Twitter: Cowboys were interested in WR Watkins

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Then get prepared for what he will cost.

He will get Albert Wilson money at the very least, 3 years $24M.
I'm ok with that....of course it's not my money. But I think he would bring a dynamic that can make us a deep threat.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is no reason to applaud them.

It is like commending someone for their restraint for when they walk into a Mercedes show room penniless and leave after admiring the vehicles.

Well then they made the right decision not to buy.

Go Cowboys.

JustChip

Reaction score
You think they would of added a guy like Watkins with Dez?
I took the paycut talk as an advantage had we signed a guy like Watkins to a more reasonable deal and then told Dez to take a pay cut or get cut.

But now missing out on Watkins, and seeing what he got, I doubt we hold any advantage/bluff about a paycut or get cut move.

Do you believe Dez’s agent didn’t know what the market was going to be? That’s their job - Dallas never had any leverage.

birdwells1

Reaction score
That may have been at one time...now the negative FAR outweighs that. Not even close now.

Forum has many more bitter old women at the nursing home compared to happy fans in a rainbow room.
Philly has happy fans in a rainbow room, i wonder why?

Dorsett33

Reaction score

Proof

Reaction score
Ok. But...no one knows what he's going to sign for. I think his ceiling is pretty high. And we need a deep threat. We want a dynamic....we have to pay for one. Is is a superstar? No. But 3yr 21mil...10mil guaranteed is not superstar money at the WR position.

Considering what Albert Freaking Wilson just got, I have no clue anymore. yeesh

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok. But...no one knows what he's going to sign for. I think his ceiling is pretty high. And we need a deep threat. We want a dynamic....we have to pay for one. Is is a superstar? No. But 3yr 21mil...10mil guaranteed is not superstar money at the WR position.

I've read reports that Seattle has offered $5 million a year but that Richardson is looking for $7 million.

I'd rather look at Moncrief, who has put up better overall numbers and also offers the deep threat. He should come at a lower price tag.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score

so if this is true and they now have publicly tried to find a dez replacement I dont think this will go over well with dez bryant.

They are literally trying to replace him. He does not have the ability to handle that I dont think.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
I've read reports that Seattle has offered $5 million a year but that Richardson is looking for $7 million.

I'd rather look at Moncrief, who has put up better overall numbers and also offers the deep threat. He should come at a lower price tag.

Honestly think the same. I am not opposed to Terrelle Pryor because he would be super cheap and may provide something.

I thought he was GREAT with the browns- and I really mean that. Not sure why last year was so terrible for him but it sure seems like he has a top notch work ethic