Twitter: Cowboys will let Jones hit Free Agency

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Having set their priorities as Dak and Amari, the Cowboys will have little choice but to let Byron hit FA.

garyo1954

Reaction score
"Byron is almost universally accepted as the top corner and his deal is expected to current projections."

https://nfltraderumors.co/nfc-east-notes-cowboys-eagles-giants-Commanders-130/

As far as replacements, the Cowboys have met with 3 Safetys and and 2 Corners at the combine. Here's a list of those players that they are reported to have talked to......

Trayveon Williams, RB, Texas A&M
T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa
Dax Raymond, TE, Utah State
Stanley Morgan Jr., WR, Nebraska
Terry Beckner Jr., DT, Missouri
Juan Thornhill, S, Virginia
Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi St.
Isaiah Johnson, CB, Houston
Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn St.
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S, Fla.
DE Charles Omenihu, DE, UT

Three OL: (positions weren't listed)
Kansas State's Dalton Risner
Villanova's Ethan Greenidge
Charlotte's Nate Davis

(Yesterday there was two QBs that spoke with at the bowl games, but that info has poofed for whatever reason.)

kumizi

Reaction score
You say a quarter of a turnover a game like that's some small feat..nobody on the entire roster averages that...nobody on the roster in the last decade plus has averaged that..
I think you missed the point. If he averaged 4-5 INTs a year, he’d be on his way to first team all pro and possibly the Hall of Fame.

The fans that post here have created a narrative that he’s not very good or we’ll be fine without him just because he doesn’t get INTs. He’s still one of the best corners in the NFL. Awuzie and Lewis got torched repeatedly even with Byron covering the opposing team’s #1. They’re in for a heap of trouble if those guys get promotions with Byron gone.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't keep everybody when they keep paying the other players what they're paying and that will pretty much set the 1st round pick and maybe even 2nd. What about Brown? Jones wasn't the only CB up.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
As long as defense and special teams remain afterthoughts so will the Cowboys when it comes to the postseason.

But we gotta have those "new triplets", right? :rolleyes:

kskboys

Reaction score
No surprise. Jones is as good as gone with the way money is thrown around in free agency he’ll likely end up as one of the highest-paid corners in the league if not the highest paid.
Can you say Asomugha?!!!!!!

EJK24

Reaction score
"Byron is almost universally accepted as the top corner and his deal is expected to current projections."

https://nfltraderumors.co/nfc-east-notes-cowboys-eagles-giants-Commanders-130/

As far as replacements, the Cowboys have met with 3 Safetys and and 2 Corners at the combine. Here's a list of those players that they are reported to have talked to......

Trayveon Williams, RB, Texas A&M
T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa
Dax Raymond, TE, Utah State
Stanley Morgan Jr., WR, Nebraska
Terry Beckner Jr., DT, Missouri
Juan Thornhill, S, Virginia
Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi St.
Isaiah Johnson, CB, Houston
Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn St.
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S, Fla.
DE Charles Omenihu, DE, UT

Three OL: (positions weren't listed)
Kansas State's Dalton Risner
Villanova's Ethan Greenidge
Charlotte's Nate Davis

(Yesterday there was two QBs that spoke with at the bowl games, but that info has poofed for whatever reason.)

I'm sure I'm reading this wrong but it appears you are saying they met with the players above at the combine this year?

These guys are all last year's players who entered the draft. What am I missing?

garyo1954

Reaction score

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I believe this to be true , but as is I'm fine with letting him walk because I really want ballhawks that can change a game , but most likely he will go elsewhere and end up a interception leader in the NFL just cuz.
Well..

For sure at his new pay scale he will be getting alot more balls his way.

Let's see if he can even catch.

We never found out.

:laugh:

EJK24

Reaction score

garyo1954

Reaction score
We all have done things we wish to forget lol... No worries.

I was hesitant to even reply because I definitely thought there was a misunderstanding on my part.

No do point out the mistakes I post. Most often I'm looking at three or four articles, and have 8 tabs of stats and things to read. Sometimes it's hard to keep everything straight.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Better to get it right and make the necessary corrections.

Thanks!

Carson

Reaction score
We all have done things we wish to forget lol... No worries.

I was hesitant to even reply because I definitely thought there was a misunderstanding on my part.

Lol! Same here! I reread it several times and thought it best not to respond

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Terrific cover corner who wasn’t known for picks. However in 2006 he had 8 ints. In 11 seasons he only have 15 career ints.
Wow... that's a pretty wild anomaly.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Good. Absolutely not worth the $ he will get. Take the comp pick and be happy

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Read somewhere where Jones could make $20M per season. A lot of money for someone who isn’t a game changer/playmaker and has only 2 career ints. Jones hasn’t had a pick in two seasons.

Last edited:

willia451

Reaction score
We're do so much with so little on defense for so long that we are now qualified to to anything on defense with nothing.