Cowboys wearing a lot of blue this year

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Clearly Jerry Jones looked at his merchandise sales and saw the blue jersey's lagging too far behind and said, you know what? I can fix this. Give me that schedule. Blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue. There, that will do it. lol.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
The old royal blues are the greatest uniform in the history of sports.

And the pic of the chimp at a playoff game in full pads with a foam finger on his hand is the greatest photo in the history of everything.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
The blue jerseys with white pants should be their regular uni.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Don't care if they wear pink with white poka dots.. this team has the talent to achieve great things this season.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
yesjacknicholson.gif

LLLOOOLLL

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Whoa. Not a fan of this.

Traditional whites are what we all grew up seeing. Call me old school, but that’s what the Cowboys look like to me.

The occasional blue/color rush is a fun treat every now and then, but it shouldn’t be a regular thing. That’s how it loses its appeal.

Kinda like interleague play in baseball. Give me back when the National league played the American was during Allstar weekend and the WS.

quickccc

Reaction score
Good !
i'm so very glad to hear that. the traditional whites that never seem to get a noticeable upgrade design, can really get bland and boring to watch.
while the blue design jerseys are always bring a splash that stands out , and I think over the years management has finally given in to the players who
have urged their likeness to the blue jerseys.

I also like the white throw back jerseys too. (with the big blue star on the shoulder pads) :clap:

Big_D

Reaction score
It's not exactly a confidence builder when you're afraid to wear your away jerseys. It's kind of sad and pathetic actually. Seems like that mindset is part of the problem.

Nav22

Reaction score
Update: Cowboys will be in traditional whites at New England, not color rush.

So that’s 7 games with traditional whites, 8 games with blue, 1 game with “color rush”.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not exactly a confidence builder when you're afraid to wear your away jerseys. It's kind of sad and pathetic actually. Seems like that mindset is part of the problem.

That's the same mindset as when they were winning Super Bowls in the 70's and 90's. Besides, I doubt the team is really as afraid of the blues as fans like to imagine. The team is really more interested in a brand, and the white uniforms are what the Cowboys are known for. Like Yankee Pinstripes.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
The less we wear mismatching blue uniforms with green pants and no star on the jersey, the better.

I wonder who in our top brass is smart enough to get those dark pants with the blue jerseys like against the Colts in the SB. For some reason they will not get those uniforms back, the best they ever had.

Big_D

Reaction score
That's the same mindset as when they were winning Super Bowls in the 70's and 90's. Besides, I doubt the team is really as afraid of the blues as fans like to imagine. The team is really more interested in a brand, and the white uniforms are what the Cowboys are known for. Like Yankee Pinstripes.

Yankees are the winningest team in sports. Swap places with the Mets and no one would care at all about their pin stripes. The brand is winning. And they play just as well and are just as intimidating in their away uniforms. The star is the brand. Not the home white jersey. The helmet. When the brand takes precedence over winning or because of some manufactured curse.. again sad. Yankees actually wear their away uniforms and win in them. That's the difference. And I'd be fine with an 8 and 8 split, that's what should be done.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yankees are the winningest team in sports. Swap places with the Mets and no one would care at all about their pin stripes. The brand is winning. And they play just as well and are just as intimidating in their away uniforms. The star is the brand. Not the home white jersey. The helmet. When the brand takes precedence over winning or because of some manufactured curse.. again sad. Yankees actually wear their away uniforms and win in them. That's the difference. And I'd be fine with an 8 and 8 split, that's what should be done.

Yeah, and trade the Cowboys with the Titans and nobody would care about the white uniforms. So what? The Yankees ARE the Yankees, and the Cowboys ARE the Cowboys, and what they wear IS part of their brand.

Now, here is a question for you ... you say the curse is manufactured, presumably because the uniform color doesn’t matter, yet you say wearing white is taking precedence over winning. So, if uniform color doesn’t matter then how is wearing white taking precedence over winning?

eromeopolk

Reaction score
The Cowboys will be in their white jerseys for Saturday’s preseason home opener against the Houston Texans, but get used to seeing them more in their blue jerseys for the regular season. The Cowboys will wear blue at Washington, at New Orleans, at the New York Jets, at the New York Giants, at Detroit and at Chicago and will wear their blue jerseys with white pants at home against Minnesota and the Los Angeles Rams. They will wear their Color Rush twice: vs. Miami and at the New England Patriots. They will be in their traditional white jerseys for home games against the Giants, Green Bay Packers, Philadelphia Eagles, Buffalo Bills and Washington and their road game at Philadelphia.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer
As long as the Blue Jersey curse is gone, I don't care. They lose 1 game in those blue jerseys, I will begin to care.

Big_D

Reaction score
Yeah, and trade the Cowboys with the Titans and nobody would care about the white uniforms. So what? The Yankees ARE the Yankees, and the Cowboys ARE the Cowboys, and what they wear IS part of their brand.

Now, here is a question for you ... you say the curse is manufactured, presumably because the uniform color doesn’t matter, yet you say wearing white is taking precedence over winning. So, if uniform color doesn’t matter then how is wearing white taking precedence over winning?

Because some fans are afraid to wear blue?! Something might actually change. All white all the time, and they choke every year?? lol Yankee fans care about winning. Sure the pinstripes are sharp, but winning makes that team and it's brand. Meanwhile the Cowboys white jerseys have become synonymous with mediocrity. These 2 teams don't really compare.