Twitter: Cowboys will let Jones hit Free Agency

blueblood70

Reaction score
Here's the flaw in your thinking. Prescott is the #1, Cooper is the #3 and Jones is the #8 rated free agents in the league on NFL. I have a huge problem believing that any of the top 10 free agents are considered to be 2nd tier players.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=17&ved=2ahUKEwiClYXsmPfnAhXidN8KHdV_DUgQFjAQegQIChAB&url=http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001102711/article/top-101-nfl-free-agents-of-2020-tom-brady-fourthranked-qb&usg=AOvVaw1J_CEoxv7SVlAb9-hrDHRx

I DO NOT just because where some tool ranked them this off-season just shows the quality that available ie best of two evils type thinking..sorry but believe it AC is not a top 5 WR, you have to stop the tier 1 ie elite at 5, BJ to me is not a top 5 DB because hes not getting enough ballhawk type skills he hardly breaks u a pass let alone try to int it , and Dak sorry he might be the best available because of his AGE and some of the hollow stats hes put up but that doesnt make him worth more ie jumping tiers..

thats an easy one for me they are all good sometimes plays great but all are also inconsistent and have flaws that put them in the next tiers.. I care less what some media experts have ranked them as FAS, im ranking them as players against ALL their peers..

Many FAS that were considered first day have been huge disappointments given their huge deals and not living up to them..that goes for their own teams bidding against themselves to try and keep them at elite prices for simply good play...the struggle is real..

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I DO NOT just because where some tool ranked them this off-season just shows the quality that available ie best of two evils type thinking..sorry but believe it AC is not a top 5 WR, you have to stop the tier 1 ie elite at 5, BJ to me is not a top 5 DB because hes not getting enough ballhawk type skills he hardly breaks u a pass let alone try to int it , and Dak sorry he might be the best available because of his AGE and some of the hollow stats hes put up but that doesnt make him worth more ie jumping tiers..

thats an easy one for me they are all good sometimes plays great but all are also inconsistent and have flaws that put them in the next tiers.. I care less what some media experts have ranked them as FAS, im ranking them as players against ALL their peers..

Many FAS that were considered first day have been huge disappointments given their huge deals and not living up to them..that goes for their own teams bidding against themselves to try and keep them at elite prices for simply good play...the struggle is real..

Well luckily for the three of them that you aren't an actual NFL GM. Fans that play wannabe GM don't account for much and players could care less what they think.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Here's the flaw in your thinking. Prescott is the #1, Cooper is the #3 and Jones is the #8 rated free agents in the league on NFL. I have a huge problem believing that any of the top 10 free agents are considered to be 2nd tier players.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=17&ved=2ahUKEwiClYXsmPfnAhXidN8KHdV_DUgQFjAQegQIChAB&url=http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001102711/article/top-101-nfl-free-agents-of-2020-tom-brady-fourthranked-qb&usg=AOvVaw1J_CEoxv7SVlAb9-hrDHRx

heres an easier analogy, say I was a car lot that all we sold is tier one cars like Mclarens, Ferarris, and Lambos.. we were getting low on inventory but nothing we typically buy are available.

so someone suggest how about go buy some Mustangs, Chargers, and Camaros until the Elite cars become available, However they told you you have to pay Ferarri prices for mustangs, chargers and camaros because the used market is low on supply and highs on demand..

would you?
I for GD sure would not...thats what happens sometimes I mean Daks like a supercharged fully customized Mustang I mean sure hes a Gt1000 with all the bells and whistles but hes not a ferrari

AC is a supped up charger but hes no Lambo

BJ is the special edition race ready Camaro but for gd sure hes isnt woth the price of a Mcclaren..

thats what FA is about just because whats available are in short supply and now elevated their prices doesnt make them an elevated players..happens all the time man most day 1 FA hardly live up to the inflated deals..those can kill caps..

