions and Bears are planning to wear white at home. Almost seems like collusion to force the Cowboys to wear blue.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
That's fine. The blue jersey curse only applies to the lighter colored blue jerseys that were retired long ago, not to the current Navy blue ones.

This jersey is cursed:
football-super-bowl-v-dallas-cowboys-qb-craig-morton-in-action-pass-picture-id482339988

This one isn't:
usatsi_9700827.jpg

However, they have tempted fate a little bit by getting rid of the grey numbers they used to use on the dark blue jerseys in the 90s. They need to bring the grey numbers back! The current blue jerseys need to remain completely different from the ones from the 60s and 70s.