Dream teams are mad this way and fail this way.. big names bigger numbers = not always smart investments..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well luckily for the three of them that you aren't an actual NFL GM. Fans that play wannabe GM don't account for much and players could care less what they think.
funny our GM and im betting at least 28-30 also wont be offering them those deals either dude.. you are NOT a GM either..your opinion is not somehow better then mine.thanks for laying though..

cern

Reaction score
if we disagree bj is not top tier we play wannabe gm. if we agree bj is top tier we are still playing wannabe gm. doesn't matter which side of the fence you're standing. who is more important, cooper or jones. regardless of which one we think is the most important, we're still playing wannabe gm. ergo, all fans play wannabe gm.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
if we disagree bj is not top tier we play wannabe gm. if we agree bj is top tier we are still playing wannabe gm. doesn't matter which side of the fence you're standing. who is more important, cooper or jones. regardless of which one we think is the most important, we're still playing wannabe gm. ergo, all fans play wannabe gm.
I play a wannabe fan wannabeing a gm.
Technically speaking...

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
heres an easier analogy, say I was a car lot that all we sold is tier one cars like Mclarens, Ferarris, and Lambos.. we were getting low on inventory but nothing we typically buy are available.

so someone suggest how about go buy some Mustangs, Chargers, and Camaros until the Elite cars become available, However they told you you have to pay Ferarri prices for mustangs, chargers and camaros because the used market is low on supply and highs on demand..

would you?
I for GD sure would not...thats what happens sometimes I mean Daks like a supercharged fully customized Mustang I mean sure hes a Gt1000 with all the bells and whistles but hes not a ferrari

AC is a supped up charger but hes no Lambo

BJ is the special edition race ready Camaro but for gd sure hes isnt woth the price of a Mcclaren..

thats what FA is about just because whats available are in short supply and now elevated their prices doesnt make them an elevated players..happens all the time man most day 1 FA hardly live up to the inflated deals..those can kill caps..

Dream teams are mad this way and fail this way.. big names bigger numbers = not always smart investments..

Here's what hilarious with your car example. You, a fan wannabe GM have made your determination of those three players which doesn't jive with what actual professionals think and then come back with a car story that supports your fan wannabe GM thinking. Now you may have a problem with Jerry and/or Stephen but now McCarthy has called Prescott as his franchise QB. Most TV talking heads say Cooper is one of the top receivers in the league and continually list multiple teams that if Cooper doesn't get signed or tagged by the Cowboys that will be lined up trying to get him. Those same talking heads talk about all the teams that will go after Jones. But the fan wannabe GM just doesn't see things like that, but I don't hear any teams knocking down your door to be their GM either.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Who would be easier to replace - Jones or Zeke?

Most teams would pay the corner these days, not the RB.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Cern that is true we all do it. I don't think anyone is for signing Jones over Cooper. In my defense on the Prescott/Cooper thing is that I'm generally taking the side of what Jerry, Stephen and McCarthy have said so I do have that on my side.

Hadenough

Reaction score
No surprise here! Byron is going to become the first Dak salary casualty.

Flamma

Reaction score
This pretty much tells me Dak is getting paid. But I pretty much already knew that.

cern

Reaction score
Here's what hilarious with your car example. You, a fan wannabe GM have made your determination of those three players which doesn't jive with what actual professionals think and then come back with a car story that supports your fan wannabe GM thinking. Now you may have a problem with Jerry and/or Stephen but now McCarthy has called Prescott as his franchise QB. Most TV talking heads say Cooper is one of the top receivers in the league and continually list multiple teams that if Cooper doesn't get signed or tagged by the Cowboys that will be lined up trying to get him. Those same talking heads talk about all the teams that will go after Jones. But the fan wannabe GM just doesn't see things like that, but I don't hear any teams knocking down your door to be their GM either.
You have to admit that even the so called experts make their fair number of mistakes as well. Not everything is quantifiable.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You have to admit that even the so called experts make their fair number of mistakes as well. Not everything is quantifiable.

This true and I've said that several times. But when you now have McCarthy and former coaches and GM's saying the same thing I tend to give them more credit then us and our perspective while sitting on our couches.

cern

Reaction score
Cern that is true we all do it. I don't think anyone is for signing Jones over Cooper. In my defense on the Prescott/Cooper thing is that I'm generally taking the side of what Jerry, Stephen and McCarthy have said so I do have that on my side.
I'll discount anything said by jerry, but think a lot of mcclay and stephen.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Who would be easier to replace - Jones or Zeke?

Most teams would pay the corner these days, not the RB.

Zeke had a down year in his ypc. His talent, size, strength, has to be closer to around 4.8 ypc. We know he doesn't get those breakaway td's much.